Recent headlines from The Baltimore Sun

Photo
- - - - -

The Official 2014 Pre Season Rankings....

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 agentorange

agentorange

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,621 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 12:01 AM

1. Old Mill    

2.  Gilman        

3. Mcdonogh   

4. Franklin

5. St Frances   

6. Howard       

7. River Hill

8. Douglass      

9. Perry Hall

10. Spalding

11. Edmondson

12. St Joes  

13. Loyola

14. Patterson

15. CHC

16. Dunbar       

17. Meade        

18. D.Harbor  

19. Arundel      

20. Hereford.

21. St Pauls

22. Broadneck 

23. Fallston      

24. Glenelg     

25. Catonsville

On Deck (Curley, Dundalk, Milford Mill, City, Poly, Owings Mill)

#2 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,727 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 01:02 AM

Old Mill. Hahahaha, you make me laugh sometime AO. You should be a comedian!

#3 agentorange

agentorange

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,621 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 08:18 AM

Yea....what a comedian I am, ranking Gilman below Old Mill.......I was thinking the same thing last year just after Mcdonogh turned  gIlman upside down and shook out the loose change.....all of it...I had to laugh at myself...

#4 berich3

berich3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 30 August 2014 - 12:05 PM

Apparently Old Mill has looked ok in scrimmages.  It looks like they had a scrimmage with Urbana, Northwest, and Sherwood on 8/23 and OM was the worst team there.  Per DudeOfMoco on the Moco board:

Urbana has a huge team (lots of #s) and was one of the most physical teams there. Their run game was strong and their defense was stinging but they aren't quite as athletic as NW and NW handled them 3-2. Urbana looks to be a dominate force in the future with Mencerini running the show.

NW is super fast and has great skill and tough LBs. That being said they are seemingly weak spot is the line play. They allowed Sherwood to get pressure on the QB and Urbana was able to run the ball on them. That being said their skill and physicality makes up for the rest. When they get into open field with the rock it's ball game over. 

Old Mill was also very physical and ran the ball well. But they are a little weak at QB and at the skill positions. If they had any kind of pass game they could be dangerous. I'm not sure if the rain had an affect or what but they seem one dimensional. 

The interesting team was Sherwood. Their 1's move the ball consistently with the run and pass and the surprise of the day was how Sherwood handled NW... Sherwood shut NWs offense down and NW only scored once on a broken coverage. Outside of that they barely got a first down on Sherwood. Sherwood will surprise some people. They are pretty big, athletic, and saw good things from the QB. Although they may not be very deep... once they mixed in some 2s they got handled easily by Urbana.

NW 3 Urbana 2
Sherwood 3 Old Mill 2
Urbana 3 Sherwood 1
NW 3 Old Mill 1
NW 1 Sherwood 1 

#5 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,727 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 12:28 PM

Apparently Old Mill has looked ok in scrimmages.  It looks like they had a scrimmage with Urbana, Northwest, and Sherwood on 8/23 and OM was the worst team there.  Per DudeOfMoco on the Moco board:

Urbana has a huge team (lots of #s) and was one of the most physical teams there. Their run game was strong and their defense was stinging but they aren't quite as athletic as NW and NW handled them 3-2. Urbana looks to be a dominate force in the future with Mencerini running the show.NW is super fast and has great skill and tough LBs. That being said they are seemingly weak spot is the line play. They allowed Sherwood to get pressure on the QB and Urbana was able to run the ball on them. That being said their skill and physicality makes up for the rest. When they get into open field with the rock it's ball game over. Old Mill was also very physical and ran the ball well. But they are a little weak at QB and at the skill positions. If they had any kind of pass game they could be dangerous. I'm not sure if the rain had an affect or what but they seem one dimensional. The interesting team was Sherwood. Their 1's move the ball consistently with the run and pass and the surprise of the day was how Sherwood handled NW... Sherwood shut NWs offense down and NW only scored once on a broken coverage. Outside of that they barely got a first down on Sherwood. Sherwood will surprise some people. They are pretty big, athletic, and saw good things from the QB. Although they may not be very deep... once they mixed in some 2s they got handled easily by Urbana.NW 3 Urbana 2Sherwood 3 Old Mill 2Urbana 3 Sherwood 1NW 3 Old Mill 1NW 1 Sherwood 1 

AO has no clue what he's talking about. Old Mill isn't even Top 10 in the area this year. Everybody knows that Spalding is taking a lot of talent in that Area.

#6 DayWalker

DayWalker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 02:43 PM

And Spalding is doing what with that lot of talent in the Old Mill - Spalding area?  Old Mill had championship caliber teams when they ran on all cylinders.  Are you saying Spalding can motor with all cylinders firing?  Can we call the MIAA league title a three-team race?

#7 Oil Can

Oil Can

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 08:17 PM

Yea....what a comedian I am, ranking Gilman below Old Mill.......I was thinking the same thing last year just after Mcdonogh turned gIlman upside down and shook out the loose change.....all of it...I had to laugh at myself...

#8 Oil Can

Oil Can

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 08:17 PM

Good one.

#9 maryland57

maryland57

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:59 PM

Is Edmonson the top 1a school? Also is Patterson that good if a team. Not trying to put them down by I know some of the city schools they at are weak

#10 DayWalker

DayWalker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:46 AM

I don't know BUT all I hear is that Douglass is back for another 1A run.  But Fort Hill may again have something to say about who's best in 1A.  And those folks in Cumberland Do Not Play when it comes to football.  They will bank-roll that team and bankrupt their city over high school pigskins if you know what I mean.  Right MD MoundHill?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users