50 replies to this topic

#1 Deepurple

Deepurple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 12:15 AM

I just read his column in the Sun. He insists that the Ravens will not make the playoffs without another ready to start cornerback, offensive guard, and safety. IF we get those, by way of trading a receiver and linebacker, we'll probably make the playoffs, he says. If not, fuggettabout it", he asserts.

This guy's Raven negativity sickens me. With or without his assertions, the Ravens are going to the playoffs this year. I really believe that. Like Buck said, "I like our guys".

#2 Deepurple

Deepurple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 12:49 AM

Apologize for the triple post. Computer problems.

Edited by Deepurple, 30 August 2014 - 12:54 AM.

#3 RavensGrrl

RavensGrrl

Silly Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,470 posts
  • Locationappletiniville

Posted 30 August 2014 - 07:28 AM

preston just likes to stir stuff up in general. i am concerned about our banged up secondary though..

it's all about his pickle

#4 demopublican

demopublican

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,428 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 09:11 AM

I worry about our O-line and secondary. And about Flacco getting injured.

"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." — Steve Earle.

Disclaimer: I hate the Democrats and the Republicans but I am a registered Democrat. That way I can vote against O'Malley more often.

#5 Steveg85321

Steveg85321

Sage of wisdom, reason and truth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,968 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 09:25 AM

I sometimes wonder if it is Preston's role to lower expectations in case things don't work out.

Personally, I like our starting offensive line, now and for the future, and I think it is the right time to work in Wagner. That unit is thin, though, if a starter is injured there isn't much behind them.

The secondary, though, is a huge concern. The safeties might well develop, but right now they're vulnerable. Corner is a disaster waiting to happen (and probably won't wait long with Andy Dalton and the Bengals' receiving corps looming). It is hard to imagine a solution coming from other teams' cuts, and teams are unlikely to part with quality CBs without giving up serious quality. It may need to be done, though.

#6 mcorioles

mcorioles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,202 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:25 AM

I don't see anything wrong with what he said, it's certainly plausible .

#7 cprenegade

cprenegade

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,272 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 09:58 AM

I don't see anything that Preston said that is so far off the mark. I think people dislike Preston simply because he calls it like he sees it instead of just being a rah-rah promotion guy for the Ravens. The Ravens secondary right now could be a huge disaster waiting to happen. If it wasn't, they wouldn't have brought in Derrick Cox this late in training camp. Would any team be comfortable with the possibility of Chykie Brown being their top cornerback facing Cincinnati's receivers and Roethlisberger just 4 days later?  A lot depends on the health of Smith and Webb, but Smith hasn't played in a few weeks and Webb hasn't practiced at all.  And while people want to crucify Preston for always being the naysayer about the Ravens, remember this. Who was the only local pundit who picked the Ravens over Denver, New England and San Francisco to win the Superbowl two seasons ago? That's right, Preston.

You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill;
I will choose a path that's clear
I will choose freewill.

#8 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60,919 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 01:52 PM

This guy's Raven negativity sickens me. 

Then why do you read him?

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#9 Deepurple

Deepurple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 04:45 PM

Then why do you read him?

I quess I'm drawn to him. That doesn't mean I agree with him though.

#10 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60,919 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 05:08 PM

I quess I'm drawn to him. That doesn't mean I agree with him though.

It means you're kind of dumb. Preston has been writing the same stuff for years and you bozos continue to read it and come here and complain. What's the definition of insanity again?  :D

#11 Deepurple

Deepurple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:26 PM

It means you're kind of dumb. Preston has been writing the same stuff for years and you bozos continue to read it and come here and complain. What's the definition of insanity again?  :D

Well, I wouldn;t point fingers if were you. 55,716 posts on this board. What in the hell is the matter with you man? Don't you have a wife, a life? Apparently no.

Pretty sad. You must be kind of dumb.

#12 NCBirdfan

NCBirdfan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,589 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 11:50 PM

Well, I wouldn;t point fingers if were you. 55,716 posts on this board. What in the hell is the matter with you man? Don't you have a wife, a life? Apparently no.

Pretty sad. You must be kind of dumb.

What does the number of posts have to do with anything? bmore_ken is right. Preston counts on people like you coming on forums like this telling everyone how they "hate" his articles. It's free advertizing for him. The best way to go is just don't click or read his articles. If enough people do that, maybe the Sun would see no reason to keep him. Otherwise, he applauds you for a job well done.

-----------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
- Mark Twain

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#13 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,006 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:33 AM

Preston can write whatever he wants about roster talent, Xs and Os, organization decisions, etc. and I couldn't care less.  It's when he manufactures drama and twists stories to his own agenda / bias in order to paint someone he has a personal disliking for in a bad light that is shameful to me.  He's been doing that for 20 years now around the Ravens, and he'll continue to do it.  It helps his case that he works relatively cheap and has absolutely zero chance of moving up / moving on in the industry.  Cerrato started doing the same thing this year with the Kubiak fairy tale.  Difference of opinion is fine.  Lying is not.

Edited by Ravens2006, 01 September 2014 - 07:35 AM.

"Matt Wieters is sunshine, unicorns, puppy dogs and the baby Jesus all rolled into one"

#14 NCBirdfan

NCBirdfan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,589 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:44 AM

Preston can write whatever he wants about roster talent, Xs and Os, organization decisions, etc. and I couldn't care less.  It's when he manufactures drama and twists stories to his own agenda / bias in order to paint someone he has a personal disliking for in a bad light that is shameful to me.  He's been doing that for 20 years now around the Ravens, and he'll continue to do it.  It helps his case that he works relatively cheap and has absolutely zero chance of moving up / moving on in the industry.  Cerrato started doing the same thing this year with the Kubiak fairy tale.  Difference of opinion is fine.  Lying is not.

He also has a right to lie as long as it boosts ratings/hits. Fox fought and won that battle in court. Anyone in the media can lie without repercussions.

Edited by NCBirdfan, 01 September 2014 - 07:48 AM.

-----------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
- Mark Twain

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#15 RavensGrrl

RavensGrrl

Silly Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,470 posts
  • Locationappletiniville

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:07 AM

haha, negativity inspires discussion, that's all preston is doing. i've met him a couple times and he is one of the nicest guys in the world. but the man has to sell newspapers in the internet age and writing "the ravens are the greatest" every day won't do it. he'll even stoop to immaturity, name-calling, etc. when regular ole negativity gets dull. it's a show..  :cool:

#16 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60,919 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:50 AM

What does the number of posts have to do with anything? bmore_ken is right. Preston counts on people like you coming on forums like this telling everyone how they "hate" his articles. It's free advertizing for him. The best way to go is just don't click or read his articles. If enough people do that, maybe the Sun would see no reason to keep him. Otherwise, he applauds you for a job well done.

Absolutely nothing. It's the last refuge of those on this forum with no argument. I guess Deepurple doesn't have internet access at his Mickey D's job   :D  Preston has had these clowns dancing to his tune for years. I don't even have to read his column to know what he says every week, I just come here  :lol:

Edited by bmore_ken, 01 September 2014 - 10:52 AM.

#17 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,939 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:02 PM

This is how I see it.

Now, a guy like Mike Florio, who specializes in borderline analysis/opinion/out right gossip, might properly fit the category of posting things just to get a reaction. And once in a while he might cross the line into untruth. But having read Preston all these years, it's just different with Preston.

#18 Steveg85321

Steveg85321

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,968 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:55 PM

haha, negativity inspires discussion, that's all preston is doing. i've met him a couple times and he is one of the nicest guys in the world. but the man has to sell newspapers in the internet age and writing "the ravens are the greatest" every day won't do it. he'll even stoop to immaturity, name-calling, etc. when regular ole negativity gets dull. it's a show..  :cool:

This post is right on (though I have to wonder if you have a broken shift key. Normally sentences and names begin with a capital letter.)

#19 RavensGrrl

RavensGrrl

Silly Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,470 posts
  • Locationappletiniville

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:33 PM

haha, you don't need capital letters to make a good post. you don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows.

and your parentheses are out of whack. :)

#20 Steveg85321

Steveg85321

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,968 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:51 PM

haha, you don't need capital letters to make a good post. you don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows.

and your parentheses are out of whack. :)

Yes, you are right about the parentheses, something I guess I never understood and with which I have a bad habit. And you don't need capital letters to make a good post, they just aid in readability. What is needed for a good post is a sense of humor and a bit of perspective, which I can see you have. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users