Jones, CF

Cruz, DH

Davis, 1B

Hardy, SS

Paredes, 3B

Flaherty, 2B

Joseph, C

Chen, LHP

I'll say it again... this reminds me of 2012 when it just seemed like every move Buck made paid off.

Flaherty in the lineup... 3 run homer.

I've been saying for weeks, Flaherty/Schoop should be R/L platoon at 2B. No reason on earth why RF should be buried on the bench while JS gets the lion's share of the playing time at 2B.

I've been saying for weeks, Flaherty/Schoop should be R/L platoon at 2B. No reason on earth why RF should be buried on the bench while JS gets the lion's share of the playing time at 2B.

Schoop hits better than Flaherty (even against righties) and I think the organization sees him as the future.  Also, Buck's style seems to be to give guys plenty of time before making a decision.

Edited by Jimmy Jazz

Who's the color guy on MASN?

Dave Johnson, former relief pitcher for the O's. Y not team, I think.

well we had this discussion several weeks ago and it turned out schoops numbers were worse that RF in terms of OBP, vs lefty or righty. It's possible it has changed since then as schoop has been playing regularly and RF hasn't.

I'll say it again, there is no earthly reason that 2B shouldn't be shared on a platoon basis.

Flaherty's definitely the better defender and can play almost anywhere but he straight up can't hit.  He's had his chances to play regularly and did less than Schoop.

Schoop

RHP: .227/.253/.390

LHP: .200/.256/.283

Flaherty

RHP: .197/.271/.272

LHP:  .189/.211/.459

The OBP difference is there but I don't think it's a big enough difference that Schoop's clear power advantage should be benched.

Flaherty's definitely the better defender and can play almost anywhere but he straight up can't hit.  He's had his chances to play regularly and did less than Schoop.

Schoop

RHP: .227/.253/.390

LHP: .200/.256/.283

Flaherty

RHP: .197/.271/.272

LHP:  .189/.211/.459

The OBP difference is there but I don't think it's a big enough difference that Schoop's clear power advantage should be benched.

I don't know if he'll ever hit for a high average but if he plays every day next year he's going to hit 24 homers

We've seen some pretty dominant performances from this club recently. God only knows what happened in Chicago

They have enough guys who can bang it over the fence as it is, they need a few more guys like Markakis who actually know the strike zone.

They have enough guys who can bang it over the fence as it is, they need a few more guys like Markakis who actually know the strike zone.

Honestly, that's why I always advocated sender Schoop back to triple A for a little bit to work more on pitch selection and some of the other basics of hitting.

Well this is over.

Now watch tomorrow, as they struggle to string together two hits over the course of a nine inning ballgame....! Jekyl and Hyde.....

Actually, if you read carefully, my position is that you don't BENCH either of them. You let them both acquire playing time, which gives you the righty-lefty edge in every pitching matchup. And let the chips fall, you will soon find out who is your guy. Meanwhile, the guy with a clear disadvantage in the power department has a homer and a triple. Let the guy play. Sheez.

Actually, if you read carefully, my position is that you don't BENCH either of them. You let them both acquire playing time, which gives you the righty-lefty edge in every pitching matchup. And let the chips fall, you will soon find out who is your guy. Meanwhile, the guy with a clear disadvantage in the power department has a homer and a triple. Let the guy play. Sheez.

The difference is that Schoop projects as an everyday major leaguer. Flaherty does not.

Yeah but you'd be sitting Schoop against righties which is what you face the most leaving Flaherty with the lions share of at bats from 2B.  We've seen that before, he's just not that good.

Paredes!

This guy looks way better than just AAA filler.  Good minor numbers and still only 25. Also stole 20 plus bases every year  so good speed to boot.