• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 mcorioles

mcorioles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,722 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 04:47 PM

Is this for real? ravens 8-8 third in AFC North behind the Steelers 1 . Bengals 2.

8-8 ? Possible but they have us losing to Miami ,Houston and Cleveland in week 3. I don't see any of those being loses.

#2 Deepurple

Deepurple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 04:51 PM

The joke is on them.

#3 terpmaniac

terpmaniac

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:57 AM

I saw that as well. Baltimore has won 4 straight against Cincy at home, we are 4-0 in openning games at home. Cincy was the better team last year and STILL couldnt beat us at home..and yet they have us losing to Cincy in Bmore AND Ciny as well. TWICE! When was the last time that happend? Of course Cincy fans are certain they will sweep us(they say that every year)and still believe Dalton will somehow magically lead them to the promised land. FUNNY...TOO DAMN FUNNY.

#4 mcorioles

mcorioles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,722 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:35 PM

I saw that as well. Baltimore has won 4 straight against Cincy at home, we are 4-0 in openning games at home. Cincy was the better team last year and STILL couldnt beat us at home..and yet they have us losing to Cincy in Bmore AND Ciny as well. TWICE! When was the last time that happend? Of course Cincy fans are certain they will sweep us(they say that every year)and still believe Dalton will somehow magically lead them to the promised land. FUNNY...TOO DAMN FUNNY.

I actually thought Cleveland winning in Week 3 and Miami beating the Ravens was more of a stretch.

#5 johnpolitics

johnpolitics

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,457 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:16 PM

Remember no Ray Rice in week one. 

#6 demopublican

demopublican

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,446 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:27 PM

Remember no Ray Rice in week one.

Oh yeah. Ravens should defiantly win that one.

"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." — Steve Earle.

Disclaimer: I hate the Democrats and the Republicans but I am a registered Democrat. That way I can vote against O'Malley more often.

#7 Thirteen

Thirteen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:29 AM

http://espn.go.com/e...more-every-team

So, "Advanced Football Analytics" has the Ravens going 1-7 on the road, beating only Indy, and losing to Miami, Houston and Cleveland.

I'm not saying that can't happen, but to predict it is complete nonsense.

#8 Rael

Rael

Rational member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,039 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 04:08 PM

Oh yeah. Ravens should defiantly win that one.

That misspelling actually works...

Pessimism is just an ugly word for 'pattern recognition'.

#9 mcorioles

mcorioles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,722 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 06:14 PM

So, "Advanced Football Analytics" has the Ravens going 1-7 on the road, beating only Indy, and losing to Miami, Houston and Cleveland.

If anything I would think the opposite, losing to Indy

#10 NCBirdfan

NCBirdfan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,587 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:24 PM

These are quite comical as well:

http://profootballta...on-predictions/

-----------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
- Mark Twain

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#11 demopublican

demopublican

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,446 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 10:33 PM

That misspelling actually works...

LOL

"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." — Steve Earle.

Disclaimer: I hate the Democrats and the Republicans but I am a registered Democrat. That way I can vote against O'Malley more often.

#12 West Chester Raven

West Chester Raven

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 05:39 AM

Lots of questions on this team. The back end of the defense is a real concern.  I think a wild card berth is the best that we can hope for this year. Hope we win the division - the offense needs to rebound for this to happen. We'll soon find out - can't wait for half the season for things to "gel". The time for that has been over the summer. I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of offense we'll have this year because they are going to have to carry this team.

#13 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58,371 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:37 AM

In ESPN's defense some people here predicted 12 wins last year

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users