32 replies to this topic

#1 maryland57

maryland57

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 10:06 PM

With the beginning of the season underway in a week I thought I would like to start the baltimore county thread. With two intriguing first week games

Franklin vs Calvert Hall
Hereford vs St. Paul's

Are there any other big games? Place your thoughts about this year's county

#2 Rob A.

Rob A.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:41 PM

Haven't you heard there is no football played outside of the MIAA or Howard Co.

#3 Rob A.

Rob A.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:42 PM

Heard Perry Hall should be tough,

Edited by Rob A., 01 September 2014 - 04:42 PM.

#4 maryland57

maryland57

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:43 PM

Good enough to beat franklin?

#5 Rob A.

Rob A.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:37 PM

Good enough to beat franklin? 

I wish I could say no

#6 maryland57

maryland57

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:16 PM

They were not that impressive vs Hereford or ET so I don't know what you mean

#7 DBcoach_02

DBcoach_02

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:19 PM

No perry hall hasn't impressed me at all. O line looked well coached but small. Qb was just launching prayers. Franklin has a talented secondary. Unless perry hall is able to absolutely pound franklin. I cant see them beating them. I am looking forward to seeing franklin play chc this friday, that will tell me alot about both teams this season.

#8 Rob A.

Rob A.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:36 PM

I wasn't impressed with them last year,and they sent us packing so I shall not take them lightly, I heard they destroyed Hereford in their scrimmage was that just kids boasting

#9 Rob A.

Rob A.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:39 PM

No perry hall hasn't impressed me at all. O line looked well coached but small. Qb was just launching prayers. Franklin has a talented secondary. Unless perry hall is able to absolutely pound franklin. I cant see them beating them. I am looking forward to seeing franklin play chc this friday, that will tell me alot about both teams this season.

Oh yeah Franklin's secondary will not be thrown on,not a school in the State 

#10 Outside Looking In

Outside Looking In

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:56 PM

Perry Hall's Oline is not small. They are actually quite large but they do not move that well. Any type of speed up front will hurt them but if they get their paws on you it will be hard to get off.

#11 city40blast

city40blast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:16 PM

Haven't you heard there is no football played outside of the MIAA or Howard Co.

^^ right I want to hear about bmore city and county schools

#12 Rob A.

Rob A.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:21 PM

^^ right I want to hear about bmore city and county schools

Here's the skinny on Douglas, 4 headed monster at running back, no Qb and a good defense 

#13 city40blast

city40blast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:37 PM

Cool anything on Dunbar or patty

#14 Rob A.

Rob A.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:20 PM

Don't know much about Patterson,but Dunbar should still contend the have some good players, they look good

#15 TheGuru

TheGuru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,716 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 06:04 AM

Oh yeah Franklin's secondary will not be thrown on,not a school in the State

I'm of the opinion that most high schools can be passed on because most high schools don't see prolific passing attacks week in and week out. Who are the marquee players in that Franklin secondary and what makes you so sure they can stop anybody?

#16 DBcoach_02

DBcoach_02

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 06:29 AM

Jordan adams - WVU committ is a tall athletic corner who plays really good in man to man and has great breaks when in zone. Juantez McCrae - I think everyone know this kids ability at free no break down necessary. Hes a beast.
Michael Gibson - the sophmore who started every game on varsity as a freshman is a big hitting strong safety who plays well down in the box as well as on the edge, solid tackling and quick burst to the ball. Reads screens incredibly fast
steven smothers - plays in the secondary also, and while im sure struggles vs the run, not too many kids around with that kind of ball hawking ability.

But....I dont follow them real close. They have great coaching and im sure they know the wr corp thats coming to face them. They will be ready im sure. Really looking forward to this game

#17 TheGuru

TheGuru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,716 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 06:56 AM

Jordan adams - WVU committ is a tall athletic corner who plays really good in man to man and has great breaks when in zone. Juantez McCrae - I think everyone know this kids ability at free no break down necessary. Hes a beast.
Michael Gibson - the sophmore who started every game on varsity as a freshman is a big hitting strong safety who plays well down in the box as well as on the edge, solid tackling and quick burst to the ball. Reads screens incredibly fast
steven smothers - plays in the secondary also, and while im sure struggles vs the run, not too many kids around with that kind of ball hawking ability.

But....I dont follow them real close. They have great coaching and im sure they know the wr corp thats coming to face them. They will be ready im sure. Really looking forward to this game

Adams is a talent as is McCrae. Smothers is just moonlighting on defense. Don't know much about the sophomore safety.

I think Sr QB Kenji Bahar will throw two TDs in Friday's game. Sr wideout Lawrence Cager matches up well with Adams. Jr Morgan Scroggins runs good routes and has sure hands. The x-factors for CHC will be Sr WR Dionte Austin and sophomore BJ Watson.

The CHC guys aren't pushovers. As for McCrae, he can be a little overaggressive and can be counted on for an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty at least once a game.

#18 DJGreg1200

DJGreg1200

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,482 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 11:32 AM

Cool anything on Dunbar or patty

Rebuilding year for Patterson. 6-4 or 7-3 team

#19 TheGuru

TheGuru

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,716 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 11:36 AM

Rebuilding year for Patterson. 6-4 or 7-3 team

I think Dunbar is in rebuilding mode, not reloading.  They have an EASY schedule, though, and their playoff region is not tough with Patterson possibly being down.

Edited by TheGuru, 04 September 2014 - 11:38 AM.

#20 DJGreg1200

DJGreg1200

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,482 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 11:39 AM

I think Dunbar is in rebuilding mode, not reloading.  They have an EASY schedule, though, and their playoff region is not tough with Patterson possibly being down.

Agreed. I think 7-3 will earn the top seed in the 2A North this year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users