Recent headlines from The Baltimore Sun

Photo
- - - - -

Game Of The Week- Franklin/CHC

• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

Poll: Franklin/CHC (25 member(s) have cast votes)

WHO WINS?

1. Voted Franklin (13 votes [52.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 52.00%

2. Calvert Hall (12 votes [48.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 48.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,199 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:11 AM

This will be hotly contested! I'm hewing there's some bad blood going on between the programs that was heighten after former CHC player Juantez McCrae ended up at Franklin. Hear there's a lot of trash talk going on and I love it. Couple that with CHC winning last year and Franklin having something to prove, this is a can't miss game!! Who wins this? I seriously don't know. Haven't seen the new and improved Cards, so can't make an honest prediction. Have to commend Franklin on scheduling this game. Like I said, don't want to ever hear anymore of this Private/Public crap, no public(outside of Howard County) besides Wise and Franklin should talk about being tops in the state, put up or shut up!

#2 DBcoach_02

DBcoach_02

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:20 AM

My vote goes to franklin, the speed on offense and secondary play will make the difference. CHC should be able to run the ball, but I feel that once they throw that ball the Indians will make them pay. Ill be in attendance, I was back and forth with this game and dunbar vs FCA. But this is a much more attractive match up. Im just not sold on CHC's "improvements"

#3 city40blast

city40blast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:25 AM

I hope franklin pulls it out,two freshman on varsity that hang with my son.

#4 BJC

BJC

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:26 AM

I've been out of the loop for a over a year now, but something tells me FRANKLIN will win this game.  They clearly have the most talent.  I would love to see a good Baltimore County team beat a good MIAA team on their own field.  I can't remember the last time that happened.

#5 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,199 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 07:19 AM

This is a really big game for both sides but I think a bigger one for CHC. I think Franklin really can't lose either way. But if CHC loses, they will get torched by everybody. That being said, I think Franklin should be favorite. They're LOADED. On paper, this should be a Franklin win by 10.

#6 BmoreCounty99

BmoreCounty99

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:07 AM

CHC wins this game.

#7 DayWalker

DayWalker

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:23 AM

This will be hotly contested! I'm hewing there's some bad blood going on between the programs that was heighten after former CHC player Juantez McCrae ended up at Franklin. Hear there's a lot of trash talk going on and I love it. Couple that with CHC winning last year and Franklin having something to prove, this is a can't miss game!! Who wins this? I seriously don't know. Haven't seen the new and improved Cards, so can't make an honest prediction. Have to commend Franklin on scheduling this game. Like I said, don't want to ever hear anymore of this Private/Public crap, no public(outside of Howard County) besides Wise and Franklin should talk about being tops in the state, put up or shut up!

Tops in state ( polls / rankings ) is mostly if not ALL privates talk.  You all do so simply because you only play for league titles.  And with the MIAA in particular, you don't even have an elimination playoff "league" championship.  Ridiculous!!  So polls / rankings are understandably in your best interest.  Publics play for state titles so they are far more interested in going to The Bank and winning rather than some worthless poll / rankings.  Public kids want state title rings and they just don't care about feel good polls.  To be 10th or 5th or 2nd in a state polls/ranking just does NOT measure up to state rings.  Ask the folks out in Cumberland at Fort Hill about their ranking last year or the title they so desperately sort and won.

Besides your besides, you say Wise should be one of two public schools who can talk about being tops.  Wise coming off a state 4A championship last year was taken to the wood shed by 2A DouglassPG.  Wise was beaten by Bowie, Suitland, and twice by DuVal.  So do you know anything about public teams and their standings or competitiveness, especially against the top dawgs with the target on their backs!

Edited by DayWalker, 02 September 2014 - 08:59 AM.

#8 Outside Looking In

Outside Looking In

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 09:36 AM

I believe Calvert Hall will win this game again. I do not know by how much because Franklin is loaded with out of district players getting special waivers to play there and CHC can recruit. So it seems pretty evenly matched, but CHC wins in my opinion.

#9 benhur

benhur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:18 AM

My vote goes to franklin, the speed on offense and secondary play will make the difference. CHC should be able to run the ball, but I feel that once they throw that ball the Indians will make them pay. Ill be in attendance, I was back and forth with this game and dunbar vs FCA. But this is a much more attractive match up. Im just not sold on CHC's "improvements"

#10 benhur

benhur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:34 AM

Corey believe me chc is for real. The guys who left with you all did not hurt them one bit. This team has good chemistry and is well balanced. If some of the position coaches can avoid doing simple things like playing Cager at DE and making rec ball substitutions, they will be OK. Let Cager concentrate on his receiving game and bring in the underclassmen when the game is iced and under control. Let your starters get in a groove before making wholesale changes that benefit the opposition. My assessment: franklin's passing game matches up with chc's secondary. The difference will be chc's running game and improved line play. This will be a very good contest. Their OC is Good. None of that flip the coin play calling. He knows his resources and sets them up to be successful.

Edited by benhur, 02 September 2014 - 07:59 PM.

#11 DBcoach_02

DBcoach_02

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:46 AM

Corey believe me chc is for real. The guys who left with you all did not hurt them one bit. This team has good chemistry and is well balanced. If some of the position coaches can avoid doing simple things like playing Cager at DE and making rec ball substitutions, they will be OK. Let Cager concentrate on his receiving game and bring in the underclassmen when the game is iced. Let your starters get in a groove before making wholesale changes that benefit the opposition. My assessmet: franklin's passing game matches up with chc's secondary. The difference will be chc's running game and improved line play. This will be a very good contest

You all crack me up, ill be at the franklin game. Shoot me a pm and you can clearly see im not Corey. Ive never coached at CHC

Edited by DBcoach_02, 02 September 2014 - 10:47 AM.

#12 Rob A.

Rob A.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:47 AM

Corey believe me chc is for real. The guys who left with you all did not hurt them one bit. This team has good chemistry and is well balanced. If some of the position coaches can avoid doing simple things like playing Cager at DE and making rec ball substitutions, they will be OK. Let Cager concentrate on his receiving game and bring in the underclassmen when the game is iced. Let your starters get in a groove before making wholesale changes that benefit the opposition. My assessmet: franklin's passing game matches up with chc's secondary. The difference will be chc's running game and improved line play. This will be a very good contest

benhur your assessment is spot on,Franklin has to stop the run and the line play is where games are won 28-24 CHC

#13 benhur

benhur

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:54 AM

Coach Davis will have his troops ready for this one. The guy is able to get zero star athletes to play like the five star guys. His ballplayers love him and will respond when he turns them loose. Football is about 25-30% mental and emotional. Davis knows how to get all of that focused on the opposition. This will be one of those games we'll be talking about years from now.

Edited by benhur, 02 September 2014 - 10:57 AM.

#14 BmoreCounty99

BmoreCounty99

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:13 AM

I think CHC will have an impressive win. 17+

#15 gillytech

gillytech

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,205 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:37 PM

I think it will be close.  Franklin has too much talent for CHC to win by 17.  I'll take Franklin by 3. 

#16 BmoreCounty99

BmoreCounty99

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:54 PM

I think it will be close.  Franklin has too much talent for CHC to win by 17.  I'll take Franklin by 3. 

We shall see. I still say 17+ but if it is 14+ I would not be shocked.

#17 mop

mop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 01:17 PM

Saw Franklin play Westminster last year. They had 5-6 players that would start in the A Conference. Smothers et al would be great in any League. Franklin had one big lineman and he had questionable form (I don't care who has offered him because that's based on potential vs actual technique). CHC should be able to run on them at will. Double or triple Smothers and its a field day for the Cardinals.

#18 lord_baltimore

lord_baltimore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:13 PM

Saw Franklin play Westminster last year. They had 5-6 players that would start in the A Conference. Smothers et al would be great in any League. Franklin had one big lineman and he had questionable form (I don't care who has offered him because that's based on potential vs actual technique). CHC should be able to run on them at will. Double or triple Smothers and its a field day for the Cardinals.

CHC hasn't run on anyone decent at will in 3 years. Their OL looks improved this year but lets pump the brakes. I know CHC beat Franklin last year but by the end of the season Franklin looked like a much, much better team in my opinion.

I think Franklin wins in a close one but I certainly wouldn't be surprised by a CHC victory.

Edited by lord_baltimore, 02 September 2014 - 03:14 PM.

#19 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,199 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:14 PM

benhur your assessment is spot on,Franklin has to stop the run and the line play is where games are won 28-24 CHC

Hold up, you're picking CHC? If you are, I damn sure will, hahahaha!

#20 GREYHOUND ALUM

GREYHOUND ALUM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,199 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:19 PM

They're playing Cager at DE? He's WAY TOO LIGHT to be playing DE. I can't see him playing defense period to be honest. I've never seen him on the defensive side of the ball. He's a hell of an athlete, honestly probably the top pure athlete in the area. I haven't been sold on him ON THE FIELD yet though. Yet to see the production but he's a huge mismatch for anybody.

Franklin has a big name on the OL in Allan, but MO is right, his technique needs some serious improvement. The issue with Franklin will be, is Hinton healthy? Two ACL surgeries, that's a lot. But he's a hell of a RB. Question for CHC, can they score with Franklin?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users