5 replies to this topic

#1 Steveg85321

Steveg85321

Sage of wisdom, reason and truth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:15 AM

I am sorry that I will possibly be unable to watch the game live on Sunday (anybody have ideas on where I could probably watch at least some of it in Philadelphia?). While I am generally optimistic, I share everyone's big concerns about the Ravens' secondary - safeties not showing much and CBs semi-healthy with little training camp or pre-season work. The Bengals receivers are excellent, and present problems for even good defenders. Possibly the Ravens' pass rush can harass Dalton, who is not known for great composure, into some mistakes.

I look for a fairly ugly game in which the Ravens are going to need to put up 35+ points to win.

GO RAVENS!

Edited by Steveg85321, 02 September 2014 - 08:16 AM.

#2 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,045 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 02 September 2014 - 11:21 AM

here's a place that has the NFL Sunday ticket. they are suggested by a website called Baltimore Ravens bars across America.

Mikey's American Grill & Sports Bar
3180 Chestnut St.
(215) 222-3226
MikesPhilly.com
Ravens Cred: NFL Sunday Ticket

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#3 Steveg85321

Steveg85321

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:10 PM

here's a place that has the NFL Sunday ticket. they are suggested by a website called Baltimore Ravens bars across America.

Mikey's American Grill & Sports Bar
3180 Chestnut St.
(215) 222-3226
MikesPhilly.com
Ravens Cred: NFL Sunday Ticket

Thanks for the info, both on Philly (I think I will be in that very neighborhood at a family function) and that cool web site.

#4 mcorioles

mcorioles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,722 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 01:35 PM

I think they are going to have to prove they can stop the run first. If they can do that and consistently put pressure on Dalton it will help the secondary.

IF and it's a big IF the O line and Joe can run the Kubiak offense somewhat efficiently ,since it's still new to them the O line protection won't have to be great since a lot if Kubiaks game is getting the ball out quickly.

Special teams goes to the Ravens.

D the Bengals gotta have the edge ,they were 5 th overall last year.

Offense probably goes to the Bengals also same offense, same players ect.

With that being said they are the Bengals and we are home and they really can't game plan for a offense they haven't seen the Ravens personnel run.SO.............Ravens 30 Bengals 27

Edited by mcorioles, 04 September 2014 - 01:36 PM.

#5 RavensGrrl

RavensGrrl

Silly Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,626 posts
  • Locationappletiniville

Posted 06 September 2014 - 06:07 AM

steve, i am assuming that you do not have directv/sunday ticket? if so, you can watch on their smartphone app. it has come in handy on a few occasions. :)

i will be particularly interested in our running game..we had NONE last year. to me this is the key to our success or failure. and as always, limiting stupid penalties and getting off the field (on D) on 3rd down. i am really excited about our linebackers! hopefully they can harass Dalton all day...he's no good under pressure. yes, i think we will need to put up a lot points.. we need td's, not field goals! this is why i'm so happy that we were able to grab steve smith, he is clutch. i have a good feeling about this game!!

it's all about his pickle

#6 Steveg85321

Steveg85321

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:04 AM

@ RavensGrrl, I actually do not have a smart phone.

@ weird-o, we went by Mikey's and it is closed FYI. My son did some iPhone work (found two more sports bars that were closed - must be a tough business) and some bartender networking and found a cool neighborhood bar that had every NFL game going:

Cavanaugh's
119 South 39th Street (@ Sansom Street)
Philadelphia, PA 19104

Anyone going to Philly, I recommend it. We only watched the first half (which sucked) but got to meet a bunch of Ravens' fans and had a good time. My son commented when we left to catch his flight at the airport that the place was just bursting with energy with everyone watching all different games. The Eagles were getting embarrassed by the Jags in the first half, and there were a surprising number of Jacksonville fans on hand.

As for the the Bengals game. Our concerns about the secondary proved to be valid. The offense of course was the biggest disappointment. I was so hoping to see something new, but it was the same old thing. No run game. Little or no attempt at working the middle of the field, just a steady diet of 3-and-out long missed passes to the outside. Flacco running around until he gets sacked. I do not despair - it was the first game - I expected things might take a few games to gel. Unfortunately we're now behind in the division going into a tough road game in four days. They've got to figure it out and quick, but perhaps this mighty challenge will inspire them.

Edited by Steveg85321, 08 September 2014 - 08:07 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users