23 replies to this topic

#1 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,741 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 11:36 AM

http://profootballta...utside-stadium/

Bringing up the "white suit" reference? Really?!!!

#2 Thirteen

Thirteen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 11:54 AM

Jealousy is a terrible thing.  I'm sure if either of the Rays were a fan of whatever team that idiot cheers for, all would be fine and dandy.

#3 Steveg85321

Steveg85321

Sage of wisdom, reason and truth

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 11:56 AM

People seem to get much more pleasure out of bloviating out of their shallow, ignorant notions than understanding what really happened. You're never going to convince them, so it is best to just ignore them since attention is what they're seeking.

I have to say, I would have preferred more of a football type pose than the dance. While I suppose that is how he is remembered, it is kind of a showboat moment rather than some characteristic on-field moment. Standing looking down at Ben Roethlisberger on the ground would be cool, but I doubt you'd want to involve another figure.

Edited by Steveg85321, 04 September 2014 - 12:06 PM.

#4 Thirteen

Thirteen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 12:14 PM

Standing looking down at Ben Roethlisberger on the ground would be cool, but I doubt you'd want to involve another figure.

Especially a rapist.

#5 Deepurple

Deepurple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 12:22 PM

http://profootballta...utside-stadium/

Bringing up the "white suit" reference? Really?!!!

What is the "white suit" thing? Prison jump suit?

#6 Thirteen

Thirteen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 12:34 PM

What is the "white suit" thing? Prison jump suit?

Apparently, Ray was wearing a white suit the night that the two guys were stabbed in Atlanta.  It was apparently disposed of.

#7 JasonM

JasonM

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 01:11 PM

pft is the sports equivalent of Tiger Beat, nothing to get too upset about.

#8 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,536 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 02:35 PM

It's a shame that folks aren't required to pass a test on the facts of the Lewis case before they make smart-*** comments about it...

"Matt Wieters is sunshine, unicorns, puppy dogs and the baby Jesus all rolled into one"

#9 weird-O

weird-O

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,644 posts
  • LocationI'm here from downtown, I'm here from Mitch and Murray.

Posted 04 September 2014 - 04:12 PM

It's a shame that folks aren't required to pass a test on the facts of the Lewis case before they make smart-*** comments about it...

IDK, that's part of the fun of sports.   

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli

#10 Brohan

Brohan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,097 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 05:24 PM

Yeah, it was a white fur coat Ray disposed of. 

The double obstruction of justice stuff never bothered me; what bothered me was when Ray quit on the team and city when he wasn't happy with the horrible deal he forced the Ravens to give him. 

He revealed his true character.   Phony.  Great player tho. 

#11 bmorepunk

bmorepunk

I Can't Read Good

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,390 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 06:25 PM

Baltimore fans on the whole are special on the nut job scale, but I don't see the treatment of an elite player by the fans being much different anywhere else.  Most fans tend to overlook a lot because of what is provided to the team.  It's not like Jamal Lewis was run out of town.

#12 Hoot

Hoot

Not A Mod

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,411 posts
  • LocationRavenstown

Posted 04 September 2014 - 06:26 PM

It didn't bother me that the posters had nasty comments, they have nasty comments on all the articles, obviously they still live in their mothers basement and have no real life.  What irked me was what the "journalist" wrote.  He's paid to report events, not his opinions. 

#13 TheResearcher

TheResearcher

Debonair, Handsome, Intelligent

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,633 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:35 PM

That's a killer statue! Must have been murder getting in to see the event.

#14 OriginalColtsFan

OriginalColtsFan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,741 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:43 PM

It didn't bother me that the posters had nasty comments, they have nasty comments on all the articles, obviously they still live in their mothers basement and have no real life.  What irked me was what the "journalist" wrote.  He's paid to report events, not his opinions. 

Exactly. It was totally unprofessional.

#15 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,627 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:53 PM

Apparently, Ray was wearing a white suit the night that the two guys were stabbed in Atlanta.  It was apparently disposed of.

yep, supposedly some of the evidence that was disposed of leading to the guilty plea on the obstruction of justice charges ........

if you take off the purple glasses the statue really is not something most people could defend ......

but hey, ray rice got a standing o as well .....

They've got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

FairTax - because the Government shouldn't use the tax code to pick the winners and losers ........

#16 demopublican

demopublican

20,758 posts 1 warning points

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,887 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:14 PM

The statue is hideous. Looks like a zombie off of the walking dead
"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." — Steve Earle.

Disclaimer: I hate the Democrats and the Republicans but I am a registered Democrat. That way I can vote against O'Malley more often.

#17 RavensGrrl

RavensGrrl

ravensgrrl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,389 posts
  • Locationappletiniville

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:41 PM

oh geez. the worst part is that this guy implies that us baltimore fans applaud the crimes that our boys committed. what a completely misguided tool.

it's all about his pickle

#18 Ravens2006

Ravens2006

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,536 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 09:05 PM

Lewis lied about the names of his "friends", and the degree to which he knew them.

It turned out the names he gave the police for them, the false names considered a lie, were actually aliases that the two went by.

There was a big fight, by ALL accounts and statements instigated by the two men who died, lots of punches were thrown... shots were fired in to Lewis' limo... there was a lot of blood strewn about.  In all likelihood, Lewis got rid of his clothes out of fear and panic.

In Georgia at the time, and maybe still today, Lewis could be (and was) charged for being involved in an altercation that eventually led to a death.  Consider this scenario... you and a buddy are walking around Fells Point, a stranger breaks a bottle over your friend's head, and a fight ensues where at some point you push / shove / punch / restrain / whatever one of the attackers in an effort to defend yourself and your friend... and 10 seconds later your friend stabs him with a knife he happens to carry and the guy drops dead.  In Georgia, you're as liable for the "murder" as he is.

Virtually all the testimony at trial, and some of the testimony prior to the trial, suggested Lewis' only involvement in the fight was to break it up.

The only testimony at trial that Lewis was an aggressor was made by a state's witness who had to be released from jail to testify.  His prior conviction?  Fraud.

Many witnesses prior to and after charges were filed were allowed to modify their statements.  Lewis and his attorney had called the police to modify his initial statement (likely because the lawyers told him that lying about how well he knew the other eventual defendants and leaving the scene the way they did was a HORRIFIC decision).  Instead of allowing Lewis to modify his statement, they showed up and arrested him.

The judge admonished the prosecution during trial at one point for not providing updated statements to the defense teams.

At trial, after it was apparent to the world (who watched) that there was a tiny fraction of a percent's chance that Lewis would be convicted... the state went back with the misdemeanor plea bargain. 

In reality, Lewis should have never been charged in the first place.  The state destroyed their own credibility when his prosecution CRUMBLED at trial, and they cost themselves any chance of convicting the other two.  Had they let him modify his statement (e.g. fix the lie) they might have fared better pursuing the other two, who in all likelihood did stab the two dead guys. 

And in my typical view of those who defend themselves... had Lollar and Baker and their little posse NOT ATTACKED the group walking with Lewis... they probably don't die that night.

But f*** it... morons will continue to spin it like Lewis stabbed two innocent folks and flat out got away with it.

Edited by Ravens2006, 04 September 2014 - 09:09 PM.

"Matt Wieters is sunshine, unicorns, puppy dogs and the baby Jesus all rolled into one"

#19 yeah

yeah

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 05:33 AM

blah blah tl;dr  bottom line baltimore has immortalized someone with a rap sheet. if you dont see how ridiculous this is then youre just lying to yourself

#20 BruinBlue

BruinBlue

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 06:41 AM

I was about to make the argument that Darin Gantt is Locker Combo. But then I found this:

Darin Gantt

AFC

Seeds: 1. Broncos; 2. Patriots; 3. Colts; 4. Ravens; 5. Jaguars; 6. Chargers.

Wild card round: Colts over Chargers, Ravens over Jaguars.

Divisional round: Broncos over Ravens, Colts over Patriots.

Conference Championship: Broncos over Colts.

No way LC would've had us even sniffing the playoffs, let alone actually advancing a round. :D At least the guy seems objective in assessing our actual on-field outlook.

Edited by BruinBlue, 05 September 2014 - 06:42 AM.

I value all points of view.:D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users