tigercruise

Ravens terminate Rice's Contract

61 posts in this topic

Effective immediately. What, the Ravens didn't know about this video in the beginning? Baloney! And now they're trying to save face? They should have fired him when it all started if they were aware of this video and obviously they were.

Effective immediately. What, the Ravens didn't know about this video in the beginning? Baloney! And now they're trying to save face? They should have fired him when it all started if they were aware of this video and obviously they were.

^^^^This, +1,000,000,000!!

Brand damage control

True that. But I'm not sure this won't backfire, because too many people were calling for Rice's termination BEFORE this.

I look at this but nothing but a public relations move that IS ENTIRELY WAY TOO LATE! The only word that comes to mind with this move by the team this late in the game is – hypocrite. I just lost a lot of respect for the ownership of this team.

I look at this but nothing but a public relations move that IS ENTIRELY WAY TOO LATE! The only word that comes to mind with this move by the team this late in the game is – hypocrite. I just lost a lot of respect for the ownership of this team.

I lost it the minute they defended that bum. And tried to make it seem as if "justice had been served".

Some team will probably pick him up; maybe Dallas.

They can't

Minutes later, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell announced that, based on the latest video evidence now available, Rice is suspended indefinitely from playing in the league. His two-game suspension for assaulting Janay Palmer was scheduled to end Friday.

http://espn.go.com/n...-video-surfaces

Is Goodell telling us that the NFL was not aware of this video? I find that very hard to believe.

Is Goodell telling us that the NFL was not aware of this video? I find that very hard to believe.

League spokesman Brian McCarthy said earlier in the day, regarding the video: "We requested from law enforcement any and all information about the incident, including the video from inside the elevator. That video was not made available to us and no one in our office has seen it until today."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11489134/baltimore-ravens-cut-ray-rice-new-video-surfaces

I think they're full of crap but there ya go

Edited by bmore_ken

If true, then why wasn't it made available from the getgo? This whole mess stinks and the NFL is right smack dab in the middle of it.

If true, then why wasn't it made available from the getgo? This whole mess stinks and the NFL is right smack dab in the middle of it.

I agree 100%

Maybe he can serve an 8 game suspension without pay...

Absolutely. And so are the Ravens as an organization.

I think they're full of crap but there ya go

I have to believe there are a lot of people busy right now covering their tracks.

bye ray! the team (eventually) did what his lady was too stupid to do..

I don't get it. What do they know today that they didn't know months ago?

Not a damn thing. They're all a bunch of hypocrites. This "public relations stunt" will backfire on the NFL - and the Ravens.

They know today that now that the video has been released, it's no longer remotely possible to pull the wool over anyone's eyes. Buy really...did anyone REALLY need to see the video to know that she didn't knock herself unconscious in the elevator? (Especially after charges against her were dropped and charges against him were elevated to felony assault.)

All this really does is exacterbates people's mad rush to pick up Forsett off of the waiver wire...

They know today the paying customers aren't buying the sack of crap excuses they put out for the past couple months.

They know today that now that the video has been released, it's no longer remotely possible to pull the wool over anyone's eyes. Buy really...did anyone REALLY need to see the video to know that she didn't knock herself unconscious in the elevator? (Especially after charges against her were dropped and charges against him were elevated to felony assault.)

I'll put it another way. What does ANYONE know today that they didn't know months ago?

BTW; I thought a "lifetime ban" was going to be for the second offense.

I'll put it another way. What does ANYONE know today that they didn't know months ago?

BTW; I thought a "lifetime ban" was going to be for the second offense.

Maybe in Godell's world of "protecting the shield" at any cost, dragging her out of the elevator and dropping her like a sack of potatoes on the floor was the first offense and the cold-cocking blow in the elevator was the second.

Some team will probably pick him up; maybe Dallas.

The league has suspended him indefinitely. He may never play again.