Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GREYHOUND ALUM

Great Article About Gilman's Cyrus Jones!

123 posts in this topic

Angelo Blackson played redlion(de) but product of the ECA program was drafted 100th overall in the 4th. ECA truelly claims him

Come on man, stop it! ECA can't claim him! The kid went to Red Lion, ECA wasn't a school. That's like saying they can claim Kasim Hill! You can probably say FLASH TRAINING can claim him but you're more than reaching by saying ECA can claim him. You're still waiting for your first NFL player and nothing wrong with that. Degrees is what matters, not some NFL dream.

Come on man, stop it! ECA can't claim him! The kid went to Red Lion, ECA wasn't a school. That's like saying they can claim Kasim Hill! You can probably say FLASH TRAINING can claim him but you're more than reaching by saying ECA can claim him. You're still waiting for your first NFL player and nothing wrong with that. Degrees is what matters, not some NFL dream.

Its the same coaching staff and when he was home was always at flash ijs

Again, Flash training can claim him! How can a school the kid never went to claim a kid?

Edited by GREYHOUND ALUM

dude, you are so quick to bash. What is wrong with the PROGRAM which EVERYBODY knows moved from Redlion to ECA claiming the kid. Blackson himself if you ask him will say he is a ECA kid not redlion no matter if he graduated from there or not. He is where he is because of the program not the school. He will never be seen near Red Lion, he comes home and first place he goes is ECA. First NFL check he gets (if he gets) he said he will donate to the school.

Technically he is not from ECA, but any logical mind would say he is a ECA kid, you opinion doesn't matter because you honestly don't care to understand that.

Edited by HSFBLover

dude, you are so quick to bash. What is wrong with the PROGRAM which EVERYBODY knows moved from Redlion to ECA claiming the kid. Blackson himself if you ask him will say he is a ECA kid not redlion no matter if he graduated from there or not. He is where he is because of the program not the school. He will never be seen near Red Lion, he comes home and first place he goes is ECA. First NFL check he gets (if he gets) he said he will donate to the school.

Technically he is not from ECA, but any logical mind would say he is a ECA kid, you opinion doesn't matter because you honestly don't care to understand that.

I'm not bashing anybody. The kid isn't an ECA kid. So you're saying every kid that went to Red Lion is also a ECA kid? Or are you saying that only football players from Red Lion can claim ECA? If you're saying this, you will now be admitting that ECA is only a football school and the school part is actually the extracurricular activity, not football!

I'm not bashing anybody. The kid isn't an ECA kid. So you're saying every kid that went to Red Lion is also a ECA kid? Or are you saying that only football players from Red Lion can claim ECA? If you're saying this, you will now be admitting that ECA is only a football school and the school part is actually the extracurricular activity, not football!

dude Why do we have to argue this ?

The program at ECA can claim him, what's so bad about that ? Or hard to understand that it is then that built him to what he is. That is academically and athletically.

Look on Twitter, the kids all claim him, the schools Twitter itself claims him.

It's just like these celebs that are claimed by different colleges.

dude Why do we have to argue this ?

The program at ECA can claim him, what's so bad about that ? Or hard to understand that it is then that built him to what he is. That is academically and athletically.

Look on Twitter, the kids all claim him, the schools Twitter itself claims him.

It's just like these celebs that are claimed by different colleges.

The school can claim what they want, it's BS. What does his diploma say? If it doesn't say ECA, he can't be claim by them. I will out it another way, Blake Countess at Michigan spent more years at Gilman than he did at Good Counsel, can Gilman claim him if he gets drafted next year? NO! They developed him way more than GC.

The school can claim what they want, it's BS. What does his diploma say? If it doesn't say ECA, he can't be claim by them. I will out it another way, Blake Countess at Michigan spent more years at Gilman than he did at Good Counsel, can Gilman claim him if he gets drafted next year? NO! They developed him way more than GC.

dude, you are smarter than this, ECA (as you love to point out), and their situation Is not comparible in any way to a kid transferring from Gilman to GC. Those are two COMPLETELY. Different football programs.

In the case of ECA the FOOTBALL PROGRAM (WHO DEVELOPED the kid in every facet regarding getting to college) literally moved from Redlion to ECA,

Btw how do you know Gilman developed the kid WAY more than GC ? Lol

Edited by HSFBLover

dude, you are smarter than this, ECA (as you love to point out), and their situation Is not comparible in any way to a kid transferring from Gilman to GC. Those are two COMPLETELY. Different football programs.

In the case of ECA the FOOTBALL PROGRAM (WHO DEVELOPED the kid in every facet regarding getting to college) literally moved from Redlion to ECA,

Btw how do you know Gilman developed the kid WAY more than GC ? Lol

What do you mean how do I know? I know for fact they did!

I understand you guys want an NFL player badly but he's not an Alum of ECA. Flash training can tout and claim him all they want and they should. But it's more than a stretch for ECA to claim they have ther first NFL player, that's just ridiculous. But just let me get something straight, if ECA claims him as heir first NFL player, this means that Red Lion can't claim him?

What do you mean how do I know? I know for fact they did!

I understand you guys want an NFL player badly but he's not an Alum of ECA. Flash training can tout and claim him all they want and they should. But it's more than a stretch for ECA to claim they have ther first NFL player, that's just ridiculous. But just let me get something straight, if ECA claims him as heir first NFL player, this means that Red Lion can't claim him?

so your telling me the fact that when the kid himself says he's a ECA guy, says he's donating to ECA, doesn't claim redlion to any extent football wise, and and the PROGRAM at ECA can't say they claimed him.

You are trying way to hard here man, and it's sad.

Redlion the school had nothing to do with him getting to the NFL except for a means to do his studies in HS, which he only did because the Football program had mandatory SATS courses, and study halls.

so your telling me the fact that when the kid himself says he's a ECA guy, says he's donating to ECA, doesn't claim redlion to any extent football wise, and and the PROGRAM at ECA can't say they claimed him.

You are trying way to hard here man, and it's sad.

Redlion the school had nothing to do with him getting to the NFL except for a means to do his studies in HS, which he only did because the Football program had mandatory SATS courses, and study halls.

A kid never went to the school, you and the school claiming him as an Alum and I'm trying too hard? That's funny! From now on, I'm going to call myself a Harvard graduate. I'm as much a Harvard Alum as he's a ECA alum.

Your last statement is a perfect example of why people call ECA a AAU football squad. School means nothing to that program!

A kid never went to the school, you and the school claiming him as an Alum and I'm trying too hard? That's funny! From now on, I'm going to call myself a Harvard graduate. I'm as much a Harvard Alum as he's a ECA alum.

Your last statement is a perfect example of why people call ECA a AAU football squad. School means nothing to that program!

ok GA, no one ever said anything about being a alum of ECA, just the fact that they can claim they developed him, which they did.

Kevin Johnson is a very good player but he's not going to get drafted higher than Cyrus! You know anything of what you're talking about? Cyrus is a better athlete, faster and will destroy the combine. Cyrus will be a first or second round pick when he gets drafted,'Johnson will not!

It's right gere, GA. My point is we're all wrong sometimes. I know I am. You were wrong right here, twice. No biggie, just remember you saying that about KJ and thought that was wrong. Especially with outright certainty, as expressed with the exclamation and questioning the sound mind of the author of the original, and now correct, prediction.

I just saw all the congratulations going around on the prediction of what was pretty much a consensus, and thought I'did give my sometimes nemisis, Oily, some credit. It's been tough on the Hawks die-hard as of late. Spreading good cheer could help him with his recovery.

To paraphrase one of the great characters of our time, Winston Wolfe, "Before we start sucking each other off, gentlemen ..."

Edited by themamba

It's right gere, GA. My point is we're all wrong sometimes. I know I am. You were wrong right here, twice. No biggie, just remember you saying that about KJ and thought that was wrong. Especially with outright certainty, as expressed with the exclamation and questioning the sound mind of the author of the original, and now correct, prediction.

I just saw all the congratulations going around on the prediction of what was pretty much a consensus, and thought I'did give my sometimes nemisis, Oily, some credit. It's been tough on the Hawks die-hard as of late. Spreading good cheer could help him with his recovery.

To paraphrase one of the great characters of our time, Winston Wolfe, "Before we start sucking each other off, gentlemen ..."

Ok, thought you were talking about something before this draft, not two years ago. Johnson was drafted higher than Darby, Darbybhad a much better season and is a better player. Johnson had better measurables than CJ as a DB. He also benefitted in being in a much weaker DB draft. Believe this draft tied the record for most CB being drafted in the first round. So it's all pretty relative. Now let's see who will be the better pro, my money is on CJ. Barring injury of course.

Ok, thought you were talking about something before this draft, not two years ago. Johnson was drafted higher than Darby, Darbybhad a much better season and is a better player. Johnson had better measurables than CJ as a DB. He also benefitted in being in a much weaker DB draft. Believe this draft tied the record for most CB being drafted in the first round. So it's all pretty relative. Now let's see who will be the better pro, my money is on CJ. Barring injury of course.

Yea, that is what I was talking about. As far as relativity, there were 5 corners drafted in the 1st round this year, 4 last year. 4 too in '14. As far as DB's go, 14 were drafted among the top 65 picks this year, 14 also among the top 65 in '15.

It's funny, if you Google Cyrus Jones 1st round greyhound alum, you have 3 or 4 posts to choose from. I'm just thankful Google makes it easier to affirm my memory, whatever the cause.

Yea, that is what I was talking about. As far as relativity, there were 5 corners drafted in the 1st round this year, 4 last year. 4 too in '14. As far as DB's go, 14 were drafted among the top 65 picks this year, 14 also among the top 65 in '15.

Last year's DB class was weak. Trae Waynes, Kevin Johnson, Marcus Peters and Byron Jones! Seriously? Let's look at the First Round this year. Jalen Ramsey, Eli Apple, Vernon Hargreaves, William Jackson and Artie Burns. No comparison.

It's funny, if you Google Cyrus Jones 1st round greyhound alum, you have 3 or 4 posts to choose from. I'm just thankful Google makes it easier to affirm my memory, whatever the cause.

What's funny is the fact that you would even Google that.

I wish I could grant you a double or nothing, or rather a double-double or nothing, but that's up to Oily, who won Round 1 right there. Before you do, I suggest you two set parameters, legitimate ones and not some amateurs view test. Just a suggestion, it may make it easier. Maybe we can check back in 2020 or something. Have Oily put his winnings in escrow.

What's funny is the fact that you would even Google that.

Thankfully, it made it as easy as your reply. You're not alone, many despise the easiness of the internet, and how it applies to one's predictions that finally come to fruition. Who needs accountability, right?

Edited by themamba

Last year's DB class was weak. Trae Waynes, Kevin Johnson, Marcus Peters and Byron Jones! Seriously? Let's look at the First Round this year. Jalen Ramsey, Eli Apple, Vernon Hargreaves, William Jackson and Artie Burns. No comparison.

GA,

Please note that last year's DB class produced the #1 and #2 vote getter in the NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year in Marcus Peters along with Potomac High School very own Ronald Darby.  The jury is still out because this year DBs haven't stepped on the field.  We shall see in this coming Fall

I wish I could grant you a double or nothing, or rather a double-double or nothing, but that's up to Oily, who won Round 1 right there. Before you do, I suggest you two set parameters, legitimate ones and not some amateurs view test. Just a suggestion, it may make it easier. Maybe we can check back in 2020 or something. Have Oily put his winnings in escrow.

Thanks for the plug, I'm sure it hurt a little. I've been on hiatus and thought I would check back in. Your memory is like my memory, a trap of steel. I will admit that it would have been like taking candy from of baby but I don't expect the self proclaimed richest poster on the board to pony up. He's had tough off season. Really tough. So tough, in fact, that even though I live paycheck to paycheck I would rather he donate my winnings to his alma mater in hopes that they can attract at least 1 recruit so they don't have to field a football team from the 200 rich kids whose parents can actually afford the tuition. Does the MIAA have a D league?