Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GREYHOUND ALUM

Great Article About Gilman's Cyrus Jones!

123 posts in this topic

Thanks for the plug, I'm sure it hurt a little. I've been on hiatus and thought I would check back in. Your memory is like my memory, a trap of steel. I will admit that it would have been like taking candy from of baby but I don't expect the self proclaimed richest poster on the board to pony up. He's had tough off season. Really tough. So tough, in fact, that even though I live paycheck to paycheck I would rather he donate my winnings to his alma mater in hopes that they can attract at least 1 recruit so they don't have to field a football team from the 200 rich kids whose parents can actually afford the tuition. Does the MIAA have a D league?

You have been on a hiatus. Because you obviously missed the part where I said that Gilman brought in 3 big time recruits from Hamilton and heard even more from other programs. The demise of Gilman's program was greatly exaggerated!

As I said, I put my money on CJ over your boy KJ any day of the week! Barring injury, he will be a better player that plays for a MUCH BETTER team. Cyrus going to the Pats and that coach, man it's a scary thought. Kid went from Gilman to Bama to Pats. Just a winner in life. I don't even think I heard Kevin Johnson's name one time last year. Maybe he will prove me wrong again.

GA I was told the other night by a teacher who said she has been in the building for over 13 years that Gilman lost over 50 kids from the program from the fallout. Any truth to that?

GA I was told the other night by a teacher who said she has been in the building for over 13 years that Gilman lost over 50 kids from the program from the fallout. Any truth to that?

Zero truth to that. If Gilman lost 50 kids in a year, the Headmaster would be fired immediately! That's absurd. Now I'm not saying they won't lose plenty of students(meaning not just football players) from the fallout. But no way could it be 50. I still don't know if this Headmaster survives to be honest.

By the way, heard that Loyola got some really good players from Hamilton as well.

Maybe she was including the huge # of guys who graduate this year also. That was a really big class

Maybe she was including the huge # of guys who graduate this year also. That was a really big class

Hold up, are you saying she said that they're losing 50 football players? There was only 22 seniors on the team. They didn't lose 28 other players. Counting JV, they probably lost 10-11 players total.

Edited by GREYHOUND ALUM

Mamba,

Again Facts and Reason have no place on this board. Just remember that famous quote, I thought I made a mistake once, but I was wrong. On an important note, did Ted Cruz really call it a Basketball ring and refer to Indiana hoop legend "Gary Bird"?

Yeah thats what she said

They probably only had a little over 70 players in the whole program. They have about 30 alone returning on Varsity. She definitely more than exaggerated to you the number. Even if there were 28 underclassmen leaving just from the football program, I think the Headmaster would lose his job. That would be an epic turnover of students.

The funniest thing about this whole thing, I heard that Gilman accepted more "football" players this year than most years. Think it was a way for the school to try and be petty to Biff.

50 kids leaving sounds ridiculous. Was the teacher drinking at the time she told you this? That's 10 kids per class from 7th to 11th grade (not counting the senior class).

I think she was including the sr class that is graduating

Still seems high, but I guess it's possible in that case.

From my understanding, counting the senior class, the number is around 32. The highest it would be is probably 35. Still a long ways from 50.

Let's all say a prayer for Cyrus Jones because he's play has been piss poor in NE as a rookie and we all know that Belichek has a short temperment for mistakes so as board members and fellow football fans let us pray ????

Let's all say a prayer for Cyrus Jones because he's play has been piss poor in NE as a rookie and we all know that Belichek has a short temperment for mistakes so as board members and fellow football fans let us pray

His play as a punt returner has been absolutely mind boogling bad. He's starting at DB and although he was burnt for a 45 yard pass by Perriman, was the only catch against him all night and saved a Ravens TD. Not sure what his deal is returning punts. Lot of our best aren't having great years this year. My main man Tavon is having a horrible year after getting that huge contract. Hopefully things change since they got rid of that bum Fisher.

Edited by GREYHOUND ALUM

His play as a punt returner has been absolutely mind boogling bad. He's starting at DB and although he was burnt for a 45 yard pass by Perriman, was the only catch against him all night and saved a Ravens TD. Not sure what his deal is returning punts. Lot of our best aren't having great years this year. My main man Tavon is having a horrible year after getting that huge contract. Hopefully things change since they got rid of that bum Fisher.

Your main man Tavon, your man Tavon.  As they say, Give Me A Freakin' Break!!!

Tavon is playing just fine so quit the tossing a rotten tomato at Tavon to put another local player in the dawg house with yours.  The Rams suck and not because you think Tavon is having a horrible year.  Cyrus is playing with one of the best teams in the NFL with a very low tolerance for actions less than perfection.

Let's all say a prayer for Cyrus Jones because he's play has been piss poor in NE as a rookie and we all know that Belichek has a short temperment for mistakes so as board members and fellow football fans let us pray

you up at 7am just to get in a early shot at a local kid trying to make it in that league....get a life...

Dunkone you foolsball that's a NFL player we're talking about and if you took what I said as a shot than you're a sensitive person nobody is off limits when we're critiquing ones play on the gridiron

Smallwood started a few games for the eagles, he got hurt this past weekend with a leg injury though,

Your main man Tavon, your man Tavon. As they say, Give Me A Freakin' Break!!!

Tavon is playing just fine so quit the tossing a rotten tomato at Tavon to put another local player in the dawg house with yours. The Rams suck and not because you think Tavon is having a horrible year. Cyrus is playing with one of the best teams in the NFL with a very low tolerance for actions less than perfection.

Come on DW both are playing below standards. Man Perryman stats almost equal to Tavons. If Tavon were a Gilman guy would he still be playing fine