Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GREYHOUND ALUM

Great Article About Gilman's Cyrus Jones!

123 posts in this topic

Come on DW both are playing below standards. Man Perryman stats almost equal to Tavons. If Tavon were a Gilman guy would he still be playing fine

NE is a 10 and 2 team.  LA is a 4 and 9 team. The so-called playing standard of these teams will be different -- different standard - as they are going in opposite directions.  Individually within a team sport, Tavon is doing just fine and perhaps, just perhaps why they launched the coach rather than talking about cutting Tavon as opposed to fan dissatisfaction and talks of releasing Cyrus but not the NE coach.

Player stats in losing teams tend to be below standard.  And on the same line, player stats on winning teams tend to be at or above standard.  It's unusual for players on a bad team to have great stats as it's not likely players on a great winning team to have below standard stats.  So in our instant case, Tavon's stats would tend to be normal while Jones' situation would not be normal.

Regarding if Tavon were a Gilman guy.....He isn't, a moot point you raise.  And who is "Perryman" you equate Tavon to....

Edited by DayWalker

GA Tavon looks like I agree

Yes he does and anybody saying otherwise is an idiot. Could be coaching but now we will see. But it is hard to argue coaching when you have another receiver on the team, Kenny Britt, who is on the verge of having a 1000 yard receiving season and Tavon doesn't even have 500. This is his 4th year and no real excuse, outside of it maybe being the coach. But those are excuses.

Dunkone you foolsball that's a NFL player we're talking about and if you took what I said as a shot than you're a sensitive person nobody is off limits when we're critiquing ones play on the gridiron

not about being off limits...jumping on a high school board at 7am for that?...guess you had to be the first to comment....but hey, wishing him the best though as i'm sure we all are...even the anti - gilman crew..

not about being off limits...jumping on a high school board at 7am for that?...guess you had to be the first to comment....but hey, wishing him the best though as i'm sure we all are...even the anti - gilman crew..

Any updates on the DeMatha NFL guys?

How is McLeod playing in the second half of the season for Philly? I know his first half had pro bowl talk going around.

I've seen a few highlights from Cam Wake. Is he in for another pro bowl?

Arie played well at guard this weekend for the Redskins. How's Cyrus doing in Buffalo?

Is Josh Wilson still mixing it up on Sundays?

Edited by Silverbullet

Let's all say a prayer for Cyrus Jones because he's play has been piss poor in NE as a rookie and we all know that Belichek has a short temperment for mistakes so as board members and fellow football fans let us pray

Hope Cyrus gets another shot he/s got the talent. It's like it's in his head. Not sure Bellicheck puts him back to return punts again, this year. Would you! Usually mistakes in New England get you a one way ticket out of town but they have to see the talent he has. Only logical explanation is the curse of the GA.

Diggs having a good year. CJ will bounce back.

Hope Cyrus gets another shot he/s got the talent. It's like it's in his head. Not sure Bellicheck puts him back to return punts again, this year. Would you! Usually mistakes in New England get you a one way ticket out of town but they have to see the talent he has. Only logical explanation is the curse of the GA.

Diggs having a good year. CJ will bounce back.

CJ is a rookie starting at DB for arguably the best team in the NFL. He wasn't benched on defense, so what "shot" does he need? He has just been really bad on punt returns, but the kid is starting. I think he's just fine. Edited by GREYHOUND ALUM

CJ is a rookie starting at DB for arguably the best team in the NFL. He wasn't benched on defense, so what "shot" does he need? He has just been really bad on punt returns, but the kid is starting. I think he's just fine.

Okay if you say so greydawg but I don't know about CJ being a rookie pure starter.  He played a lot for a rookie for NE but I really think the CB starters for NE are Malcolm Butler and Logan Ryan.  Hell, even Danny Amendola would be the preferred NE punt return guy with Cyrus more the prime kickoff return person.  But I understand what you saying although one could say Cyrus was benched on defense when he got to play again after throwing a punch in a game against Cleveland that resulted in him not playing for three games.  And lets not forget it's NE we are talking about where no one but Bill and Tom B are "just fine."

Belicheck knows what he has in Cyrus. He struggled early at Bama and we saw how he perservered under Saban. They should take him off returns and let him settle in at corner. I'll go with the positive comments of his teammates after the game, McCourty and Edelman, he's in good hands around those pros.

GA,

I think Cyrus will be fine too but He's not starting at CB. Has he started a game this year where everyone was healthy? Not sure what's going on with the Punt returns but New England is the kind of team that has veteran leadership to help guys out. The concern is Bellichek does have a history of letting players go or trading them if he feels like it. Jamie Collins all pro traded this year. Randy Moss, Ty Law, Wes Welker, Mike Vrabel. Richard Seymour. The list is long. Hopefully they'll see his long term potential but you never know in New England.

GA,

I think Cyrus will be fine too but He's not starting at CB. Has he started a game this year where everyone was healthy? Not sure what's going on with the Punt returns but New England is the kind of team that has veteran leadership to help guys out. The concern is Bellichek does have a history of letting players go or trading them if he feels like it. Jamie Collins all pro traded this year. Randy Moss, Ty Law, Wes Welker, Mike Vrabel. Richard Seymour. The list is long. Hopefully they'll see his long term potential but you never know in New England.

He started against the Ravens and is the normal nickel back starter. Played almost every defensive down against the Ravens. Gave up one reception, he will be fine on defense. Don't understand the punt return issues. But like Sho said, he had issues his first year at Bama. He will figure it out.

GA,

Is Cyrus hurt? I don't see him against the Steelers.

GA,

Is Cyrus hurt? I don't see him against the Steelers.

Oh i saw him played a hell of a game on special teams

Oh i saw him played a hell of a game on special teams

I didn't see the game myself, but a co-worker (Pats fan) stated he played on the special teams during the Steelers game.  He also stated he played well.

I didn't see the game myself, but a co-worker (Pats fan) stated he played on the special teams during the Steelers game. He also stated he played well.

He really did announcers called his name a couple of times to give him props

Nice work kid

Gooch,

I think that was the War Eagle Auburn kid Jonathan Jones, # 31. I don't remember Cyrus on special teams. Thought he was probably hurt.

Gooch,

I think that was the War Eagle Auburn kid Jonathan Jones, # 31. I don't remember Cyrus on special teams. Thought he was probably hurt.

58 you are right

We all were wrong could have sworn they said cyrus

Yes, Jones hasn't played in the last 3 games, and missed 4 of the last 5. In 10 games, he had 180 yards on 8 kickoff retutns (22.5), and 46 yards on 11 punt returns (4.2. He also added 3 solo tackles and 4 assists. You guys must have been confused with the other Jones.

.......You guys must have been confused with the other Jones.

I'm A Confused One as to why this professional player is getting so much ink and play here in this HIGH SCHOOL forum beyond a casual in context mention on a high school sports subject.  But then again, maybe I should not be confused with The Worshiped Darlling 'cept that it seems now to be more than GA doing the idle worshiping and pimpin'.  So Confusing....  :rolleyes:

I thought it was noted somewhere that he had been deactivated in recent games because of a few dropped/fumbled punt returns

It's a non-high school matter but C Jones was inactive against Houston and Pittsburgh.  So I don't know what to think of all who say they saw Jones have a heck of game on special teams.  That is, unless NE is doing some more dirty deeds with their inactive players on the sideline.  Just saying...  B)

Your right thought it was Cyrus because Collinsworth said his name