• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 ODENTON

ODENTON

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,399 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 02:57 PM

$3.01gal at the Wawa @ Rt 301 and Rt 175.

If the pain at the pump seems to be easing lately—it is.

AAA said the price of gas is falling across the country by an average drop of 40-cents a gallon since July 4. Experts said it could go even lower by the time the holiday season comes around.

"The economy is certainly going to get a nice boost from lower gas prices," AAA spokesperson Michael Green said.

"Crude oil has dropped significantly from its early summer highs and this is partly, because we are producing more oil in the United States than we have in over 30 years," said Denver-based financial analyst Bruce Allen.

The current price of a barrel of oil is around $87. Experts said more oil production here in the U.S. is leading to greater supply, which translates into lower gas prices.

http://www.9news.com...lling/17008559/

Edited by ODENTON, 11 October 2014 - 03:02 PM.

#2 demopublican

demopublican

Putin's Cuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,616 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 October 2014 - 09:43 AM

Imagine where it could be if we got the Keystone Pipeline done!

"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." — Steve Earle.

Disclaimer: I hate the Democrats and the Republicans but I am a registered Democrat. That way I can vote against O'Malley more often.

#3 Shad

Shad

Specksioneer

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 11:13 AM

The Keystone pipeline wouldn't affect it at all. That's for export only.

#4 demopublican

demopublican

Putin's Cuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,616 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 12 October 2014 - 06:09 PM

Oh. So you think our prices here are not influenced by the world market?

"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." — Steve Earle.

Disclaimer: I hate the Democrats and the Republicans but I am a registered Democrat. That way I can vote against O'Malley more often.

#5 Shad

Shad

Specksioneer

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 10:54 AM

The Keystone pipeline won't make things cheaper. The oil is being shipped right now across the Great Lakes like it always has been. The quantity isn't going to change. The only benefit to the the US would be a couple of thousand temporary construction jobs.

#6 ODENTON

ODENTON

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,399 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 08:36 PM

$2.95 a gal

#7 Shad

Shad

Specksioneer

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 11:02 AM

$2.84 when I filled up the rental car this morning in Missouri.

#8 boink

boink

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,593 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 07:11 AM

The same people who are gushing over cheap gas are probably the same ones who say we need to do something about alleged anthropogenic climate change.

http://www.baltimore...1223-story.html

Lower-cost fossil fuels will mess with the economic viability of alternative energy businesses. Ultimately, cheap gas means more CO2 in the atmosphere, more melting glaciers, more sea levels rising and more climate extremes making life on Earth much less pleasant.

Other than that, cheap gas is great news. Happy driving!

#9 Scaggsville

Scaggsville

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,768 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 07:53 AM

$1.89/gal  @ Freestate Rt 1 Laurel

#10 tsmonk

tsmonk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,827 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 10:54 AM

I paid $ 1.979/gallon at the Glen Burnie Costco this morning.

#11 ODENTON

ODENTON

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,399 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 09:20 PM

$1.97/gal  @ Wawa in Gambrills.................never thought I'd see these prices again

#12 tsmonk

tsmonk

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,827 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:25 AM

It was $1.91/gal at Costco in Glen Burnie this morning.

#13 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

Posting Champ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74,888 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 05:01 PM

Welcome back, $1.99!" said GasBuddy.com senior petroleum analyst Patrick DeHaan in a news release on Monday.

DeHaan said the nation will see the return to a national average gas price of $1.99 per gallon this week, but "motorists shouldn't expect it to last very long."

DeHaan said refineries have been processing less crude oil and thus producing less gasoline, which will contribute to a "soft bottoming out" of the national average price for gas before a small recovery back in the "very low $2's."

"And while this year will still feature far lower prices than last year, we'll be subject to a seasonal lift in gasoline prices as refineries slow production to do maintenance and to make the progressive switch over to cleaner burning summer gasoline," DeHaan said.

Last year, prices began to rise during the second week of February and lasted until the beginning of May, with an average national increase of 35 cents per gallon. DeHaan said he expects a similar increase this year.

http://www.burlingto...ow-go/22373809/

Still much better than last year

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#14 Struds

Struds

Moderate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,553 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 28 January 2015 - 09:11 AM

Welcome back, $1.99!" said GasBuddy.com senior petroleum analyst Patrick DeHaan in a news release on Monday.

DeHaan said the nation will see the return to a national average gas price of $1.99 per gallon this week, but "motorists shouldn't expect it to last very long."

DeHaan said refineries have been processing less crude oil and thus producing less gasoline, which will contribute to a "soft bottoming out" of the national average price for gas before a small recovery back in the "very low $2's."

"And while this year will still feature far lower prices than last year, we'll be subject to a seasonal lift in gasoline prices as refineries slow production to do maintenance and to make the progressive switch over to cleaner burning summer gasoline," DeHaan said.

Last year, prices began to rise during the second week of February and lasted until the beginning of May, with an average national increase of 35 cents per gallon. DeHaan said he expects a similar increase this year.

http://www.burlingto...ow-go/22373809/

Still much better than last year

Absolutely. I could live with $2.35 a gallon. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users