Steveg85321

Tar Heels are a Fraud

9 posts in this topic

"An alarming lack of institutional oversight at the University of North Carolina allowed an academic fraud scandal to run unchecked for nearly two decades and has the school reeling from the scandal's fallout."

Link to current story on ESPN

Does anyone other than I think this is a shocking and disgusting story? Maybe it is because I am naive about how widespread this sort of thing is?

Will UNC have to vacate wins, including 2009 and 2005 Men's NCAA Basketball Championships?

How is this not bigger news? They should yank all of their titles.

"An alarming lack of institutional oversight at the University of North Carolina allowed an academic fraud scandal to run unchecked for nearly two decades and has the school reeling from the scandal's fallout."

Link to current story on ESPN

Does anyone other than I think this is a shocking and disgusting story? Maybe it is because I am naive about how widespread this sort of thing is?

Will UNC have to vacate wins, including 2009 and 2005 Men's NCAA Basketball Championships?

Pretty disgusting. For 17 years, no less.

How is this not bigger news? They should yank all of their titles.

Because most people with a brain figured this was going on.

Edited by Brohan

Because most people with a brain figured this was going on.

So why did you fail to break the story?

Were you suppressing evidence?

UNC has fired many employees as a result of this scandal.  UNC even commissioned 2 internal investigations but they did not allow the people with real knowledge about the cheating to speak with the investigators as UNC was attempting to control the story.

What you need to know about North Carolina is it is one of the worst old boy networks with UNC grads in top positions at media companies, the court systems, political positions, the University System Board of Directors, etc.  Both parties, Republicans and Democrats are part of the old boy network to protect their "beloved" UNC Tarheels.

There have been many local NC court cases involving the UNC scandal where the lawyers, DA and judge were all UNC graduates.  To make matters worse, the Judge is the son of the former UNC athletic director and the DA was the former law partner of the judge. Corruption at it's finest to protect the UNC Brand of being a public ivy.

UNC has fired many employees as a result of this scandal.  UNC even commissioned 2 internal investigations but they did not allow the people with real knowledge about the cheating to speak with the investigators as UNC was attempting to control the story.

What you need to know about North Carolina is it is one of the worst old boy networks with UNC grads in top positions at media companies, the court systems, political positions, the University System Board of Directors, etc.  Both parties, Republicans and Democrats are part of the old boy network to protect their "beloved" UNC Tarheels.

There have been many local NC court cases involving the UNC scandal where the lawyers, DA and judge were all UNC graduates.  To make matters worse, the Judge is the son of the former UNC athletic director and the DA was the former law partner of the judge. Corruption at it's finest to protect the UNC Brand of being a public ivy.

Do you have a link or proof of this information?

About 20 years ago, I was a member of the UNC system faculty, and I can attest, first hand, how corrupt and Good 'old boy members of the administration were. It was so bad while I was there, myself and five other faculty resigned our appointment, and left for other jobs.