Jeeebus

Police hunt for killer in burning death of 19-year-old Mississippi woman; suspect indicted

159 posts in this topic

Investigators are hoping Jessica Chambers' final words will lead them to the killer or killers who burned the 19-year-old teenager alive in a gruesome murder Saturday that has stunned the small Mississippi community of Courtland.

"When the fire department got there, she was walking down the road on fire," he said. "Only part of her body that wasn't burned was the bottom of her feet."

He continued as he held back tears, "They squirted lighter fluid down her throat and in her nose, and apparently they knocked her out. She had a big gash on top of her head."

In her last breaths, she may have sent investigators down her killer's trail.  "She told them, she told them, told him who done it," Chambers said.

The inhumanity of such heinous savagery demands the death penalty.

The perpetrator of such callous cruelty does not deserve to breath our air.

Mississippi has the death penalty - lethal injection.

Whether or not the perp(s) is/are sentenced to death will depend on their race.

And before you Libby, bleeding heart, PC  enablers start screaming "racist" you might want to consider that since 2002 14 out of the 17 people executed by Mississippi were White. Those are the facts. Oh, wait....facts don't matter when a Libby wants to cry "RACIST!!!".

Edited by VOSA

And before you Libby, bleeding heart, PC  enablers start screaming "racist" you might want to consider that since 2002 14 out of the 17 people executed by Mississippi were White. Those are the facts. Oh, wait....facts don't matter when a Libby wants to cry "RACIST!!!".

Any reason you just injected race into the discussion out of the blue?

I can't imagine the depth of depravity in a mind that would do this kind of thing.

What the fBuck!! This is horrific. SMMFH

Edited by dialtone

This is sickening.  I hope they catch the animals who did that to the poor girl.

Are you channeling Drunk Uncle?

Courtland is such a tiny podunkie town they should be able to find out pretty quickly who did it. I went to school in the next town over, Oxford.

Hopefully they will use 5 gallons of gas and a match on these criminals.

And before you Libby, bleeding heart, PC enablers start screaming "racist" you might want to consider that since 2002 14 out of the 17 people executed by Mississippi were White. Those are the facts. Oh, wait....facts don't matter when a Libby wants to cry "RACIST!!!".

Angry much?

Courtland is such a tiny podunkie town they should be able to find out pretty quickly who did it. I went to school in the next town over, Oxford.

From what I gather they know who did it and may have a suspect in custody.

Rumors are saying that she had recently broken up with her boyfriend and he didn't take it too well.

#JusticeForJessica

Gas station surveillance video captures Jessica Chambers' last hours

Jessica, 19, can be seen waving before walking over to talk to the person. Shortly afterward, from another angle, surveillance video captures a man in a striped shirt fill up what appears to be a gas can before walking off in the same direction Jessica went. Jessica eventually returned to her car, finished pumping gas, and drove away.

Investigators obtained the video, which was recorded about 90 minutes before she was burned alive, to use in connection with the investigation. The burning happened less than one mile from the gas station at which the video was recorded.

Right now, no arrests have been made in the case. People are being questioned, but investigators are not calling anyone a person of interest or a suspect in the case. The man who can be seen in the video filling a gas can has been cleared by authorities.

Facebook has more details at https://www.facebook.com/JUSTICEforJESSICALANE

Did you go to Ole Miss?

Did you go to Ole Miss?

Yep. We have had someone attending there from each generation since it was founded.

Yep. We have had someone attending there from each generation since it was founded.

Well Hotty Toddy.

I do love Oxford and The Grove. 

Edited by Wild Eyed Southern Boy

I love Oxford. I still have a lot of family down there. My mother grew up just outside of Tupelo. My family moved there from South Carolina in 1810 when it was called "Indian Territory".

LOL. The pretend alma mater of the week.

Did you just wake up? Sleeping it off again? :lol::lol::lol:

So where did you graduate this hour, little man?