Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steveg85321

December 17 at last - The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies

6 posts in this topic

YouTube Trailer

I can't be there tonight, but I will be before the weekend. I only regret that this is the last. Love LOTR, even though the Hobbit has been dragged out into three movies. It was done to include a lot of LOTR pre-story that was not in the Hobbit book. To me it is all good.

Not seeing particularly good reviews. Just thought I'd mention it. Never seen any of them, they're a couple generations behind me so I was never interested. Don't see the big deal with Hunger Games now either. Saw the 1st one, it was OK, that's all I thought of it.

I saw the movie Saturday, and I loved it. I can see where someone would have trouble following the rather convoluted plot between the action sequences, but I could be called a Lord of the Rings freak, so I know the context. It is intense. In the first half hour are at least two scenes that are really hair-raising. The end of the battle to me was not too logical, but I guess it had to end somehow. Martin Freeman as Bilbo is brilliant, but really the whole cast I thought was great. Peter Jackson is a mad genius.

The CGI action sequences were so long I got bored and fell asleep. Was it me or did every fight and flight scene in all three flicks seem to last 30 minutes or more?

I suppose it is like baseball. If you really love the game and all that is in it, a three hour game is not such an ordeal. I could watch Lord of the Rings movies until my eyes fall out. I have read all the Tolkein books multiple times and consider them the greatest masterpiece of our culture. I mean that. I always dreamed of what the movies would be like, and Peter Jackson has not let me down a bit.

I wish they had draggd out the lords of the rings trilogy more!!!!!

I enjoyed the movie greatly. We saw it in 3D with the huge sound system. It was a sensory overload!!