Bowie-Bruce

Michigan Reportedly Offers Harbaugh 6 Years, 49 Million

11 posts in this topic

Damn, that would make him the highest paid coach anywhere, NCAA or NFL. Sounds like a perfect fit for a number of reasons (not to mention 49 million of them), if he wants to "lower" himself from the NFL. He may be a horse's arse, but the guy wins wherever he goes. And Lord, does Michigan need wins.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12043761/san-francisco-49ers-coach-jim-harbaugh-said-considering-michigan-job

Harbaugh's essentially a lame duck in San Francisco, and word is he's been looking for a way to exit gracefully from San Francisco. He now has 48 million reasons to do so. With the Niners out of playoff contention, I'd expect an announcement within the next week or so. I think his temperament is more suited for the college game to begin with; his rah-rah approach was reportedly beginning to wear thin with the 49er players.

Good, they deserve each other.  I hope he takes it.  Has Capt Comeback stayed anywhere for 6 years?

His bizarre, unhinged personality grates on people...maybe those arrogant hicks at Meechigan come stomach it tho..he is one of them.

I think Jim Harbaugh's personality is perfectly suited for the college game. While the million dollar pros will ultimately tune him out and turn on him, those young kids are much more impressionable/malleable. Besides, if/when the collegians tire of his act, they are only there for 4 years anyway before a new batch of fledglings comes along.

The biggest bone of contention between Harbaugh and the Niners is control: Harbaugh wants final say over the 53-man roster and GM Trent Baalke isn't going to give it to him. I'm sure Michigan would be more than happy to give him final say over the roster, as would a number of NFL teams. The report is that Harbaugh would prefer to stay in the NFL, and there will certainly be a number of teams looking to work a deal with San Francisco (Harbaugh still has a year left on his contract) to get him.

I don't think there's any question that Harbaugh will be a head coach somewhere next season--like him or not, the guy is good at what he does. But it certainly won't be in San Francisco; the relationship there between coach and front office has become too dysfunctional for it to ever work.

Wish I could copy/paste to this darn forum.

Of all things, the Detroit Free Press used John's picture with the 'All Signs Point to Harbaugh at UM' front page story today.

Not as if they're unfamiliar with the Harbaugh families in the state.  oy