• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Bowie-Bruce

Bowie-Bruce

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,800 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:16 PM

Damn, that would make him the highest paid coach anywhere, NCAA or NFL. Sounds like a perfect fit for a number of reasons (not to mention 49 million of them), if he wants to "lower" himself from the NFL. He may be a horse's arse, but the guy wins wherever he goes. And Lord, does Michigan need wins.

http://espn.go.com/n...ng-michigan-job

Heaven is under our feet as well as over our heads.
--Thoreau

#2 johnpolitics

johnpolitics

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:43 PM

Michigan needs to overpay to fix their program. 

#3 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

Posting Champ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74,652 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:05 PM

This is why I'm not a coach. My signature would already be on the contract  :D

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#4 mdrunning

mdrunning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,559 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:53 AM

Harbaugh's essentially a lame duck in San Francisco, and word is he's been looking for a way to exit gracefully from San Francisco. He now has 48 million reasons to do so. With the Niners out of playoff contention, I'd expect an announcement within the next week or so. I think his temperament is more suited for the college game to begin with; his rah-rah approach was reportedly beginning to wear thin with the 49er players.

#5 Brohan

Brohan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,495 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 09:29 AM

Good, they deserve each other.  I hope he takes it.  Has Capt Comeback stayed anywhere for 6 years?

His bizarre, unhinged personality grates on people...maybe those arrogant hicks at Meechigan come stomach it tho..he is one of them.

#6 Bowie-Bruce

Bowie-Bruce

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,800 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:23 PM

I think Jim Harbaugh's personality is perfectly suited for the college game. While the million dollar pros will ultimately tune him out and turn on him, those young kids are much more impressionable/malleable. Besides, if/when the collegians tire of his act, they are only there for 4 years anyway before a new batch of fledglings comes along.

Heaven is under our feet as well as over our heads.
--Thoreau

#7 mdrunning

mdrunning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,559 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 04:18 PM

The biggest bone of contention between Harbaugh and the Niners is control: Harbaugh wants final say over the 53-man roster and GM Trent Baalke isn't going to give it to him. I'm sure Michigan would be more than happy to give him final say over the roster, as would a number of NFL teams. The report is that Harbaugh would prefer to stay in the NFL, and there will certainly be a number of teams looking to work a deal with San Francisco (Harbaugh still has a year left on his contract) to get him.

I don't think there's any question that Harbaugh will be a head coach somewhere next season--like him or not, the guy is good at what he does. But it certainly won't be in San Francisco; the relationship there between coach and front office has become too dysfunctional for it to ever work.

#8 demopublican

demopublican

Putin's Cuck

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35,390 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 20 December 2014 - 05:25 PM

If this happens you can be certain that Michigan will be back on top quick.

"Townes Van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." — Steve Earle.

Disclaimer: I hate the Democrats and the Republicans but I am a registered Democrat. That way I can vote against O'Malley more often.

#9 ChippewaJoe

ChippewaJoe

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • LocationTowson

Posted 29 December 2014 - 11:11 AM

Wish I could copy/paste to this darn forum.

Of all things, the Detroit Free Press used John's picture with the 'All Signs Point to Harbaugh at UM' front page story today.

Not as if they're unfamiliar with the Harbaugh families in the state.  oy

#10 Maryland Mountaineer

Maryland Mountaineer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 02:31 PM

He may be holding out to see if the Oakland Raiders go head coach hunting. His family is settled and really likes the Bay area, it would be one helluva culture shock to end up back in Ann Arbor

#11 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

Posting Champ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74,652 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 10:04 PM

He's there

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

0 user(s) are reading this topic