• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 boink

boink

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,594 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 07:41 AM

I need to check Verandah out the next time I'm bicycling through Hampden.

Sounds yummy.

http://www.baltimore...1230-story.html

Over the past several years, Hampden has cemented its position as one of the food-friendliest neighborhoods in Baltimore. It's no surprise, then, to discover that behind one of the bright facades on a particularly charming stretch of 36th Street, a small crew is cooking some fantastic Indian street food.

The restaurant is called The Verandah and it is, sadly, open only for lunch. But between the food's bright flavors and the staff's welcoming attitude, oh what a lunch it is.

#2 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

Posting Champ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74,888 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 07:53 AM

I'm big on Indian food. I'll have to check that place out

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#3 Shad

Shad

Specksioneer

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 05:44 PM

Try ordering Chicken Vindaloo sometime but order it with a "T" instead of a "V"......Tindaloo. You'll have the same experience Homer Simpson had when he ate the the Merciless Pepper of Quetzalacatenango.

#4 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

Posting Champ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74,888 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 09:58 AM

Try ordering Chicken Vindaloo sometime but order it with a "T" instead of a "V"......Tindaloo. You'll have the same experience Homer Simpson had when he ate the the Merciless Pepper of Quetzalacatenango.

lol, the V is spicy enough. You mean there's more? :o

#5 Shad

Shad

Specksioneer

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,087 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 04:38 AM

You know its bad when everyone in the kitchen is peeping out the door watching you eat it and the server has 911 on the speed dial.

#6 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

Posting Champ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74,888 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:47 AM

You know its bad when everyone in the kitchen is peeping out the door watching you eat it and the server has 911 on the speed dial.

That sounds like a challenge  :D

#7 regularguy

regularguy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,118 posts
  • LocationBaltimore

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:53 AM

Thanks for the tip. I love (most) Indian food.

#8 WKDWZD

WKDWZD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,054 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 01:22 PM

I eat a lot of Indian food here in the UK, I have been to India a couple of times and enjoyed it there (it is quite different). I make an Indian dinner at least once a week, my personal favourite is Mutton Rogan Josh. Tindaloo I believe is a British invention, the hottest curry is a Phal, it is too much even for me and I like it hot.

Edited by WKDWZD, 27 January 2015 - 01:23 PM.

Honi soit qui mal y pense.

#9 PatriciaClare

PatriciaClare

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 05:37 AM

There is a lots of Indian food that you will like to Hop on. Hyderabad chicken biryani is also awesome with great flavors. You can also give it try to Thai food(http://www.yellowpag...ese-inc-4618031)  that also use lots of spices and have variety of flavors in a single dish. Thai dishes is cooked using lots of spices like Indian dishes.

#10 boink

boink

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,594 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 07:57 AM

Sunday 5/29/16 Indian Festival on McKeldin Square.

http://iskconbaltimo...t-festival-2016

It is with great pleasure that we take this opportunity to invite you to attend Baltimore’s Annual Rathayatra Parade and Festival of India on Sunday, May 29th 2016. The Parade begins at 12:00pm at the corner of Key Highway and Light Street behind the Science Center at the Inner Harbor, continuing up Light Street and ending at McKeldin Square on the corner of Pratt and Light Streets for the opening ceremonies of the Festival of India starting at 2pm.

The last twelve years of festivals were a grand success, drawing not only thousands of local Maryland participants, but people from as far as New York, Pennsylvania, Virginia, North Carolina and even Florida. Local television stations and newspapers also covered the event. Over 2,500 plates of free vegetarian food were distributed to participants and passersby each year

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users