workerbee

PA Bald Eagles Nest Stream

241 posts in this topic

"The bald eagle's history in Pennsylvania is a precarious one. Only 30 years ago, we had a mere three nests left in our entire state. With the help of the Canadian government, several agencies including the Pennsylvania Game Commission brought bald eagle chicks back to their states to reintroduce bald eagles to the Northeast. Today, Pennsylvania boasts more than 250 nests. This 22-minute documentary is the story of that success."

Canada funded this Pennsylvania project? I wondered for a moment why that would have been the case but some quick digitation reveals 30 years ago was the Reagan era when James Watt was more occupied with park related profit schemes than caretaking them.  Thank you Canada for your class.

"The bald eagle's history in Pennsylvania is a precarious one. Only 30 years ago, we had a mere three nests left in our entire state. With the help of the Canadian government, several agencies including the Pennsylvania Game Commission brought bald eagle chicks back to their states to reintroduce bald eagles to the Northeast. Today, Pennsylvania boasts more than 250 nests. This 22-minute documentary is the story of that success."[/size]

Canada funded this Pennsylvania project? I wondered for a moment why that would have been the case but some quick digitation reveals 30 years ago was the Reagan era when James Watt was more occupied with park related profit schemes than caretaking them.  Thank you Canada for your class.

Thank you for the update from the early eighties.

"The bald eagle's history in Pennsylvania is a precarious one. Only 30 years ago, we had a mere three nests left in our entire state. With the help of the Canadian government, several agencies including the Pennsylvania Game Commission brought bald eagle chicks back to their states to reintroduce bald eagles to the Northeast. Today, Pennsylvania boasts more than 250 nests. This 22-minute documentary is the story of that success."

Canada funded this Pennsylvania project? I wondered for a moment why that would have been the case but some quick digitation reveals 30 years ago was the Reagan era when James Watt was more occupied with park related profit schemes than caretaking them. Thank you Canada for your class.

I will never forgive Reagan and James Watt for their terrible tenure, but I also thank Reagan for personally almost single-handedly starting the environmental movement. Right on.

We live very close to the Bush River and have a nesting pair of Eagles within walking distance.  Not unusual to see Eagles and Osprey feeding on fish on our property.  Dogs love rolling in the fish remains in the spring. 

Really beautiful birds.

If you scroll down on the page they post a time lapse vid of the previous day.

If you scroll down on the page they post a time lapse vid of the previous day.

Thanks! Time lapse was cool! Sure beats looking at an empty nest.!

One of my favorite web cams is when the salmon make their run in Brooks Falls in Alaska. Happens in June-July. Hundreds of bears fishing. Hours of entertainment for me and they have rangers online discussing things and answering questions. Explorer.org is the site for that webcam, plus they have many others.

Thanks! Time lapse was cool! Sure beats looking at an empty nest.!

One of my favorite web cams is when the salmon make their run in Brooks Falls in Alaska. Happens in June-July. Hundreds of bears fishing. Hours of entertainment for me and they have rangers online discussing things and answering questions. Explorer.org is the site for that webcam, plus they have many others.

I definitely check it out. Thanks

Beautiful creatures,and further testament to the wonder of nature.

"I know he'd be a poor man if he never saw an eagle fly..." John Denver, Rocky Moutain High

"The bald eagle's history in Pennsylvania is a precarious one. Only 30 years ago, we had a mere three nests left in our entire state. With the help of the Canadian government, several agencies including the Pennsylvania Game Commission brought bald eagle chicks back to their states to reintroduce bald eagles to the Northeast. Today, Pennsylvania boasts more than 250 nests. This 22-minute documentary is the story of that success."[/size]

Do you ever take a break? Can't you enjoy something without ruining it with political comments?

Thank you for the update from the early eighties.

History doesn't change except maybe in republican circles.

Nice, thanks for sharing ......

We vacationed in the pacific northwest last year and for part of the time we had a house on an island in pugent sound.....

There was a bald eagle nest literly right behind my house and several "fishing" trees nearby.....

I was in awe and every morning I would grab my coffee and sit outside and watch "my" birds while the rest of the family got up and about ....

Got to the point were I could figure out some of there habits and it was cool hearing them communicate......

It was the wrong season but we hiked near a place in BC where they do rafting trips and say there are hundreds of bald eagles feeding at the time......

That would be amazing ......

Nice, thanks for sharing ......

We vacationed in the pacific northwest last year and for part of the time we had a house on an island in pugent sound.....

There was a bald eagle nest literly right behind my house and several "fishing" trees nearby.....

I was in awe and every morning I would grab my coffee and sit outside and watch "my" birds while the rest of the family got up and about ....

Got to the point were I could figure out some of there habits and it was cool hearing them communicate......

It was the wrong season but we hiked near a place in BC where they do rafting trips and say there are hundreds of bald eagles feeding at the time......

That would be amazing ......

Nice!