workerbee

PA Bald Eagles Nest Stream

243 posts in this topic

PA page says they think the camera lens has "eagle waste" which is why it's cloudy.  Of course they will not attempt to clean it, that's Mother Nature's job. :)

Berry College eagles are going to take off any day now.  They truly are beautiful birds.

PA page says they think the camera lens has "eagle waste" which is why it's cloudy.  Of course they will not attempt to clean it, that's Mother Nature's job. :)

Berry College eagles are going to take off any day now.  They truly are beautiful birds.

Rams Head Live in PA.  

That's what I thought was wrong with the smeary camera lens too. Waste.

The Berry babies are perched on a tree limb near the nest. It won't be long now. Beautiful birds. What a treat to have been able to watch them be born and grow.

Berry college cameras lost their feed this morning.  It's also graduation weekend at the college, so getting them back up may not be a priority. :(

Hoot

At about 1:35 in this vid captured today, one of the eaglets attempts a take off and misses a landing. Looks to be ok.  40% of new birds do not survive their first flight.  

B4 fledged yesterday..

Yes, some of the folks at the nest area saw him flying around.  Last heard he/she was in the trees nearby but hasn't returned to the nest.  Other photos show he/she is still a little iffy on the landings, but I'm sure Mom and Dad are nearby keeping an eye out.

Thanks for the update, Hoot. Amazing little creatures!  I'm amazed by their progress.

Edited by Towsongirl

News from Berry College:

https://www.facebook.com/berrycollegeeagles?fref=nf

Thanks to Georgia Power, we now have two new cameras installed and streaming on the Berry College Eagles nest. A new approach camera will also resume streaming soon. Both nest cameras have sound. Many thanks to the awesome Georgia Power crew who make streaming possible--you can see in the picture how high the bucket had to go to reach the nest.

And, good news! One of the adult eagles has been seen fishing at our quarry and a young sub-adult (1-2 years old) was seen on campus today.
We are so grateful to all of you who have made donations toward the cameras and the streaming costs. We appreciate your gifts and your interest in the Berry College Eagles

I saw that.. and the new camera's are crystal clear.  I wonder if PA will operate their camera again.

Berry College has installed new cameras, and Mom & Dad Eagle have been hanging around the nest again.  It's getting to be that time. :)

Today might be a breakout day

dceaglecam.org

”Mr President and The First Lady” are doing nestorations now in prep for the 2018 eaglets. :)

In 2014, a pair of mated Bald Eagles chose the most idyllic of nest sites within the United States’ National Capital, Washington, DC, nestled high in a Tulip Poplar Tree amongst The Azalea Collection at the United States National Arboretum, which is operated by the United States Department of Agriculture. This was the first time Bald Eagles have nested in this location since 1947. This pair raised one eaglet successfully in 2015, two in 2016 and two in 2017.

I'm sad.. one of the Berry College eaglets fell from the nest yesterday evening and did not survive.  :( 

Edited by Hoot