workerbee

PA Bald Eagles Nest Stream

243 posts in this topic

Looks like they are struggling to get that one stick in place.

Cool stuff!

Looks like they are struggling to get that one stick in place.

Cool stuff!

I saw that.  That's generally where they take off form the nest.

Just caught her rolling them over before settling.

How many does she have?

I caught the tail end of this on the news last night and did not hear how many she had, just that they expect them to hatch by Sunday.

Be cool to tune in while they are hatching!

How many does she have?

I caught the tail end of this on the news last night and did not hear how many she had, just that they expect them to hatch by Sunday.

Be cool to tune in while they are hatching!

She has two. Two different cam views on this one.  Directly over head and regular shot.

Edited by workerbee

We live very close to the Bush River and have a nesting pair of Eagles within walking distance.  Not unusual to see Eagles and Osprey feeding on fish on our property.  Dogs love rolling in the fish remains in the spring. 

The efforts at APG to protect these great birds has clearly worked.  They have migrated up the Susquehanna, the Gunpowder, and even Deer Creek.  There are around 4 eagles hanging out around the Gunpowder between  McCaul's and Cub Hill Road now, and we recently saw one in White Hall, in the NW corner of Harford County.

Edited by Struds

Just happen to catch the change from female to male on the eggs.  Timing is everything 4:44

http://www.berry.edu/eaglecam/

Just moved an egg at 6:15.

Pretty amazing. They have an incubation nest built inside of their nest.

I was walking on the beach once in Homer Alaska. I could see a bunch of bald eagles on the beach. My dog ran up to them when he saw them, and then he came running back really fast. He didn't realize these things were all 3 feet high.

Once we did a kayak trip, and I was fishing and I was catching sea run Dolly Vardens. This eagle must've noticed what I was doing he came and landed in a tree next to me. Every time I would catch a fish and throw it back in the water, he would fly down and catch it. I've got it on film. It was amazing have this huge bird swooping right by you.

Once we did a kayak trip, and I was fishing and I was catching sea run Dolly Vardens. This eagle must've noticed what I was doing he came and landed in a tree next to me. Every time I would catch a fish and throw it back in the water, he would fly down and catch it. I've got it on film. It was amazing have this huge bird swooping right by you.

That's pretty cool! Welcome back, btw!

Edited by naive

That's pretty cool! Welcome back, btw!

A chastised, humble poster now, to be sure!

:)

Have you seen it?

Yes.  Being fed by mom. Proud poppa just stopped by.  Could be but an hour or two old.  Fluffy.

Yes.  Being fed by mom. Proud poppa just stopped by.  Could be but an hour or two old.  Fluffy.

I saw him come in with the squirrel, but she has not moved.

Finally saw the little one! A Valentine's day eagle!

Bald eagles are usually fish eaters.

Once when me and my wife were kayaking, we watch an Eagle dive on a fish it must've been a large one, probably a pink salmon. Anyway, you could not fly fish was too heavy so it swam to shore with the fish in it's claws.

Bald eagles are usually fish eaters.

Once when me and my wife were kayaking, we watch an Eagle dive on a fish it must've been a large one, probably a pink salmon. Anyway, you could not fly fish was too heavy so it swam to shore with the fish in it's claws.

These Eagles seem to enjoy squirrel. There is another one in the nest this am.

These Eagles seem to enjoy squirrel. There is another one in the nest this am.

I imagine they eat whatever they can.