Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SemiAuto

Better Call Saul.

31 posts in this topic

I was somewhat unimpressed with the season premier.  I'm guessing they had to re-introduce Saul for those that have not seen Breaking Bad and already knew what kind of scumbag lawyer Saul is.  So for me, the episode seemed a bit slow on that front.  I guess I'll have to see where the various plot lines are going.

I thought it was quite good. More of a dark comedy, aka Sopranos thus far than the more serious tone of BB.

It's not totally a prequel - the writers have said the timeline will be before, during, and after BB.

I was somewhat unimpressed with the season premier.  I'm guessing they had to re-introduce Saul for those that have not seen Breaking Bad and already knew what kind of scumbag lawyer Saul is.  So for me, the episode seemed a bit slow on that front.  I guess I'll have to see where the various plot lines are going.

haven't watched yet but we have it on dvr ....

wife wasn't impressed, didn't finish the first episode ......

I'll check it out eventually but have a feeling that anyone that watch BB will be disappoint no matter how much we tell ourselves its a different show .....

ya just can't go home ......

haven't watched yet but we have it on dvr ....

wife wasn't impressed, didn't finish the first episode ......

I'll check it out eventually but have a feeling that anyone that watch BB will be disappoint no matter how much we tell ourselves its a different show .....

ya just can't go home ......

Yeah, I don't know how you follow a show like BB. I can't see how you top it.

I watched the first show so far, seemed slow to me as well.

Season 2 is looking better than Season 1 so far.

I especially enjoy the similarities to Fargo...regional accents and characters who border on social dysfunction. Oh yea, and the heavy-set female LEO.

Finale was o.k, I was a little let down to be honest, at least for much of the episode, but the ending was pretty great.  Chuck is a total, brain damaged POS, hell bent on destroying Jimmie out of jealousy.  Mike's story is really interesting.  Seems like we are getting quite close to how these guys wind up they way they are on Breaking Bad.  Still wondering if Mike is how Tio Salamanca winds up in a wheechair dinging a bell. 

Finale was o.k, I was a little let down to be honest, at least for much of the episode, but the ending was pretty great.  Chuck is a total, brain damaged POS, hell bent on destroying Jimmie out of jealousy.  Mike's story is really interesting.  Seems like we are getting quite close to how these guys wind up they way they are on Breaking Bad.  Still wondering if Mike is how Tio Salamanca winds up in a wheechair dinging a bell. 

On Breaking Bad, during the flashback scene when Gus was young and he and his friend had been 'invited' to the drug king-pin's house down in Mexico, I think I remember the show making a point of showing Tio's hand shaking and him not being able to fully control it. I thought they were showing the beginnings of what was some kind of progressive neurological illness that led to his future in a wheelchair.

Edited by Gizmo

Mike is a real badazz!

Was looking at the opening credits for Better Call Saul, and noticed "Music by David Porter". I whispered, "Wow!"

David Porter was inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 2005 with catalog sales exceeding 300 million units. In 2015, Rolling Stone listed him among the 100 Greatest Songwriters of All Time. He is best known for songwriting, having written Sam & Dave's "Soul Man" (1968 Grammy winner), Mariah Carey's "Dreamlover" (1993 Grammy winner), Will Smith's "Get Jiggy Wit It" (1999 Grammy winner).

Porter has over 1700 songwriter and composer credits for a range of artists, including Aretha Franklin, James Brown, Celine Dion, Otis Redding, Drake, ZZ Top, Tom Jones, Ted Nugent, Bonnie Raitt, Wu-Tang Clan, Eminem, Patsy Cline, Albert King and Eurythmics.

He was a catalyst for bringing Isaac Hayes to Stax Records as a writing partner. As house composers for Stax Records, Porter and Hayes penned most of Sam & Dave's hits, including "Soul Man", "I Thank You", "When Something Is Wrong with My Baby" and "Hold On, I'm Comin'". The Hayes-Porter duo composed 200 songs during their collaboration.

Better Call Saul is tight!

Edited by EL-FLIPPO

Great season! 10 episodes isn't enough!

I think more shows should be 8-10 episodes per season (including Walking Dead)

Quality over quantity

Also, I agree that BCS season 2 was pretty good. I think we may see Gus Fring in Season 3