Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SemiAuto

Better Call Saul.

41 posts in this topic

Odenkirk's lame social media plea to flip Electoral College voters in order to keep Trump from the Presidency put's him solidly in the completely deranged, out of touch category.

This distraction plus the passage of so much time has me less excited about the upcoming season.

I'll probably get over it an watch anyway. :)

Almost forgot about that show.  Yeah, I really wish celebrities would just stick to what they know and do best.  They are so out of touch with the real world, I don't know how anyone takes their opinions seriously.

Anybody still watching?  This season has been terrific, a lot of Breaking Bad stuff starting to take shape, and more backstory with Chuck(who is being played really well by Michael McKean).  "Saul Goodman" ('sall good man) was born in the last one.

On 5/18/2017 at 10:54 AM, alienrace said:

Anybody still watching?  This season has been terrific, a lot of Breaking Bad stuff starting to take shape, and more backstory with Chuck(who is being played really well by Michael McKean).  "Saul Goodman" ('sall good man) was born in the last one.

Still watching, great season.  It's great that Gus was brought in as he was one of the best characters from BB. 

In addition to the birth of Saul, got to see the beginnings of the "lab".

26 minutes ago, ivanbalt said:

Still watching, great season.  It's great that Gus was brought in as he was one of the best characters from BB. 

In addition to the birth of Saul, got to see the beginnings of the "lab".

Gus is so calculating.  Hector Salamanca is such a despicable snake.  It's fun knowing what happens to these guys :)

Last night's episode was subtly riveting.  You can just feel Jimmy's pain as he is repeatedly getting beaten down by circumstances and bad luck.  He's a good guy at heart, but you can see something changing in him, and it's kinda, distressing to watch.  And Kim, you can see she sees it, and feels his pain too - but at a distance.  I wonder if she's about to turn away from Jimmy?

Similarly for Nacho.  He's already there - desperate - to protect his father. 

Through all of the unstability, there is one stable constant - Mike.  He's like a singular, machine.  You don't always know what he's thinking, or what his motives are, but you can be sure he's got it figured out ahead of time.  The loss of his son destroyed his ability to have real emotion - and it serves him well.  He cares, but only to a degree.  There's a massive wall around his soul.

Another good episode.  Guessing Nacho may get a "stroke" of luck in the last episode.

On 6/9/2017 at 7:13 AM, ivanbalt said:

Another good episode.  Guessing Nacho may get a "stroke" of luck in the last episode.

Looks like Hector is a bit like Chuck - all in his mind.  Now I'm wondering how Hector winds up in his state in Breaking Bad....

Jimmy's manipulation of the old ladies was both comical, and showing a bit of darkness on Jimmy's part.  He's evolving...

20 hours ago, alienrace said:

Looks like Hector is a bit like Chuck - all in his mind.  Now I'm wondering how Hector winds up in his state in Breaking Bad....

Jimmy's manipulation of the old ladies was both comical, and showing a bit of darkness on Jimmy's part.  He's evolving...

Yeah the old lady scam was messed up.  Finale should be a good one.

Good season. I'll be back for more.

Hope Chuck makes it.

Did I hear someone mention the year in the dialogue (2003?)

Since we know in broad brushes what happens before BB, I hope something a little more exciting happens next year. Maybe ratchet up the violence. I think it will be more entertaining as we've seen a fuller devolution of Jimmy to Saul.

3 hours ago, Scaggsville said:

Hope Chuck makes it.

Since we know in broad brushes what happens before BB, I hope something a little more exciting happens next year. Maybe ratchet up the violence. I think it will be more entertaining as we've seen a fuller devolution of Jimmy to Saul.

I never caught the year, but they were in Blockbuster renting movies.

Good finale and definitely the best season so far.

4 hours ago, Scaggsville said:

Hope Chuck makes it.

I like the actor, but I'm tired of Chuck...

Hope he croaks...

Hector is great..He was also great in Scarface.

Good show!

I was wrong about this series on my original post on here when the series started ......

Went back a month or so ago and tried it again .......

Just finished it and wife and I really enjoyed it ......

1 minute ago, Eastside Terp said:

I was wrong about this series on my original post on here when the series started ......

Went back a month or so ago and tried it again .......

Just finished it and wife and I really enjoyed it ......

First season was slow and kind of uninteresting, but the last two have been much better.

The ending was tough to watch.  Well done by Michael McKean.  Utterly disturbing.