• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Gizmo

Gizmo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,179 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 05:20 PM

Finale was o.k, I was a little let down to be honest, at least for much of the episode, but the ending was pretty great.  Chuck is a total, brain damaged POS, hell bent on destroying Jimmie out of jealousy.  Mike's story is really interesting.  Seems like we are getting quite close to how these guys wind up they way they are on Breaking Bad.  Still wondering if Mike is how Tio Salamanca winds up in a wheechair dinging a bell. 

On Breaking Bad, during the flashback scene when Gus was young and he and his friend had been 'invited' to the drug king-pin's house down in Mexico, I think I remember the show making a point of showing Tio's hand shaking and him not being able to fully control it. I thought they were showing the beginnings of what was some kind of progressive neurological illness that led to his future in a wheelchair.

Edited by Gizmo, 20 April 2016 - 01:06 PM.

#22 EL-FLIPPO

EL-FLIPPO

School & Street Educated

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,204 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Doodad Nebula

Posted 23 April 2016 - 04:18 PM

Finale was o.k, I was a little let down to be honest, at least for much of the episode, but the ending was pretty great.  Chuck is a total, brain damaged POS, hell bent on destroying Jimmie out of jealousy.  Mike's story is really interesting.  Seems like we are getting quite close to how these guys wind up they way they are on Breaking Bad.  Still wondering if Mike is how Tio Salamanca winds up in a wheechair dinging a bell. 

Mike is a real badazz!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Give not that which is holy unto the dogs,
neither cast ye your pearls before swine,
lest they trample them under their feet
.â€
~
Matthew 7:6 ~

#23 EL-FLIPPO

EL-FLIPPO

School & Street Educated

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,204 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Doodad Nebula

Posted 24 April 2016 - 12:54 AM

Was looking at the opening credits for Better Call Saul, and noticed "Music by David Porter". I whispered, "Wow!"

David Porter was inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 2005 with catalog sales exceeding 300 million units. In 2015, Rolling Stone listed him among the 100 Greatest Songwriters of All Time. He is best known for songwriting, having written Sam & Dave's "Soul Man" (1968 Grammy winner), Mariah Carey's "Dreamlover" (1993 Grammy winner), Will Smith's "Get Jiggy Wit It" (1999 Grammy winner).

Porter has over 1700 songwriter and composer credits for a range of artists, including Aretha Franklin, James Brown, Celine Dion, Otis Redding, Drake, ZZ Top, Tom Jones, Ted Nugent, Bonnie Raitt, Wu-Tang Clan, Eminem, Patsy Cline, Albert King and Eurythmics.

He was a catalyst for bringing Isaac Hayes to Stax Records as a writing partner. As house composers for Stax Records, Porter and Hayes penned most of Sam & Dave's hits, including "Soul Man", "I Thank You", "When Something Is Wrong with My Baby" and "Hold On, I'm Comin'". The Hayes-Porter duo composed 200 songs during their collaboration.

Better Call Saul is tight!

Edited by EL-FLIPPO, 24 April 2016 - 12:58 AM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Give not that which is holy unto the dogs,
neither cast ye your pearls before swine,
lest they trample them under their feet
.â€
~
Matthew 7:6 ~

#24 Scaggsville

Scaggsville

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,709 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 06:32 AM

Great season! 10 episodes isn't enough!

#25 soulflower

soulflower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67,878 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 07:19 AM

Great season! 10 episodes isn't enough!

I think more shows should be 8-10 episodes per season (including Walking Dead)

Quality over quantity

Also, I agree that BCS season 2 was pretty good. I think we may see Gus Fring in Season 3
"...reality has a well-known liberal bias"

#26 Scaggsville

Scaggsville

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,709 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 09:00 AM

Odenkirk's lame social media plea to flip Electoral College voters in order to keep Trump from the Presidency put's him solidly in the completely deranged, out of touch category.

This distraction plus the passage of so much time has me less excited about the upcoming season.

I'll probably get over it an watch anyway. :)

#27 alienrace

alienrace

Don't run - we are your friends!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,368 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 09:24 AM

Almost forgot about that show.  Yeah, I really wish celebrities would just stick to what they know and do best.  They are so out of touch with the real world, I don't know how anyone takes their opinions seriously.

The time has come for a centrist political party. Rational Americans are not comfortable with extreme views to the left or to the right, and our current parties have no intentions of ever abandoning their ever increasing distance from sane, reasonable thinking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users