Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RM7

Gilman

1,844 posts in this topic

Who cares? Season is over, shiit is all in the past. It's on to the next. 

Seem like you care as you the one keep bringing up GIlman past lol.

Who cares? These are facts that can't be disputed, only team with multiple undefeated seasons in league history, only team to have multiple un-shared titles, have more than 50% of total titles ever and the only team that hasn't been beaten by every team in the league. That's called DOMINATION!

The lil pup needs to talk about the past, what he thinks we will not know or remember much about.  It's better then talking about the present that's so fresh in our minds --- the last two years of McDonogh, Saint Edward, Paramus, and Manatee.

The lil pup needs to talk about the past, what he thinks we will not know or remember much about.  It's better then talking about the present that's so fresh in our minds --- the last two years of McDonogh, Saint Edward, Paramus, and Manatee.

He talk out both side of his mouth.  When he got something in the past that good for Gilman he brings it up, but when somebody talking about something in the past that dont favor Gilman he say "Who cares, its in the past" lol.

tell me Im wrong, lol.

Does that boy even read what he writing before writing the opposite?  Thats clownish imho.

Congrats to Jelani Roberts on his most recent accomplishment:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/high-school/bs-va-sp-scholar-athlete-awards-0312-20150311-story.html

Top 5% of his class.  I can't even begin explain how impressive that is at a school like Gilman.  The guys at the top of my class at Gilman are all among the smartest, hardest working and most successful people I've ever encountered.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/high-school/bs-va-sp-scholar-athlete-awards-0312-20150311-story.html

Top 5% of his class.  I can't even begin explain how impressive that is at a school like Gilman.  The guys at the top of my class at Gilman are all among the smartest, hardest working and most successful people I've ever encountered.

Not to start a firestorm but according to a couple of posters this shouldn't be possible at Gilman because the average national SAT score for blacks is below that for whites. 

When I read the article, I immediately came here to make that exact point, but I decided to keep it simple and just congratulate Jelani.  I even posted it on the Gilman-centric thread so people another thread didn't get hijacked by all things Gilman not to ruffle any feathers.  I think I'm going soft in my old age.

That is very impressive. Going to a Great University and obviously has his priorities straight. Great Role Model for the younger kids.

Not to start a firestorm but according to a couple of posters this shouldn't be possible at Gilman because the average national SAT score for blacks is below that for whites.

Lol, great post. This post makes me think about something you wrote back then when the posters were putting black kids at Gilman in some numbers box, and I'm talking about family socio-economic box and you made the point that these kids are all kids of people are our generation, who went to college and changed the demographics of a lot of blacks at these schools. Roberts is a poster not for that comment. His dad Kevin was a couple of years older than me in high school, ran track against him when he was at Poly. Was a very good athlete there and went on to college and Jelani is a product of a what is a new background for young black men. I hear he has another son that's killing the youth leagues up right now. I believe he's already at Gilman and has been for years.

I would hope people realize that 1 very high test score does not make an average. I had a very high ACT score as well. It happens. but the national average is still low and it has nothing to do with aptitude. 

Congrats to Jelani. I saw him yesterday at the dinner. I hope he sees the field. 

I would hope people realize that 1 very high test score does not make an average. I had a very high ACT score as well. It happens. but the national average is still low and it has nothing to do with aptitude. 

Congrats to Jelani. I saw him yesterday at the dinner. I hope he sees the field.

The question wasn't about the National average, it was about GILMAN'S average, which I promise you is way above the National average.

The question wasn't about the National average, it was about GILMAN'S average, which I promise you is way above the National average.

Of course Gilman is above average in terms of African American scores. So is most private schools. I dare say...even black kids at St. Frances are higher than average. Gilman has an excellent education. We know that. I would help they would considering how much money it costs. 

Of course Gilman is above average in terms of African American scores. So is most private schools. I dare say...even black kids at St. Frances are higher than average. Gilman has an excellent education. We know that. I would help they would considering how much money it costs.

We all know this, but I'm assuming you missed the comments a couple of months back about Gilman black football players a couple of months back. This is what 85Knight's post is about. The comment wasn't out of the air, there was a heated debate on here.

Don't start no stuff, won't be no stuff! Lol!

Roberts was just named 1st team All Metro Indoor Track. This after already being 1st team All Met Football. He just ran a very fast time in the freezing cold in the first outdoor track meet this year. I think he has a serious chance to break the MIAA record in the 100 and 200 and baring injury, is a lock for 1st team All Metro Outdoor track. I think he will join many former Gilman athletes and become the Sun AOY.

Pretty impressive stuff. Biff should give him a raise.

You're a funny guy! Roberts isn't some regular kid or what you would call "recruited" Gilman athlete. He's been at the school for years and is one of the top students in the whole school! Kid is going to a great school but would get into any of the Ivies. He's an impressive young man.

GA I don't agree with you alot, but I have too on this. You have to give credit to a student/ athlete who is able to make it on brains alone. Congrats to this young man

Pretty impressive stuff. Biff should give him a raise.

Wow - you're really a miserable person. 

Wow - you're really a miserable person. 

It was a joke...sort of.    Gillytech huh...is that supposed to be ironic?  Real classy. 

It was funny and you're not a miserable person.  Roberts would be deserving, great athlete, but also excels in the classroom. Could face internal competition because of the large number of people at his school excelling athletically including the Nationally Dominant Squash team and if you've seen it played it takes quickness, hand eye coordination and strategy, and I'm not kidding. Locksley High D1 Football and Bball and also could face competition from other student athletes at other schools besides his school. I do think his (Roberts) 40 time and GPA are probably closer than anybody else in the area.

I do know a great kid, 1.6 GPA runs the 40 in 6.2, Think Jelani laps him.  

Why is my handle not classy?

Gillytech..tech...irony because Gilman and it's people are soooo far superior (in their own minds) to technical schools and the people that go to them? 

Gillytech..tech...irony because Gilman and it's people are soooo far superior (in their own minds) to technical schools and the people that go to them?

Gillytech is a very longtime internal nickname of Gilman.

Gillytech is a very longtime internal nickname of Gilman.

Racism has been around a long time too...what's your point?