Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RM7

Gilman

1,844 posts in this topic

You can't wait for the season to start every year GA and then after two OOS games you'll come in here and tell us those teams who spanked Gilman were the best in the nation and then you'll tell us how you can't wait to play McDonogh as it's the only game that matters.  But you'll then tell us about the can't miss tailgate in the parking lot diuting the McD vs The G game....   :P ....

In all fairness to GA, Ambrose Wooden, Darius Jennings and Kai Locksley never were declared the best passer at anytime in their careers at any camp. GA just better hope that they're installing a new offense at Gilman to take advantage of Hill's strengths.

But they never really threw the ball, do he have playmakers to throw to?

To hear GA tell it, Fitzgerald is the second coming of Gronkowski and Madison would be the best wideout in the state if he concentrated on football.

I saw enough of Wooden, Jennings, the Blake Bell clone at MD and Locksley to know that they weren't great passers.

To hear GA tell it, Fitzgerald is the second coming of Gronkowski and Madison would be the best wideout in the state if he concentrated on football.

I saw enough of Wooden, Jennings, the Blake Bell clone at MD and Locksley to know that they weren't great passers.

Fitzgerald is the best TE in the state and has recently received offers. Very talented kid, one of the best athletes at Gilman. Funny thing is, he comes from a family full of CHC grads, including your former QB who along with CJ Williams, led them to that shocking victory over Gilman a few years ago. The victory that started CHC's resurgence and my hate for them stomping on the G, lol.

Gilman is loaded. Korey Stevens actually led Gilman in receiving TD's last year, not Jelani. He will be a four year Varsity player. Drew Ehlrich will also be a big weapon, a bigger version of Danny Blair. He won't run the ball like Blair but will be a big play guy catching the ball. I don't know what Madison will bring next year. He didn't run track, and he's on the AAU circuit this off season. I think he's such a good athlete, he still will be a big playmaker. Just wish he had run track and gotten faster.

Hill is the guy, I think he will show people that he's of the greats to ever walk the Halls at the school. He's a slightly shorter(was just measured at 6'3 at a camp) more solid and faster Kai Locksley that can pass with the best Nationally. That's a scary thought. Now when you say will Gilman change the offense to suit his skills, I wouldn't hold my breath. But we are only saying this in regards to their OOS schedule. Because I don't think they will have any trouble beating any of their other scheduled games, in what I feel will be a one team league this year. ECA and Good Counsel will be the only teams in state that might keep it within 3 TD's.

Gilman is loaded. Korey Stevens actually led Gilman in receiving TD's last year, not Jelani.

He should have scored more TDs against Saint Edward, Paramus, and McD.

Hill is the guy, I think he will show people that he's of the greats to ever walk the Halls at the school.

Stop QB dive left, QB dive right, QB dive up the gut, QB spin around and shot put pass to crossing TE....complete a couple passing route plays, just couple, and he would be the best to ever walk the halls at Gilman.  Who would beat that couple pass passer out at The G....  Geeeezzzz!!!

ECA and Good Counsel will be the only teams in state that might keep it within 3 TD's.

IF_IF GC can find a running game when Gilman goes to Olney we might see another thriller.. IF GC cant run I expect Gilman to win by 3 TD's ... 5 returning OL a 4 star RB and 3 year starter at FB  gives GC a chance  

I think GC has a great chance against Gilman because Gilmans offense is so predictable. I'm hearing hat Hill looks great at the helm I just hope that o coordinator gives him a chance to display his skill set

IF_IF GC can find a running game when Gilman goes to Olney we might see another thriller.. IF GC cant run I expect Gilman to win by 3 TD's ... 5 returning OL a 4 star RB and 3 year starter at FB  gives GC a chance

I'm not saying Gilman will beat GC by 3 TD's. I think it will be a close one. I was saying that those two schools are the only schools I feel Gilman won't blow off the field in Maryland this year.

You should be more concerned about getting blown off the field AGAIN by Saint Edward and Paramus.

Oh that's right, it will not matter cause it will have zero impact on your bush league standing.  Nevermind.

I'm not saying Gilman will beat GC by 3 TD's. I think it will be a close one. I was saying that those two schools are the only schools I feel Gilman won't blow off the field in Maryland this year.

Oh I understand ...  I am saying GC better find a way to run the ball if not GC is looking at 3 game losing streak to Gilman 

Fitzgerald is the best TE in the state and has recently received offers. Very talented kid, one of the best athletes at Gilman. Funny thing is, he comes from a family full of CHC grads, including your former QB who along with CJ Williams, led them to that shocking victory over Gilman a few years ago. The victory that started CHC's resurgence and my hate for them stomping on the G, lol.

Actually it's not that funny/surprising that Fitzgerald went to Gilman. He and his family had been eyeing Calvert Hall for a number of years, but when he was in 8th Grade, the Gilman football and baseball coaches backed up the Brinks truck and offered him a full ride. He was going to get some money to go to CHC, but nothing close to a full ride. Now of course G.A., Gilly Tech and the other Gilman defenders will deny this or maybe claim it was financial aid. His family would not have been candidates to receive $25K in financial aid, so whatever you want to call it, it was basically an athletic scholarship.

This was an eye-opening event for me, when I fully grasped the reality that Gilman athletics (especially football) were the New York Yankees of the MIAA. If there's a student-athlete they covet, they can outbid Calvert Hall and every other MIAA school, except McDonogh, to obtain their services.

That's how Fitzgerald ended up at Gilman. When you know that part of the story, it's not as funny/strange that the family didn't end up at CHC, despite the student-athlete's preference and the family's connection to CHC.

Actually it's not that funny/surprising that Fitzgerald went to Gilman. He and his family had been eyeing Calvert Hall for a number of years, but when he was in 8th Grade, the Gilman football and baseball coaches backed up the Brinks truck and offered him a full ride. He was going to get some money to go to CHC, but nothing close to a full ride. Now of course G.A., Gilly Tech and the other Gilman defenders will deny this or maybe claim it was financial aid. His family would not have been candidates to receive $25K in financial aid, so whatever you want to call it, it was basically an athletic scholarship.

This was an eye-opening event for me, when I fully grasped the reality that Gilman athletics (especially football) were the New York Yankees of the MIAA. If there's a student-athlete they covet, they can outbid Calvert Hall and every other MIAA school, except McDonogh, to obtain their services.

That's how Fitzgerald ended up at Gilman. When you know that part of the story, it's not as funny/strange that the family didn't end up at CHC, despite the student-athlete's preference and the family's connection to CHC.

I know very well how Fitzgerald got to Gilman, I'm friendly with his dad(who went to CHC). Fitzgerald is obviously an elite athlete and of course was recruited but not for football. Yes the baseball coaches were after him but he didn't even make JV his freshman year in football. He played fresh-Soph. He made a huge leap the next year. He was more of a basketball/baseball player. If you think he got a full ride, you're greatly mistaken.

You seem to know and are friends or friendly with just about everyone but me GA.  From Sergey Brin and his wife of Google to Valdimir Putin of Russia and you always tell their freakin' personal business.  Who the puck are you to come on public message boards to discuss the financial arrangement parents made with schools to make them mercenaries....  :P

No way would you be a friend of mine.  Hell, I would have rejected your weird @zz the second I saw you if I had come across you the way AO described you of a fellow from east Baltimore wearing tight jeans, cowboys boots with real spurs and a ten-gallon cowboy hat standing quietly off to the side at a tailgate function when you all first met.  But AO ( pronounced A-Hole ) is into odd shyte like you and the rest of your boys in the band around here.

But guy, stop telling all the business and financial status of all your "friends."  Hell, you now gonna have the IRS after the Gilman alum you told us worked for Goldman Sach and pulling down over a million a year.  Shyte, he didn't claim that on his tax, something he learned from his dad when he was a need-based athlete at Gilman I suspect.  Stop snitching on your friends GA.  You have so many in such high places.

Edited by DayWalker

thats a powerful accusation

should be investigated and gilman punished if true

thats a powerful accusation

should be investigated and gilman punished if true

punished for what? giving a kid a scholarship to attend a premier academic school with a great football team. STOP it. 

punished for what? giving a kid a scholarship to attend a premier academic school with a great football team. STOP it. 

you miss this part of what i quote from the other guy?

His family would not have been candidates to receive $25K in financial aid, so whatever you want to call it, it was basically an athletic scholarship.

if true

cause i dont know if it is or not but i dont think miaa allow athletic scholarships

Come on coach, you should know Gilman does NOT provide athletic scholarships.  GA has pounded that into us all for years....

Edited by DayWalker

Exactly, a private school can give a student whatever they want. The MIAA has no bearing on how funds are given. Kid could be Bill Gates child and still be given a full ride of that's what that school feels they went to do with their money, it's the glory on being a private school. That being said, the kid isn't at Gilman on a full ride.

Exactly, a private school can give a student whatever they want. The MIAA has no bearing on how funds are given. Kid could be Bill Gates child and still be given a full ride of that's what that school feels they went to do with their money, it's the glory on being a private school. That being said, the kid isn't at Gilman on a full ride.

I am pretty sure in past dialogue that you said that Gilman does not give athletic scholarships and that they are needs based, now you are saying that Bill Gates can get a full ride if they wanted to do that?

I am pretty sure in past dialogue that you said that Gilman does not give athletic scholarships and that they are needs based, now you are saying that Bill Gates can get a full ride if they wanted to do that?

I'm saying if that's what they chose to do, they can and nobody can say anything about it. Gilman doesn't give athletic scholarships. They give money to many kids who excel in many different fields. And this has been going on for many decades.