Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RM7

Gilman

1,816 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, Silverbullet said:

This is pretty far from reality. You guys are acting like these kids are victims. You know damn well what's going to happen when you show up to a nationally ranked football program. It's sink or swim. 

I'm sure there are kids that attend the big name schools to be a part of something special. So what? Why does that hurt your feelings? Maybe these kids won't play football in college, but they get a front row seat on how to deal with high stakes competition. That stuff translates in the real world at the very least.

It's silly to act like the big name schools don't give every opportunity possible for playing time or college recruitment. You act like these programs are run by a bunch of snake oil salesman. The reason the top WCAC/MIAA teams are so successful is because they embrace competition. Some kids would rather test themselves against the best and some kids would rather leave and play a watered down schedule in the IAC. Either way, nobody is a victim and nothing is sad about making a decision.

It is sad for the parent that was sold the bag of goods. But I get it, its a business and many dont understand that. It would make a lot more sense for a coach to tell the parent I dont think your child cant play here. But again its the business piece that comes into play.

1 hour ago, Tomslick said:

Depends on what you consider big time. Ill let you decide! 

Coaches come in from all over the country, from USC up to Boise over to Syracuse down to Florida and all the school in between. And for all sports! Currently have what many consider the top lacrosse kid in the country who is committed to UMD for lacrosse. But he also holds football offers from Wisconsin, UVA, Wake and a couple others. The Syracuse football coach came down and offered him a scholarship to play both football and Lacrosse. One of the hottest track teams Nationally. One of the track kids just picked up a Miami offer. Bullis track had 3 teams run in the Championships of America at the Penn Relays. Both 4x100 teams and the boys 4x400. Off the top of my head for football they have 5 kids in ACC(3 from this class), 5 kids in B10  (2 made the B10 freshman 1st team) several in the Ivy leagues a couple at Carnegie Mellon along with many others in D2 or D3. (Just like everybody else) Out of the 11 seniors on the football teams this year 9 are going to school for the sport they play to include Alex Trippi who is headed to UNC for lacrosse. Last year I think it was about the same. Girls bball has kids at Duke a girl this year committed to UPenn. Girls soccer have kids all over, Lacrosse has kids playing at the highest levels. Girls Tennis too. And its many, many more...

So it depends on what you consider big time. I think so!

Its not who you play, its how you play!

I guess I am not in the know Slick, but when I hear or think of Bullis I only think of their track team, both boys and girls as "Big Time". Yes, the other sports programs at Bullis get their kids into colleges/universities, but I believe most of the privates in this area does a pretty good job doing the same thing.  But then again...I am not in the know....

57 minutes ago, Tomslick said:

The deciding factor is opportunity not money! Because the school is so small the opportunity is there in the sport they love. Football has give or take 50 something kids between Varsity and JV. Maybe 15-18 true varsity players if that. The roster isnt big so the kids get the opportunity to showcase their talent on both sides of the ball. Which is what most college coaches want to see. If you look at recruiting in depth you will see that the majority of the highly recruited kids across the country play on both sides of the ball and many in the return game too. Thats why the HD kids are always recruited heavily vs others in the city. Because at HD thier kids play 2-3 phases. You might not see a one-way player on HD roster. And even the QB will run out and play some DB at times. Its a formula that works.   

VERY true statement there Slick! Because if that player doesn't pan out in one position they can switch to another one...especially since he probably played there before during high school.

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, ShoNuff07 said:

I guess I am not in the know Slick, but when I hear or think of Bullis I only think of their track team, both boys and girls as "Big Time". Yes, the other sports programs at Bullis get their kids into colleges/universities, but I believe most of the privates in this area does a pretty good job doing the same thing.  But then again...I am not in the know....

Most do a really good job. A lot of us equate HS wins vs whomever on a National level as the end all be all and its far from the truth. IAC football has kid at Mich, Oregon, Northwestern, Wake, Duke, Vtech, Penn st, UMD, Wisconsin, UNC, Cal, Ohio st, Umass, Richmond, James Madison, Towson, Army, Navy, UVA, Robert Morris, Hobart, Davidson and on and on and on. Those are the same schools the MIAA and the WCAC send kids too. Correct? Along with the ivy leagues on down. The league stays local for the most part outside of EHS hitting Woodberry Forest because they are their rival. Why because our area has great talent and size so it makes no sense to travel when you can get great bump in your own back yard. 

Edited by Tomslick

2 hours ago, Tomslick said:

It is sad for the parent that was sold the bag of goods. But I get it, its a business and many dont understand that. It would make a lot more sense for a coach to tell the parent I dont think your child cant play here. But again its the business piece that comes into play.

If every DM coach said "I don't think your child can play here"....there wouldn't be any Victor Oladipo's, Markelle Fultz's, Brian Westbrook's, Cameron Wake's, etc...Using competition to your advantage turned those guys from random freshman in to professional athletes. Like I said, blame the coach all you want, it's just an excuse. You know exactly what you're getting into when you show up to a nationally ranked program. It's not a hard concept. Claiming ignorance is ignorant. 

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, Silverbullet said:

If every DM coach said "I don't think your child can play here"....there wouldn't be any Victor Oladipo's, Markelle Fultz's, Brian Westbrook's, Cameron Wake's, etc...Using competition to your advantage turned those guys from random freshman in to professional athletes. Like I said, blame the coach all you want, it's just an excuse. You know exactly what you're getting into when you show up to a nationally ranked program. It's not a hard concept. Claiming ignorance is ignorant. 

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.” 

Congrats to all the other programs not named DM that have produced pro athletes. The one or two of you that have! 😉

Edited by Tomslick

8 hours ago, Tomslick said:

“Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.” 

Congrats to all the other programs not named DM that have produced pro athletes. The one or two of you that have! 😉

" ...one or two that you have..". I have? What? 

Stop living through your youngin, TS. You're starting to get that faux obnoxious Falls Rd. nonsense attitude. Not a great look. Just a heads up. 

Posted (edited)

14 hours ago, Silverbullet said:

" ...one or two that you have..". I have? What? 

Stop living through your youngin, TS. You're starting to get that faux obnoxious Falls Rd. nonsense attitude. Not a great look. Just a heads up. 

You hate it when another school has some success dont you? You stomp your feet everytime someone says something about any public or small private. 🤣🤣🤣 But the facts back up whats happening on Falls rd. Here's a few more for you. Congrats to the "National" champs Girls 4x200 team, boys and girls freshman 400 and good luck to the kids competing for the championships today in the 4x100, 100m and a few others. Again just so you know!  I think the lax team was one of the top in the country too. Since you like National rankings so much!

Yep and I do live thru my youngins, from the day they all were born!

His first game vs LSU in Lambeau, overtime games in Camp Randall stadium vs Ohio st & Nebraska, B1G championship vs Penn st in Indianapolis to the Cotton Bowl in Dallas. I had a freakin blast in those amazing venues! Camp Randall is bananas! Did you know Van Pelt voted Madison the #1 college town in America? Happy as all outdoors for all the locals that are in Madison. Burrell (MCD), Deal(DM), Nick(Suitland) and the kid you love to hate from Bullis! 😂😂😂 Ill keep you posted on how the Bullis track kids do today in championship meets, "where you actually compete for the championship", while watching my daughter compete locally as one of the top 2020 track girls in DC. Just figured YOU needed to know. 100%..

We clear now? Hope so! Hit you later 

Edited by Tomslick

4 hours ago, Tomslick said:

You hate it when another school has some success dont you? You stomp your feet everytime someone says something about any public or small private. 🤣🤣🤣 But the facts back up whats happening on Falls rd. Here's a few more for you. Congrats to the "National" champs Girls 4x200 team, boys and girls freshman 400 and good luck to the kids competing for the championships today in the 4x100, 100m and a few others. Again just so you know!  I think the lax team was one of the top in the country too. Since you like National rankings so much!

His first game vs LSU in Lambeau, overtime games in Camp Randall stadium vs Ohio st & Nebraska, B1G championship vs Penn st in Indianapolis to the Cotton Bowl in Dallas. I had a freakin blast in those amazing venues! Camp Randall is bananas! Did you know Van Pelt voted Madison the #1 college town in America? Happy as all outdoors for all the locals that are in Madison. Burrell (MCD), Deal(DM), Nick(Suitland) and the kid you love to hate from Bullis! 😂😂😂 Ill keep you posted on how the Bullis track kids do today in championship meets, "where you actually compete for the championship", while watching my daughter compete locally as one of the top 2020 track girls in DC. Just figured YOU needed to know. 100%..

I've never said anything bad about Bullis ever. I'm pretty sure I just said it was a nice situation in this very thread. I could of ended your reclassed crusade with one post listing 20+ reclassed kids at Bullis currently. I didn't because it's classless. You gotta stop being so insecure. If I need any info about girls track I'll be sure to ask you...Back to the topic...

You constantly call DeMatha and their coaching staff out. You take shots any chance that you get and have admitted to doing so. You've also admitted that you dislike DeMatha greatly. Multiple times. I'm just here to call your BS out any time you get that unscratchable itch. The only one with hatred here is you, TS. Stop projecting. 

26 minutes ago, Silverbullet said:

I've never said anything bad about Bullis ever. I'm pretty sure I just said it was a nice situation in this very thread. I could of ended your reclassed crusade with one post listing 20+ reclassed kids at Bullis currently. I didn't because it's classless. You gotta stop being so insecure. If I need any info about girls track I'll be sure to ask you...Back to the topic...

You constantly call DeMatha and their coaching staff out. You take shots any chance that you get and have admitted to doing so. You've also admitted that you dislike DeMatha greatly. Multiple times. I'm just here to call your BS out any time you get that unscratchable itch. The only one with hatred here is you, TS. Stop projecting. 

Go thru the post you soft sucka and see where I mentioned DM in this thread concerning coaches! Ill wait!

Any coach that sells BS to get kids needs to be slapped because its about the coach and not about whats best for the kid. Public or private! Chump you brought up DM though! If I have something to say about DM I have no issue letting you suckas know exactly how I feel. Like I said before I dont give two cents about what someone does with their kids thats their decision. Reclass, home-school I dont care! But you on the other hand tried to deny the facts that the big bad DM has reclassed kids, when everybody on here know they do. Who gives a ****? Oh you do, because youre still having a conversation from several months ago with you insecure ***? My goodness you are a freakin mess. 

Again the question was asked if Bullis was an elite program (or whatever was mentioned) and I gave the facts about their program so those that dont know will have a better understanding,"including you" about what they do. As I would if somebody asked about HD Woodson or Cardozo. See again you are upset that some other school can have success outside of what you think counts. Without the "test yourselves against the best BS" you keep spilling. Why not just give programs credit outside of the WCAC especially the publics for doing a great job getting kids a free education and off the dayum streets. Sheesh!

By the way I hope yall beat the breaks off of Gorman! See how easy it is?

Let these kids be. These kids putting in work to make a better situation for themselves. Guys on here running their mouth about kids who are grinding and trying to make a better life for themselves. Majority of these dudes on here talking never picked up a football in life, and want to criticize other kids.

1 hour ago, Tomslick said:

Go thru the post you soft sucka and see where I mentioned DM in this thread concerning coaches! Ill wait!

Any coach that sells BS to get kids needs to be slapped because its about the coach and not about whats best for the kid. Public or private! Chump you brought up DM though! If I have something to say about DM I have no issue letting you suckas know exactly how I feel. Like I said before I dont give two cents about what someone does with their kids thats their decision. Reclass, home-school I dont care! But you on the other hand tried to deny the facts that the big bad DM has reclassed kids, when everybody on here know they do. Who gives a ****? Oh you do, because youre still having a conversation from several months ago with you insecure ***? My goodness you are a freakin mess. 

Again the question was asked if Bullis was an elite program (or whatever was mentioned) and I gave the facts about their program so those that dont know will have a better understanding,"including you" about what they do. As I would if somebody asked about HD Woodson or Cardozo. See again you are upset that some other school can have success outside of what you think counts. Without the "test yourselves against the best BS" you keep spilling. Why not just give programs credit outside of the WCAC especially the publics for doing a great job getting kids a free education and off the dayum streets. Sheesh!

By the way I hope yall beat the breaks off of Gorman! See how easy it is?

We were talking about kids going to schools like IMG and DeMatha. You came out of your cave to spread your conspiracy theory about coaches lying to prospective students. Same stuff different day out of you and I'll ca you out every time that you do it...

Someone asked if Bullis was "big time". I said it was a nice situation, but I wouldn't call it "big time". It's not, comparatively. Fast forward to now...you're calling me a "soft sucka", "chump", and multiple profanities. You've lost control. Have a nice Father's Day, TS. 

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Silverbullet said:

We were talking about kids going to schools like IMG and DeMatha. You came out of your cave to spread your conspiracy theory about coaches lying to prospective students. Same stuff different day out of you and I'll ca you out every time that you do it...

Someone asked if Bullis was "big time". I said it was a nice situation, but I wouldn't call it "big time". It's not, comparatively. Fast forward to now...you're calling me a "soft sucka", "chump", and multiple profanities. You've lost control. Have a nice Father's Day, TS. 

Stop assuming and ask slim!

Edited by Tomslick

15 hours ago, Tomslick said:

How did they do ?

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, ShoNuff07 said:

How did they do ?

Girls 4x100 1st

B-team came in 4th

100 meter Freshman Boys 3rd also plays wr/db

Girls freshman long jump 2nd place

Girls 100m 6th

Girls long jump 10th

Looks like one of the top boys on the team was injured yesterday because they didnt run in any relays on sunday.

Edited by Tomslick

15 minutes ago, Tomslick said:

Girls 4x100 1st

B-team came in 4th

100 meter Freshman Boys 3rd also plays wr/db

Girls freshman long jump 2nd place

Girls 100m 6th

Girls long jump 10th

Looks like one of the top boys on the team was injured yesterday because they didnt run in any relays on sunday.

My apologies TS, but right after my post I actually located the New Balance Meet on Athletic.net ( https://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/meet/296667/results  )and saw the results.  I notice also they didn't run any relays.  I hope the injury (if any) are not serious, especially if there were plans to compete in the AAU Jr Olympics and/or USATF Jr Olympics this Summer.