Gilman

1,925 posts in this topic

Funny stuff seeing private school is an interesting business

47 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Hahahaha, I was waiting for 

47 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Hahahaha, I was waiting for that!! 

You knew that was coming Lol

Have to give Thomas Booker his props, he has narrowed his college choices down to his final 5 of U Penn, Harvard, Princeton, Stanford and Notre Dame! What an incredible list. I think he heads to Stanford, but would be amazing if he picks an Ivy. Would have to be one of the highest rated players to ever pick the Ivies! This is what Gilman is all about.  

2 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Have to give Thomas Booker his props, he has narrowed his college choices down to his final 5 of U Penn, Harvard, Princeton, Stanford and Notre Dame! What an incredible list. I think he heads to Stanford, but would be amazing if he picks an Ivy. Would have to be one of the highest rated players to ever pick the Ivies! This is what Gilman is all about.  

Hmmmm, and you were as quiet as a church mouse last year on what Gilman is all about signing day.....  Regarding Ivies picks, you ever heard of players like BMore's Calvin Hill?  But do prop Booker, congrats....

By the way, has Ugo Obassi of public Milford Mill narrow his choices that include Harvard, Army, Darmouth, Duke, Princeton, Yale, Penn State, and so so so many others?

Edited by DayWalker

Just now, city40blast said:

Ugo commited to uva I thought

no....No....NO, not UVA!!!  Damn, do V Tech if going that way.  :o

1 hour ago, DayWalker said:

Hmmmm, and you were as quiet as a church mouse last year on what Gilman is all about signing day.....  Regarding Ivies picks, you ever heard of players like BMore's Calvin Hill?  But do prop Booker, congrats....

By the way, has Ugo Obassi of public Milford Mill narrow his choices that include Harvard, Army, Darmouth, Duke, Princeton, Yale, Penn State, and so so so many others?

Committed back on June 23. Here is his twitter handle @ugogotswg

Turned on the UVA-UConn game, was hoping to see a matchup between Gilman great Micah Kiser and the pride of Oakland Mills, David Pindell. Literally first play I see, Kiser gets fumble recovery and then I hear, they had to bench Pindell because of how bad he was the week before in a win. Very dissapointed. 

21 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Turned on the UVA-UConn game, was hoping to see a matchup between Gilman great Micah Kiser and the pride of Oakland Mills, David Pindell. Literally first play I see, Kiser gets fumble recovery and then I hear, they had to bench Pindell because of how bad he was the week before in a win. Very dissapointed. 

Hey, I turned the game off when it was like 24-0, did the Oakland Mills greatest player ever get in the game? Just wondering..... 

Edited by GREYHOUND ALUM

29 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Hey, I turned the game off when it was like 24-0, did the Oakland Mills greatest player ever get in the game? Just wondering..... 

I didn't see the game so I wouldn't know.  But if Pindell didn't play, that would have been more downs than YOUR real deal, special human encroachment E. Jordan in Happy Valley Penn State played...

1 hour ago, DayWalker said:

I didn't see the game so I wouldn't know.  But if Pindell didn't play, that would have been more downs than YOUR real deal, special human encroachment E. Jordan in Happy Valley Penn State played...

FYI, Ellison blew out his ACL in his freshman year and is not ready to play yet.

53 minutes ago, TheGuru said:

FYI, Ellison blew out his ACL in his freshman year and is not ready to play yet.

Now that I'm sorry to hear.... 

2 hours ago, TheGuru said:

I thought I saw Ellis playing last night along with Shane Simmons...?

35 minutes ago, Tomslick said:

He has played in the 2 of the 1st 3 games this year, including yesterday's game. I believe he had 3 tackles and 1 pass breakup yesterday.

44 minutes ago, ShoNuff07 said:

He has played in the 2 of the 1st 3 games this year, including yesterday's game. I believe he had 3 tackles and 1 pass breakup yesterday.

Ellison finished the game with 3 tackles, 1 solo, and 1 pass deflection.   He is a red shirt freshman.... Give him some time....

8 minutes ago, HoundsDad said:

Ellison finished the game with 3 tackles, 1 solo, and 1 pass deflection.   He is a red shirt freshman.... Give him some time....

Sure cause before the day is over, GA will have posted he had 30 tackles of which 31 were solo, 10 pass deflections and a down field drop into pass coverage interception.  Oh, and a NFL Hall of Fame on order.  But if Ellison had played for McDonogh, he would "not have been impressed" with the talent.  But speaking of QB Pindell, what's Kai Lock up to.....

Edited by DayWalker

I lost count when he was in high school.  Don't follow Penn State.  But it would have been great if Franklin had put soap-on-a-rope and wash him of the trait that allowed him to get a jump of OLs.

Edited by DayWalker

4 hours ago, Tomslick said:

I was told that he was injured and rehabbing.  I was incorrect.  My bad.

Congrats to Gilman’s Thomas Booker, committed to Stanford today! Joins fellow Gilman Alums, Devery Hamilton and Dorian Maddox.  Always knew he would end up there. A true student athlete. 

Yes congrats Booker.  I contacted a young man I know already at Stanford, CB Alameen Murphy formerly of Friendly, to welcome Hamilton and Maddox.  I believe AM will be a senior this season and gone just before Booker arrive.  It would have been great for those two "true student athletes" to have hooked up at Stanford as folks at Friendly also always thought AM would end at a Stanford type university....  Yes, congrats to them all.

1 hour ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

For my friend JBMAD, who wasn’t impressed with Spanky this season. The kid is a flat out baller, and the most vicious hitter in the conference. https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6861276/5a138992ab92d30ce0963f05

Didn't say I wasn't impressed,  when saying he has a lot to prove meant, is he a LB or is he a safety, is he a RB or is he a WR. Also can he stay healthy for a full season. I remember watching him as a freshman and saying he was going to be o e of the better RB in the state for the next 3 years, then the fiasco happened and he lost a year. Yes he played really good this year but IMO he can do even more.

18 minutes ago, jbmad said:

Didn't say I wasn't impressed,  when saying he has a lot to prove meant, is he a LB or is he a safety, is he a RB or is he a WR. Also can he stay healthy for a full season. I remember watching him as a freshman and saying he was going to be o e of the better RB in the state for the next 3 years, then the fiasco happened and he lost a year. Yes he played really good this year but IMO he can do even more.

Oh, I definitely agree with all of that. I think he should bulk up and play linebacker next year. I think defense is where he will play at the next level. 

7 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

For my friend JBMAD, who wasn’t impressed with Spanky this season. The kid is a flat out baller, and the most vicious hitter in the conference. https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6861276/5a138992ab92d30ce0963f05

Sparky reminds me of Fogg his sophomore year. Big and fast playing safety. Definitely a big time LBer in college, should play Weakside next year to blitz off the edge.