Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RM7

Gilman

2,022 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, DayWalker said:

......  He didn't play as a freshman and JV as a sophomore at Douglass.  What he got regarding offers was what he did as a junior at Douglass and camps camp camps between his junior and senior seasons.

In fact B79, it was one of my youth ball cousin coaches who informed the Douglass football coaches that Tavon was one hell of a baller in the school they needed to make contact with to come out to play.

1 hour ago, dunkone said:

Congrats to a young man I've know since he was a kid, mack hollins on earning a super bowl ring...former walk-on as a tarheel...if you can play, you can play..

Is this the fellow who played JUCO with Cardale Jones who went on to QB Ohio State?

They went to Fork Union Military Academy together in 2011 I believe, but that's technically a prep school, not JuCo, so it doesn't affect eligibility in college.

11 minutes ago, gillytech said:

They went to Fork Union Military Academy together in 2011 I believe, but that's technically a prep school, not JuCo, so it doesn't affect eligibility in college.

Cool,,,,,I just looked it up to see it was Fork Union.  I thought Cardale went JUCO....

1 hour ago, DayWalker said:

Gigger Please....  :P

You are full of 💩...LMAO.

3 hours ago, DayWalker said:

Young transferred to Potomac from DouglassPG his senior season.  

What? ...senior transfers in public schools?...I'm shocked and dismayed. 😱

1 minute ago, Impartialfan said:

What? ...senior transfers in public schools?...I'm shocked and dismayed. 😱

Shock and dismay does fester in ignorance.  It was/is allowed in that county to play for a team where your father coach no matter where the student lives in the county.  But transportation is not provided.  Tavon wanted to play for his dad who coached him in youth ball his final year of high school.  Moreover, his father lived in the Potomac area where Tavon moved.  They were well within guidelines.  Transferring as a senior is NOT illegal Gig.

2 hours ago, DayWalker said:

Shock and dismay does fester in ignorance.  It was/is allowed in that county to play for a team where your father coach no matter where the student lives in the county.  But transportation is not provided.  Tavon wanted to play for his dad who coached him in youth ball his final year of high school.  Moreover, his father lived in the Potomac area where Tavon moved.  They were well within guidelines.  Transferring as a senior is NOT illegal Gig.

And it's also not illegal in private schools...which is my point. 

10 hours ago, dunkone said:

Congrats to a young man I've know since he was a kid, mack hollins on earning a super bowl ring...former walk-on as a tarheel...if you can play, you can play..

Hollins a Moco kid, and another Billy brown on the practice squad. 

13 hours ago, Impartialfan said:

And it's also not illegal in private schools...which is my point. 

Your Point, you had a point???  My My....it was so clear that you "..shocked and dismayed.." -- out of your typical pure ignorance -- that Young transferred to Potomac as a senior.

I 4-1-1 his journey from not initially playing high school ball his freshman year to playing JV his sophomore year, to playing varsity his junior year at Douglass, and to playing for Potomac where his father worked and with Darby his senior year.  Your so-called shocked and dismayed non-point has absolutely nothing to do with the dialog before us.  Your silly @zz rejoinder is merely a failed attempt to glean any sort of Get Back you possibly can for being repeatedly sliced and diced here by The DayWalker since you became impartial and who you are in other forms now and before private Bore Time in mid-November.  I continue to tell you that your skirt is showing and that of the likes of nHnM-GA, Bully-Downlow, Showtime, 1stDown, Tiger1012, et. al. That's my point.....that also has nothing to do with the dialog immediately before us.   :P

Edited by DayWalker

2 hours ago, DayWalker said:

Your Point, you had a point???  My My....it was so clear that you "..shocked and dismayed.." -- out of your typical pure ignorance -- that Young transferred to Potomac as a senior.

I 4-1-1 his journey from not initially playing high school ball his freshman year to playing JV his sophomore year, to playing varsity his junior year at Douglass, and to playing for Potomac where his father worked and with Darby his senior year.  Your so-called shocked and dismayed non-point has absolutely nothing to do with the dialog before us.  Your silly @zz rejoinder is merely a failed attempt to glean any sort of Get Back you possibly can for being repeatedly sliced and diced here by The DayWalker since you became impartial and who you are in other forms now and before private Bore Time in mid-November.  I continue to tell you that your skirt is showing and that of the likes of nHnM-GA, Bully-Downlow, Showtime, 1stDown, Tiger1012, et. al. That's my point.....that also has nothing to do with the dialog immediately before us.   :P

The point (not the one on the top of your head) is that the Vamp talks out of both sides of his mouth...hypocrite. 😀

17 hours ago, Oldtime said:

Hollins a Moco kid, and another Billy brown on the practice squad. 

yep, known mack since he was playing aau basketball as a kid...billy is a D2 kid, the eagles had (at one time) one of his teammates from shepherd also as an undrafted free agent...some guys may fall through the cracks but those scouts will found you no matter where you are..

But dunk, with 32 NFL teams limited to 53 on a roster, I think it takes more than they will find you.  1700 players from all everywhere can be some harsh odds....

Edited by DayWalker

Congrats to Gilman's Micah Kiser, for being drafted by the Rams. Welcome to LA young man, you will love it! Rams got a STEAL in the fourth round. 

26 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Congrats to Gilman's Micah Kiser, for being drafted by the Rams. Welcome to LA young man, you will love it! Rams got a STEAL in the fourth round. 

Congrats and good luck to the young man. 

1 hour ago, ShoNuff07 said:

Congrats and good luck to the young man. 

Meant 5th round. Rams now heve former Gilman/Good Counsel star Blake Countess, Kiser and of course Tavon. We're already the team I root for, now have a even greater reason to root for them. 

Congrats to Kiser and yes I think he definitely was a steal I thought he was a 3 rounder at best 

12 minutes ago, GOOCH said:

Congrats to Kiser and yes I think he definitely was a steal I thought he was a 3 rounder at best 

We can strike one Bmore guy off the list, Tavon was traded to the Cowboys today!! 

2 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

We can strike one Bmore guy off the list, Tavon was traded to the Cowboys today!! 

I just seen that but it’s a great move for Dallas 

15 minutes ago, GOOCH said:

I just seen that but it’s a great move for Dallas 

I agree. He needed a change of scenery as well. Sucks that I have to root for the Cowboys now. 

Posted (edited)

Today is the day Gilman is eliminated from the lacrosse playoffs by MCD, Another tough year for the Greyhounds. Recently, this program has a history of snatching defeat from the hands of victory. Lots of early predictions in the forums about the Program's rebound were thoroughly debunked. 

Edited by mop

I don't know many people who thought this year's Gilman lax squad was playoff caliber.  They have some good young talent and had more depth than recent years but aside from maybe 1-2 games it shook out pretty much like everyone I know expected.

On 5/8/2018 at 7:42 AM, mop said:

Today is the day Gilman is eliminated from the lacrosse playoffs by MCD, Another tough year for the Greyhounds. Recently, this program has a history of snatching defeat from the hands of victory. Lots of early predictions in the forums about the Program's rebound were thoroughly debunked. 

While we’re piling on Gilman, GA can you tell us how Gilman athletes performed at the Penn Relays?  Calvert Hall performed well. It’s 4X100 Relay Team set the MIAA record and finished second nationally at the Penn Relays.  The team itself finished 4-2 at MIAA meets this season losing to 1st place Gilman & 2nd place MSJ (73-72).  How in the world did CHC have such a good sprint performance with all those speedsters over on Roland Avenue?  Did Gilman attend the Penn Relays?

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, gillytech said:

That’s funny.  C’mon Gilly.  You know GA is the “authority” for all things Gilman around these parts. Either he hasn’t seen my post yet or they must not have done anything noteworthy.  However, no need for Google when GA can inform us about the Greyhounds’ latest exploits when he gets around to it.

Edited by TheGuru