Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RM7

Gilman

2,022 posts in this topic

Even though I'm sure you  already know how Gilman did at the relays, here you go:

4x100:  Gilman School  (Baltimore, MD)  43.78  Mamandy Dangnokho, Nico Gozales-Reed, Khari Jones, Darien Lawson
4x400:  Gilman School  (Baltimore, MD)  3:28.99  Keith Roberts (53.59), Eric Gibson (51.64), Wyatt Hales (53.37), Nigel Parker (50.41)
Long Jump:  Mason Freeman  Gilman School  (Baltimore, MD)  6.63m (21-9)

6 hours ago, TheGuru said:

While we’re piling on Gilman, GA can you tell us how Gilman athletes performed at the Penn Relays?  Calvert Hall performed well. It’s 4X100 Relay Team set the MIAA record and finished second nationally at the Penn Relays.  The team itself finished 4-2 at MIAA meets this season losing to 1st place Gilman & 2nd place MSJ (73-72).  How in the world did CHC have such a good sprint performance with all those speedsters over on Roland Avenue?  Did Gilman attend the Penn Relays?

Gilman is going to win the MIAA again this year as usual. And this is with their fastest guy, who is out for the year(Brandon Willis) because of a torn ACL during football season. Good, CHC broke the record, and still didn’t make the Championships of America, in any race ever. Gilman has before. 

You must have been bored. I can understand if CHC wins the MIAA or something. Breaking the 4x100 record is great, means nothing as far as Championships go. 

1 hour ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Gilman is going to win the MIAA again this year as usual. And this is with their fastest guy, who is out for the year(Brandon Willis) because of a torn ACL during football season. Good, CHC broke the record, and still didn’t make the Championships of America, in any race ever. Gilman has before. 

You must have been bored. I can understand if CHC wins the MIAA or something. Breaking the 4x100 record is great, means nothing as far as Championships go. 

Gilly, I didn’t care to know.  Just wanted to get a rise out of GA. Mission accomplished.  Like old times.  I did know that Gilman is in driver’s seat for today and Saturday’s MIAA championships.  Btw, the CHC 4X400 relay won a preliminary heat also at the Penn Relays with a time of 3:26.5 that was better than Gilman’s time.  Wow!

56 minutes ago, TheGuru said:

Gilly, I didn’t care to know.  Just wanted to get a rise out of GA. Mission accomplished.  Like old times.  I did know that Gilman is in driver’s seat for today and Saturday’s MIAA championships.  Btw, the CHC 4X400 relay won a preliminary heat also at the Penn Relays with a time of 3:26.5 that was better than Gilman’s time.  Wow!

I’m surprised they had a better time than Gilman, but Willis being out hurts their sprints all around. Just shows how good they are all around. 

Posted (edited)

23 minutes ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

I’m surprised they had a better time than Gilman, but Willis being out hurts their sprints all around. Just shows how good they are all around. 

Gilman leads after Day 1 of the MIAA Championships with 71 pts.  LB is in 2nd with 46, MSJ 3rd with 43,  CHC with 38, AC with 23 and AS with 5 pts.  All totals are unofficial.

Gilman won the high jump, 3200, & 4X800.  CHC won the 4X200 and Discus.  LB won the triple jump.

The 110 hurdles, 800, 1600, 4X100, 4X400, 100, 200, 300 hurdles, 400, long jump, pole vault and shot put will be held on Saturday at CHC.

Edited by TheGuru

1 hour ago, TheGuru said:

Gilman leads after Day 1 of the MIAA Championships with 71 pts.  LB is in 2nd with 46, MSJ 3rd with 43,  CHC with 38, AC with 23 and AS with 5 pts.  All totals are unofficial.

Gilman won the high jump, 3200, & 4X800.  CHC won the 4X200 and Discus.  LB won the triple jump.

The 110 hurdles, 800, 1600, 4X100, 4X400, 100, 200, 300 hurdles, 400, long jump, pole vault and shot put will be held on Saturday at CHC.

Thanks for the update. Impressive first day for the hounds. 

Get ready to add another banner to the Arena.... There are a lot of points still to Come.  Go Hounds!!! 

On 5/10/2018 at 4:20 AM, HoundsDad said:

Get ready to add another banner to the Arena.... There are a lot of points still to Come.  Go Hounds!!! 

Congrats to Gilman for winning another MIAA Track title. I think they’ve only loss one titile in he last decade. Truly a dynasty. Looks like MSJ and CHC has some really strong performances as well. Looks like it was a great meet. 

Nice win for Gilman.  Will always cheer for Madison.  Seems like outstanding young man that is moving on to do great things for himself and this great country at the Naval Academy.  MSJ boys looked like they were nipping at those greyhound heals with a strong 2nd.  Next up....football season and the fun begins.

4 hours ago, Bully said:

Nice win for Gilman.  Will always cheer for Madison.  Seems like outstanding young man that is moving on to do great things for himself and this great country at the Naval Academy.  MSJ boys looked like they were nipping at those greyhound heals with a strong 2nd.  Next up....football season and the fun begins.

CHC was nipping at MSJ’s heels! Gilman lost out on 10 points, when their winning 1600 meter athlete was dq’d for some reason. How the hell you get dq’d in the 1600 is pretty amazing. Gilman won’t be best in track for some years to come. Heard they had their greatest ninth grade class in school history. Full of big time athletes, who did very well on varsity. 

Look forward to football season, have no clue what Gilman will look like with the new coach, but know that MSJ will be very very strong. Expect them to be right there in second place. 

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 2:42 PM, mop said:

Today is the day Gilman is eliminated from the lacrosse playoffs by MCD, Another tough year for the Greyhounds. Recently, this program has a history of snatching defeat from the hands of victory. Lots of early predictions in the forums about the Program's rebound were thoroughly debunked. 

The talent is there for the lacrosse team for now, with high caliber talent from the middle school leaving for CHC and McDonogh due to the poor performances over the last 4 years.  F/S team only had 16-17 players on the squad, 4 years ago it was in the 30's.  Not winning is taking its toll on this once proud program.  Excellent defense for Gilman, but the ball is in their end all game bound to wear down eventually.  When is the change coming for this program?

8 hours ago, Homelessmyrearend said:

The talent is there for the lacrosse team for now, with high caliber talent from the middle school leaving for CHC and McDonogh due to the poor performances over the last 4 years.  F/S team only had 16-17 players on the squad, 4 years ago it was in the 30's.  Not winning is taking its toll on this once proud program.  Excellent defense for Gilman, but the ball is in their end all game bound to wear down eventually.  When is the change coming for this program?

They need a new coach to be honest. I watched that McD game online, and Gilman’s defense was outstanding. They have no real athletes on the offensive side of the ball. They truly need playmakers. The historically top two programs in the league, Gilman and St. Paul’s have truly feel off. 

1 hour ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

They need a new coach to be honest. I watched that McD game online, and Gilman’s defense was outstanding. They have no real athletes on the offensive side of the ball. They truly need playmakers. The historically top two programs in the league, Gilman and St. Paul’s have truly feel off. 

In lacrosse I think the historically top programs are Boys Latin, Loyola, and St. Pauls. 

3 hours ago, sparky1 said:

In lacrosse I think the historically top programs are Boys Latin, Loyola, and St. Pauls. 

You would be wrong. St. Paul’s and Gilman have the most titles. St. Paul’s with the most, Gilman with the second most. 

Posted (edited)

13 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

You would be wrong. St. Paul’s and Gilman have the most titles. St. Paul’s with the most, Gilman with the second most. 

In case anyone is interested in the number of championships won in the MSA/MIAA:

SP:  25

Gilman:  16

Loyola:  12

BL:  10

City:  9

CHC:  7

Friends:  5

Poly:  5

McD:  5

STM:  3

Severn:  3

http://laxrecords.com/maryland/

Edited by gillytech

nice research. Thanks for the info. 

22 hours ago, GREYHOUND ALUM said:

Both schools didn't make the playoffs this year... 🤔

1 hour ago, bob12345 said:

Both schools didn't make the playoffs this year... 🤔

Yeah, what’s your point? I said that the historically top two programs in the league, have fell way off. Neither making the playoffs, is exactly what I’m talking about. 

12 hours ago, gillytech said:

In case anyone is interested in the number of championships won in the MSA/MIAA:

SP:  25

Gilman:  16

Loyola:  12

BL:  10

City:  9

CHC:  7

Friends:  5

Poly:  5

McD:  5

STM:  3

Severn:  3

http://laxrecords.com/maryland/

Wouldn’t have guessed SP to lead the pack

8 minutes ago, 1stdown said:

enough with the Lacrosse talk. football is the real reason most of us are here. 

Then focus on the threads about football, which is not the purpose of this thread.