Posted 26 May 2016 - 07:47 AM

Big game tonight, TB needs to step up.

#342 cprenegade

cprenegade

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,748 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 10:39 PM

Pens lost a pivotal game, and you have to wonder if putting Fluery back in was a mistake?  I had thought all along they eventually would do that, but thought it was going to come against the Caps high powered offense.  Murray was terrible in his last game, so I suppose they didn't have much choice. 

I still figure the Pens to win it all, simply because I hate them so very much ;)  The hockey gods live to torture Caps fans.

I think you called that one right. Apparently the hockey gods do live to torture Caps fans. But seriously, who could have watched a Stanley cup between those two hotbeds of hockey, Tampa Bay and San Jose? At least Pittsburgh is more of a hockey town. How does the Lightning survive? Tampa doesn't support baseball at all and only supports their football team when they are winning. I don't know anything about San Jose's support. Maybe since they are the only major league team of any sort there they draw well. I don't know a whole lot about hockey but I do agree with your assessment. I thought Pittsburgh blew it when they wen to Fluery after Miller had one bad game. I think they are fortunate that didn't cost them the series.
You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill;
I will choose a path that's clear
I will choose freewill.

#343 alienrace

alienrace

Don't run - we are your friends!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,461 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 07:02 AM

Yeah, that move to Fluery was certainly questionable.  I'm not sure how the Lightning took this to 7 games, because they were outshot, outskated, outhit, outhustled the entire series.  It's crazy how those things go.  I do have to give the Pens some credit.  I have never seen a team so aggressive to the puck, it makes it very difficult to clear the zone even when having a man advantage.  They gamble a LOT, and seem to always get a stick in the way in passing lanes. 

That said, I think their luck runs out against the Sharks.

The time has come for a centrist political party. Rational Americans are not comfortable with extreme views to the left or to the right, and our current parties have no intentions of ever abandoning their ever increasing distance from sane, reasonable thinking.

#344 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,163 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 08:22 PM

Pulling for Joel ward .....
They've got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

FairTax - because the Government shouldn't use the tax code to pick the winners and losers ........

#345 cprenegade

cprenegade

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,748 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 10:31 PM

Even though the Sharks got the win they needed to keep hope alive, I still see the Penguins winning the Stanley cup. They are the more aggressive team, they take more shots, and they are the quicker team. The goalies seem to be about even to me, although it does look like Murray can be beaten if you get elevation on the puck. Still, I can't see the Sharks beating them 3 out of the next 4 games, 2 of which would have to be in Pittsburgh.
You can choose a ready guide in some celestial voice.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.
You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill;
I will choose a path that's clear
I will choose freewill.

#346 alienrace

alienrace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,461 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 08:50 AM

Even though the Sharks got the win they needed to keep hope alive, I still see the Penguins winning the Stanley cup. They are the more aggressive team, they take more shots, and they are the quicker team. The goalies seem to be about even to me, although it does look like Murray can be beaten if you get elevation on the puck. Still, I can't see the Sharks beating them 3 out of the next 4 games, 2 of which would have to be in Pittsburgh.

I tend to agree.  The Penguins are super aggressive, and can use their speed to make up for when it backfires, which suprisingly, just hasn't happened to often.  They pressure and gamble like no team I can recall, and always, always seem to get a stick in the way when they do it.  Some of it is just the hockey gods smiling on them, because frankly you usually get burnt at least a few times a game playing like this, but you really have to tip your hat to them because they are playing loose, aggressive, and putting all of their chips in.  Murray is the wild card, because at times he's looked like a rookie but gotten extremely lucky with near misses or more often, his teammates bunching up around him and protecting him with tons of blocks.  It's a tough order for the Sharks though, much like the Caps they are physical and heavy, but they don't have the speed of the Pens(no one does). 

The time has come for a centrist political party. Rational Americans are not comfortable with extreme views to the left or to the right, and our current parties have no intentions of ever abandoning their ever increasing distance from sane, reasonable thinking.

#347 AlluvialFan

AlluvialFan

RIP America 1776 -- 2016 Death ruled suicide

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,096 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 08:37 PM

PIT is simply the superior team here.

#348 ms maggie

ms maggie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38,605 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 10:45 PM

PIT is simply the superior team here.

Murray is damn good. But the Pens are excellent at blocking shots.

For my money Tampa gave the Pens the biggest challenge.

#349 alienrace

alienrace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,461 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 09:18 AM

Murray is damn good. But the Pens are excellent at blocking shots.

For my money Tampa gave the Pens the biggest challenge.

They took them to 7, yes, but the Caps series was much closer overall.  Had the Pens not withstood the barrage in Game 3, it may have gone the other way.

#350 ms maggie

ms maggie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38,605 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 09:25 AM

They took them to 7, yes, but the Caps series was much closer overall.  Had the Pens not withstood the barrage in Game 3, it may have gone the other way.

Don't agree. TB goalie was unbelievably tough. No matter I guess.

#351 AlluvialFan

AlluvialFan

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,096 posts

Posted 09 June 2016 - 09:56 PM

Looks like it's going to game 6, in San Jose.

#352 AlluvialFan

AlluvialFan

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,096 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 10:06 PM

And it's over, congrats Pens

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users