• Please log in to reply
351 replies to this topic

#21 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,122 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 10:23 AM

I was kind of half watching the game and got a little worried when it went to 2-2.  Then in the blink of an eye it was 4-2.

Stretch will be interesting with Was, Pit and NYI all real close.

#22 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,163 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 11:22 AM

We are playing well at the right time .....

Need to keep it going .....
They've got a name for the winners in the world
I want a name when I lose
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

FairTax - because the Government shouldn't use the tax code to pick the winners and losers ........

#23 Bowie-Bruce

Bowie-Bruce

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,861 posts

Posted 01 April 2015 - 03:08 PM

Unfortunately, Caps fans are all too familiar that there's a world of difference in playing well during the regular season compared to that time when Lord Stanley gets involved.

Heaven is under our feet as well as over our heads.
--Thoreau

#24 alienrace

alienrace

Don't run - we are your friends!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,461 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 01:05 PM

Unfortunately, Caps fans are all too familiar that there's a world of difference in playing well during the regular season compared to that time when Lord Stanley gets involved.

Ugg.  Yup.

The time has come for a centrist political party. Rational Americans are not comfortable with extreme views to the left or to the right, and our current parties have no intentions of ever abandoning their ever increasing distance from sane, reasonable thinking.

#25 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,163 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 05:23 PM

Big game tonight ... .

Possible preview of first round playoff match up ....
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

FairTax - because the Government shouldn't use the tax code to pick the winners and losers ........

#26 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,163 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 07:18 PM

interesting 1st period with suban shadowing ovi where ever he goes ......

2 big dudes starting to get testy .....

nice penalty kill but we need to pull the trigger on some shots and not try to make that perfect pass ....

Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

#27 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,163 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 07:55 PM

nice ....... 

ward ties it up .....

Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

#28 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,163 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 08:05 PM

yea !!!!! .....

what a goal to break the franchise record and take the lead by ovi ......

Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

#29 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,163 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 09:00 PM

yes ......

ovi ties it up !!!!

good game .....

Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

#30 alienrace

alienrace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,461 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 08:18 AM

This was one of the most exciting games of the year, and biggest wins.  Ovi was a monster the entire game.  Was hoping he'd be the one to win the shootout, but I'll settle for Brouwer pulling it off :D

The time has come for a centrist political party. Rational Americans are not comfortable with extreme views to the left or to the right, and our current parties have no intentions of ever abandoning their ever increasing distance from sane, reasonable thinking.

#31 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,163 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 08:49 AM

That was a great game .....

Moving up in the playoff standings and knocking pittsburgh down to the wc made it nicer .....

Playing well at the right time beating the 2 top teams in the east in the last 2 weeks of the season .....
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

#32 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,122 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 08:57 AM

Didn't see much of the game, but the results are good.

#33 alienrace

alienrace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,461 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 09:09 AM

Playing well at the right time beating the 2 top teams in the east in the last 2 weeks of the season .....

This is what I think is showing that this team is *not* the S.O.C(Same Old Caps).  Trotz is a great, and different kind of coach.  He is getting the best out of each player.  Ovi is playing pretty decent defense too. 

What I like about this team the most though, is Braden Holtby.  He's quickly become a top-5 goalie in the NFL, and has saved this team a number of times when they've had the occasional defensive lapse(which this year is far more rare than last year).  In years past, each time the Caps scored, you just had this feeling that the other team was going to score almost right away, because, well, they would.  Now you have a much more disciplined team, with an outstanding goalie and they are able to make leads hold. 

One thing that is frustrating in the NHL though, is the officiating.  Home teams constantly get the calls.  Last night, provided some exceptional illustration of *that*.  Caps up 4-3, and Glencross gets shoved in the back by a Hab, and falls into Price.  Goalie interference on the Caps, and Montreal gets a PP that leads to the tying score.  That was utterly ridiculous and unacceptable.  Meanwhile, after that, on at least two, maybe three occasions, the Habs held, hooked, and tripped Caps with no call, but you can best believe had the teams been reversed in those situations, that the Habs would have gotten more PP's to close the game out.  Something needs to be done about the home-cooked officiating that goes on throughout the NHL.  It's like they have specific "quotas" that the home team needs x amount of PP's or something.  SMDH.

#34 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,163 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 07:32 AM

Can clinch tonight ......
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

#35 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,163 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 07:41 AM

This is what I think is showing that this team is *not* the S.O.C(Same Old Caps). Trotz is a great, and different kind of coach. He is getting the best out of each player. Ovi is playing pretty decent defense too.

What I like about this team the most though, is Braden Holtby. He's quickly become a top-5 goalie in the NFL, and has saved this team a number of times when they've had the occasional defensive lapse(which this year is far more rare than last year). In years past, each time the Caps scored, you just had this feeling that the other team was going to score almost right away, because, well, they would. Now you have a much more disciplined team, with an outstanding goalie and they are able to make leads hold.

One thing that is frustrating in the NHL though, is the officiating. Home teams constantly get the calls. Last night, provided some exceptional illustration of *that*. Caps up 4-3, and Glencross gets shoved in the back by a Hab, and falls into Price. Goalie interference on the Caps, and Montreal gets a PP that leads to the tying score. That was utterly ridiculous and unacceptable. Meanwhile, after that, on at least two, maybe three occasions, the Habs held, hooked, and tripped Caps with no call, but you can best believe had the teams been reversed in those situations, that the Habs would have gotten more PP's to close the game out. Something needs to be done about the home-cooked officiating that goes on throughout the NHL. It's like they have specific "quotas" that the home team needs x amount of PP's or something. SMDH.

And the Habs almost got away with that 1 flagrant hooking penalty. ....

They only called it when he did it a second time .....

Holby is playing great and you need a hot goalie this time of year ....

There was a good article in the post a few weeks back taking a look at the caps rep as playoff chokers .....

It's been frustrating as hell but the reality was that in the majority of times the higher ranked team won .....

I was at College Park when they were getting started 40 years ago and they used to come on campus and give away tickets just to get people in the seats ;).....

Lot more fun and a tougher ticket now ....

At least we are in again after the one year gap last year .....
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

#36 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,163 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 08:32 PM

Hanging in there ......

Down 3 0 in 1st now 3 2 in the 3rd......

Dang have to keep flipping to wisc beating up on UK .....

Edited by Eastside Terp, 04 April 2015 - 08:32 PM.

Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

#37 Eastside Terp

Eastside Terp

Fairtax & Term Limits

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30,163 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 08:47 PM

Caps tie it up ...
Call me Deacon Blues
~WB & DF

#38 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,122 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 12:48 PM

Playoffs secured.  Keep the momentum going.

#39 alienrace

alienrace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,461 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 12:51 PM

Playoffs secured.  Keep the momentum going.

Definitely want to see them close out second in the Metro div.  They are playing very well right now. 

#40 Kawalimus

Kawalimus

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,706 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 11:35 AM

They did good to secure a top 3 spot in the division despite playing a brutal schedule for their last 10 games. That nashville game was pretty poor(of course that's the one I decided to watch!) but they've given me hope they can make it through the first round. Beating the Rangers in a 7-game series is a long shot (and man am I sick of that matchup in the playoffs!) but that's how you finish out a season. Could have easily wound up out of it with that schedule. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users