Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
johnpolitics

Stupid social media post by an LPN in NY Melissa Springston

8 posts in this topic

I saw this on linkedin and had to laugh. Don't people realize that future employers check social media before hiring people for jobs, even in New York State. I can't imagine what other dumb things she has posted over the years. 

I am an overqualified LPN nurse in the state of NY. As an LPN I was able to work as a charge nurse at a dual diagnostic unit in MA and I also worked as a correctional nurse. IN Denver I was the charge nurse at a Methadone clinic, unfortunately NYS does not see LPN's as being competent so I am working thru a local nurse agency.
Also I like to add if my ex step-daughter and my ex husband's wanna be wife continues to cyber stalk me thru my Linkin account I will be more then happy to get a restraining order against them! They are apparently too stupid to realize that there is a history of the people who check out my profile!

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/melissa-springston/53/852/90b

Troy

Edited by johnpolitics

That's why I don't use Any "Social Media". Facebook, No, Twitter, No, Linkedin, No, Text, once in a while. Here on these forums, a couple other News sites fourms I might throw my 2 cents in now and then. Trip Advisor and FARK are about the only other places anyone can find my fingerprints. I don't "Like" Anyone. I have no use for "Social Media".

Edited by Bartman

That's why I don't use Any "Social Media". Facebook, No, Twitter, No, Linkedin, No, Text, once in a while. Here on these forums, a couple other News sites fourms I might throw my 2 cents in now and then. Trip Advisor and FARK are about the only other places anyone can find my fingerprints. I don't "Like" Anyone. I have no use for "Social Media".

I've had nice job offers from my linkedin profile ......

most folks aren't looking in the newspaper for jobs these days .....

I get way better response dealing with large companies like verizon on twitter than waiting on hold for an eternity ....

as much as you complain about your situation, you should learn the difference between the various type and how to use them .....

62 now and just don't need it. As far as Jobs, I'll likely have this one till I drop, this is it now. I've seen Fb, I don't need it. I Made websites for several years as a sideline for 1/2 a dozen places in the 90's up to like 2002 or 3 with MS Front Page then Dreamweaver and I know all about FTP and Hosting and DNS servers and all that. Years ago a kid at work said "Let me show you My website!" and showed me his MySpace page. I told him that's a bunch of Crap! After a while It started taking too much of my time and it took the Fun out of it for me after a while so I Quit it. I had some time in the Sun doing it but I let it go. Once it was a big deal to run sites but no one cares anymore. I could run a Blog site like Ernie's EHOWA that I've followed for years but I don't feel like wasting my Time on it all anymore. I spend enough time here and on FARK and pretty much just look at News on the 'net anymore. Mostly I use the web now just to DL shows & movies I search for on Usenet. My Phone is used 99% as just a Phone. One friend texts me almost every day. I look at them & delete them. It's just I'm doing this and I'm doing that, OK fine, I rarely answer them. Maybe he'll get the message sooner or later maybe not. Gal Friend texts me during the week, Her I'll answer! If you want to Talk to me friggin' Call me! Just don't feel any Need to be Connected all the time with people I don't really know or care about.

OK, Sat AM, gotta get dressed & go food shopping, then get on my Kerbal Space Program for a few hours then I've got a few DVDs to Burn today for some friends B4 my Sat Nite Out. Later...

Edited by Bartman

62 now and just don't need it. As far as Jobs, I'll likely have this one till I drop, this is it now. I've seen Fb, I don't need it. I Made websites for several years as a sideline for 1/2 a dozen places in the 90's up to like 2002 or 3 with MS Front Page then Dreamweaver and I know all about FTP and Hosting and DNS servers and all that. Years ago a kid at work said "Let me show you My website!" and showed me his MySpace page. I told him that's a bunch of Crap! After a while It started taking too much of my time and it took the Fun out of it for me after a while so I Quit it. I had some time in the Sun doing it but I let it go. Once it was a big deal to run sites but no one cares anymore. I could run a Blog site like Ernie's EHOWA that I've followed for years but I don't feel like wasting my Time on it all anymore. I spend enough time here and on FARK and pretty much just look at News on the 'net anymore. Mostly I use the web now just to DL shows & movies I search for on Usenet. My Phone is used 99% as just a Phone. One friend texts me almost every day. I look at them & delete them. It's just I'm doing this and I'm doing that, OK fine, I rarely answer them. Maybe he'll get the message sooner or later maybe not. Gal Friend texts me during the week, Her I'll answer! If you want to Talk to me friggin' Call me! Just don't feel any Need to be Connected all the time with people I don't really know or care about.

OK, Sat AM, gotta get dressed & go food shopping, then get on my Kerbal Space Program for a few hours then I've got a few DVDs to Burn today for some friends B4 my Sat Nite Out. Later...

And nothing you said addresses what I said which is all social media is not the same and some of them are valuable tools ......

As to the others, if I didn't have kids and an 80+ yo dad, I wouldnt be on them......

With kids in 3 states and my dad on fb, its a great way to share pictures and keep in touch and I limit my friends to family and no one from work .....

You share a lot of your personal life on here including pics and videos so you are treating this like social media .....

Doesn't sound like you have kids or you would be texting .....

Connor Riley was offered a prime job at Cisco but was torn about the commute. So naturally she tweeted about it. “Cisco just offered me a job! Now I have to weigh the utility of a fatty paycheck against the daily commute to San Jose and hating work.” Guess who didn’t get the job?