Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SemiAuto

Fear the Walking Dead.

100 posts in this topic

The spin-off/prequel for TWD. Apparently we get to see what Rick slept through as it goes down in LA. So we only have to wait till summer to get our zombie apocalypse fix.

The spin-off/prequel for TWD. Apparently we get to see what Rick slept through as it goes down in LA. So we only have to wait till summer to get our zombie apocalypse fix.

It's a nice addition to the series. I just hope it doesn't give me Zombie apocalypse overkill.

It's a nice addition to the series. I just hope it doesn't give me Zombie apocalypse overkill.

There was the one flash back episode where we saw Shane try to rescue Rick from the hospital.  I though that was a pretty good one as we got to see how bad it got.  They could get a lot of dramatic material out of that but once they get through that then it might be a bit repetitive.  I'd be okay if it were only a 1-2 season show just to tell that story.  

I lost interest in the series the second season. They stayed on that farm too damn long for me.

I lost interest in the series the second season. They stayed on that farm too damn long for me.

It got better at the end of Season 4

I'm getting excited. The best thing is that Season 6 of TWD begins shortly after FTWD ends

I'm getting excited. The best thing is that Season 6 of TWD begins shortly after FTWD ends

It will always be zombie walker time!

What does it say about us being 'stoked' for a show, that if it really happened, would be an unmitigated tragedy? Not that it matters. I'll be watching.

It will always be zombie walker time!

What does it say about us being 'stoked' for a show, that if it really happened, would be an unmitigated tragedy? Not that it matters. I'll be watching.

There's something about fictional human suffering that makes us feel a little better about the screwed up world we live in :)

Next Family Funeral I go to, I want to take my Gal. I'll grab her and shove her face in there right next to one of my Dead Uncles or Aunts face and say "LOOK, They're Dead! They're NOT gonna get back Up!".

I just can't watch Zombie or any kind of Ghost or Haunting Crap. Gals seem to like it though, I don't get Why.

Next Family Funeral I go to, I want to take my Gal. I'll grab her and shove her face in there right next to one of my Dead Uncles or Aunts face and say "LOOK, They're Dead! They're NOT gonna get back Up!".

I just can't watch Zombie or any kind of Ghost or Haunting Crap. Gals seem to like it though, I don't get Why.

Pssst... The Walking Dead isn't so much about the zombies as it is about coping with disaster and the collapse of civilization and what it does to people.

"Just look at the flowers." Yikes!

Solid pilot episode. More cinematic and realistic than the original Walking Dead in my opinion. 

I'm interested in seeing what bad decisions led to the world getting taken over by the dead 

I agree, soulflower, but I wonder if they will reveal the origins of the virus. 

We thoroughly enjoyed it! 

I thought it was pretty good considering one of the challenges the show has to get around. That being, we, the viewers, know what is happening while the characters do not. It takes the suspense out of it.

Definitely a good start.  Looks like the stuff is gonna hit the fan pretty soon, zombies already out on the loose in various cities.

Looks like actor Reuben Blades is will be a major character on the show. Pretty solid cast

Yeah, well, The Walking Dead is known for killing off characters.

David Morrissey played one of the best antagonists of the show. The flashback scenes in season 5 was a great piece of writing.

Best highlight: Alicia watching the 'youtube' of the police shooting the zombie and saying it has to be a fake.

Worst lowlight: who investigates a shooting gallery in the middle of the night, alone? And fix your damn truck windshield!

Most dramatic moment: when the drug dealer took Nick for a ride to kill him.

Edited by SemiAuto

A solid episode for the most part. Things are starting to seriously fall apart.

Best highlight: the protest over shooting the homeless guy. I thought the homeless guy was going to turn and get up. That would have freaked the crowd out.

Worst lowlight: Madison and Tobias. You just killed a walker so it should be pretty clear to you that the crap has hit the fan. So what do you do with all the food your were going to steal? Leave it behind.

Most dramatic moment: begging to be let into the barber shop and some of the scenes afterwards. One of the best ways to keep suspense going is to keep the cause of it off screen.

And now we get a two week break. Labor Day weekend? Who knows. Really, do the beach go-ers not have access to a TV?

Edited by SemiAuto

I love it, other than too many teenagers running around  :)

I have to admit that there is one character I am getting to dislike.

A solid episode for the most part. Things are starting to seriously fall apart.

Best highlight: the protest over shooting the homeless guy. I thought the homeless guy was going to turn and get up. That would have freaked the crowd out.

Worst lowlight: Madison and Tobias. You just killed a walker so it should be pretty clear to you that the crap has hit the fan. So what do you do with all the food your were going to steal? Leave it behind.

Most dramatic moment: begging to be let into the barber shop and some of the scenes afterwards. One of the best ways to keep suspense going is to keep the cause of it off screen.

And now we get a two week break. Labor Day weekend? Who knows. Really, do the beach go-ers not have access to a TV?

I noticed they left the food behind too.

Some of the decisions so far in the editing of the show give me the impression that it might've been done too hastily.

I do expect the sheet to hit the fan in the next episode based on this clip:

I have to admit that there is one character I am getting to dislike.

Madison? (The mom/guidance counselor)

I was disappointed in how she did nothing to help her neighbor who was getting attacked by her husband who had turned.