99 replies to this topic

#1 SemiAuto

SemiAuto

The cake is a lie.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41,926 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 03:50 PM

The spin-off/prequel for TWD. Apparently we get to see what Rick slept through as it goes down in LA. So we only have to wait till summer to get our zombie apocalypse fix.

#2 soulflower

soulflower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67,846 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 07:00 PM

The spin-off/prequel for TWD. Apparently we get to see what Rick slept through as it goes down in LA. So we only have to wait till summer to get our zombie apocalypse fix.

It's a nice addition to the series. I just hope it doesn't give me Zombie apocalypse overkill.
"...reality has a well-known liberal bias"

#3 CycleGeek

CycleGeek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,570 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 06:04 AM

I'm stoked! 

#4 SemiAuto

SemiAuto

The cake is a lie.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41,926 posts

Posted 31 March 2015 - 11:31 AM

It's a nice addition to the series. I just hope it doesn't give me Zombie apocalypse overkill.

There was the one flash back episode where we saw Shane try to rescue Rick from the hospital.  I though that was a pretty good one as we got to see how bad it got.  They could get a lot of dramatic material out of that but once they get through that then it might be a bit repetitive.  I'd be okay if it were only a 1-2 season show just to tell that story.  

#5 bullmikey

bullmikey

What, Me Worry?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,821 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 11:20 AM

I lost interest in the series the second season. They stayed on that farm too damn long for me.

“Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.”
__ Robert E. Howard, The Tower of the Elephant

#6 soulflower

soulflower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67,846 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:04 AM

I lost interest in the series the second season. They stayed on that farm too damn long for me.

It got better at the end of Season 4

#7 SemiAuto

SemiAuto

The cake is a lie.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41,926 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 03:49 PM

Mark your calendar: August 23rd.

#8 SemiAuto

SemiAuto

The cake is a lie.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41,926 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 11:51 AM

That would be this Sunday. Just sayin...

#9 soulflower

soulflower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67,846 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 03:08 PM

I'm getting excited. The best thing is that Season 6 of TWD begins shortly after FTWD ends

#10 SemiAuto

SemiAuto

The cake is a lie.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41,926 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 10:52 AM

I'm getting excited. The best thing is that Season 6 of TWD begins shortly after FTWD ends

It will always be zombie walker time!

What does it say about us being 'stoked' for a show, that if it really happened, would be an unmitigated tragedy? Not that it matters. I'll be watching.

#11 soulflower

soulflower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67,846 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 01:19 PM

It will always be zombie walker time!

What does it say about us being 'stoked' for a show, that if it really happened, would be an unmitigated tragedy? Not that it matters. I'll be watching.

There's something about fictional human suffering that makes us feel a little better about the screwed up world we live in :)

#12 Bartman

Bartman

General Irritant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts
  • LocationBaltimore City

Posted 19 August 2015 - 08:58 AM

Next Family Funeral I go to, I want to take my Gal. I'll grab her and shove her face in there right next to one of my Dead Uncles or Aunts face and say "LOOK, They're Dead! They're NOT gonna get back Up!".

I just can't watch Zombie or any kind of Ghost or Haunting Crap. Gals seem to like it though, I don't get Why.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Don't try to tell me that what I see with my own two eyes ISN'T what I'm seeing with my own two eyes!

#13 SemiAuto

SemiAuto

The cake is a lie.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41,926 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 09:13 AM

Next Family Funeral I go to, I want to take my Gal. I'll grab her and shove her face in there right next to one of my Dead Uncles or Aunts face and say "LOOK, They're Dead! They're NOT gonna get back Up!".

I just can't watch Zombie or any kind of Ghost or Haunting Crap. Gals seem to like it though, I don't get Why.

Pssst... The Walking Dead isn't so much about the zombies as it is about coping with disaster and the collapse of civilization and what it does to people.

"Just look at the flowers." Yikes!

#14 soulflower

soulflower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67,846 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 09:50 PM

Solid pilot episode. More cinematic and realistic than the original Walking Dead in my opinion. 

I'm interested in seeing what bad decisions led to the world getting taken over by the dead 

#15 com6063

com6063

Working out my salvation in fear and trembling.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,897 posts
  • LocationDark side of a bog

Posted 24 August 2015 - 07:52 AM

I agree, soulflower, but I wonder if they will reveal the origins of the virus. 

We thoroughly enjoyed it! 

"Pray, hope, and don't worry." — St. Padre Pio of Pietrelcina

#16 SemiAuto

SemiAuto

The cake is a lie.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41,926 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 09:35 AM

I thought it was pretty good considering one of the challenges the show has to get around. That being, we, the viewers, know what is happening while the characters do not. It takes the suspense out of it.

#17 alienrace

alienrace

Don't run - we are your friends!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,368 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 09:54 AM

Definitely a good start.  Looks like the stuff is gonna hit the fan pretty soon, zombies already out on the loose in various cities.

The time has come for a centrist political party. Rational Americans are not comfortable with extreme views to the left or to the right, and our current parties have no intentions of ever abandoning their ever increasing distance from sane, reasonable thinking.

#18 soulflower

soulflower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67,846 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 10:19 AM

Looks like actor Reuben Blades is will be a major character on the show. Pretty solid cast

#19 SemiAuto

SemiAuto

The cake is a lie.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41,926 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 10:44 AM

Yeah, well, The Walking Dead is known for killing off characters.

David Morrissey played one of the best antagonists of the show. The flashback scenes in season 5 was a great piece of writing.

#20 SemiAuto

SemiAuto

The cake is a lie.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41,926 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 09:50 AM

Best highlight: Alicia watching the 'youtube' of the police shooting the zombie and saying it has to be a fake.
Worst lowlight: who investigates a shooting gallery in the middle of the night, alone? And fix your damn truck windshield!

Most dramatic moment: when the drug dealer took Nick for a ride to kill him.

Edited by SemiAuto, 25 August 2015 - 09:52 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users