Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SemiAuto

Fear the Walking Dead.

100 posts in this topic

Yeah, the kids are still annoying and incredibly stupid, but they are at least learning some things that the adults seem to be unwilling to learn. 

The Asian girl from Flight 462 I think will return, and I think she knows something.  She is also incredibly ruthless. 

Strand's status as Captain is being challenged even more.  Travis seems to understand the rules of captainhood better than the others.  "My boat, MY rules".  As a fellow Captain, I understand Strand's frustration at the petulant ingrates :)

Things I've learned from FTWD so far:

- In the Zombie apocalypse, you don't want teenagers in your group of survivors

- Living humans are more dangerous than zombies

- Even arrogant a-holes like Strand can be vulnerable and have a heart

Loved Strand's back story, and love that they are doing Lost-style backstories.  Strand is a really interesting guy, and yeah, he's kinda like the Grinch, he's got a little heart in there, but it does exist.  Madison is clearly much more complex than originally thought.  Something is really kind of off about her.  Nick is starting to grow on me, he's adapting much faster than anyone else, and his redemption tour continues. 

I'm wondering what they're gonna find if and when they reach Abigail's compound. 

Kind of a "meh" episode last night overall, but Daniel hearing voices in his head is rather interesting.  Chris is losing it...

I thought it was a solid episode. Seems like they won't reach Mexico til the midseason finale though. That kind of blows because I'm already getting tired of the whole Yacht trip... 

Last night was probably the best episode so far this season. Great intro with the church scene.

The Ceilia character is really creepy and interesting.

Edited by soulflower

Last night was probably the best episode so far this season. Great intro with the church scene.

Keeping walkers you "care about" was kind of a rip off from the Walking Dead when they kept them in the barn. 

Keeping walkers you "care about" was kind of a rip off from the Walking Dead when they kept them in the barn.

I agree. I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing to have some overlapping themes.

Celia is a combination of Hershel and Lizzie. I think she may be more on the crazy side like Lizzie.

Man, totally agree!  What a creepy, disturbing episode.  Definitely some parallels to Herschel and how he felt about walkers.  The Chris stuff is pure psychotic thriller now...very very creepy.

Pretty good midseason finale

I like how the people on this show are getting darker faster than the characters on the original Walking Dead.

Strand now looks like the only normal character

I guess Daniel is dead or a charred Zombie now?

Edited by soulflower

I don't think Daniel is dead, the producer said afterwards that in their minds, he is not.  That doesn't mean they can't change their minds though, as we really have no idea if he got out or not.

The Chris story is becoming fascinating, how he's turning into this evil monster that he cannot control.  Nick is batshyte crazy too. 

I don't think Daniel is dead, the producer said afterwards that in their minds, he is not. That doesn't mean they can't change their minds though, as we really have no idea if he got out or not.

The Chris story is becoming fascinating, how he's turning into this evil monster that he cannot control. Nick is batshyte crazy too.

Celia might be alive. We never saw her dead body.

It would be extremely an bad gimmick if Daniel is still alive. He should have been eaten by one of the Zombies if not burnt alive.

You have to expect that the mental and emotional trauma of the Zombie Apocalypse would drive some people Mad pretty quickly but I didn't expect the translations of these characters to happen this fast

Edited by soulflower

I didn't really enjoy the whole episode focusing on Nick. I get what they were trying to do which is show why Nick can't make it on his own. I just don't think it was a good use of 45-50 minutes.

The dudes in the jeep scene wasn't even remotely believable.  Let's just stand here as a mob of zombies approach and slowly pick them off and attempt to reload our weapons.  Definitely can't run or move back 100 feet.

Holy bloody hell the 2 hour season finale was insanely good!  This show is really doing a terrific job in showing how the world is just going completely batshyte crazy and devolving into the world we see in The Walking Dead. 

Holy bloody hell the 2 hour season finale was insanely good!  This show is really doing a terrific job in showing how the world is just going completely batshyte crazy and devolving into the world we see in The Walking Dead. 

Finished this weekend.  Things definitely got better after the first few episodes after the break.  Don't make Travis angry.

I think the murder of Glen came as a huge surprise. Clearly the most gruesomest Walking Dead show so far IMO. Rick was broken badly. Can't wait to see what Rick does to Negen.