99 replies to this topic

#81 alienrace

alienrace

Don't run - we are your friends!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,368 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 01:37 PM

Kind of a "meh" episode last night overall, but Daniel hearing voices in his head is rather interesting.  Chris is losing it...

The time has come for a centrist political party. Rational Americans are not comfortable with extreme views to the left or to the right, and our current parties have no intentions of ever abandoning their ever increasing distance from sane, reasonable thinking.

#82 soulflower

soulflower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67,878 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 07:49 PM

Kind of a "meh" episode last night overall, but Daniel hearing voices in his head is rather interesting.  Chris is losing it...

I thought it was a solid episode. Seems like they won't reach Mexico til the midseason finale though. That kind of blows because I'm already getting tired of the whole Yacht trip... 

"...reality has a well-known liberal bias"

#83 soulflower

soulflower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67,878 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 07:34 AM

Last night was probably the best episode so far this season. Great intro with the church scene.

The Ceilia character is really creepy and interesting.

Edited by soulflower, 16 May 2016 - 08:03 AM.

#84 com6063

com6063

Working out my salvation in fear and trembling.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,900 posts
  • LocationDark side of a bog

Posted 16 May 2016 - 12:05 PM

Last night was probably the best episode so far this season. Great intro with the church scene.

Keeping walkers you "care about" was kind of a rip off from the Walking Dead when they kept them in the barn. 

"Pray, hope, and don't worry." — St. Padre Pio of Pietrelcina

#85 soulflower

soulflower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67,878 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 02:56 PM

Keeping walkers you "care about" was kind of a rip off from the Walking Dead when they kept them in the barn.

I agree. I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing to have some overlapping themes.

Celia is a combination of Hershel and Lizzie. I think she may be more on the crazy side like Lizzie.

#86 alienrace

alienrace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,368 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 12:09 PM

Man, totally agree!  What a creepy, disturbing episode.  Definitely some parallels to Herschel and how he felt about walkers.  The Chris stuff is pure psychotic thriller now...very very creepy.

The time has come for a centrist political party. Rational Americans are not comfortable with extreme views to the left or to the right, and our current parties have no intentions of ever abandoning their ever increasing distance from sane, reasonable thinking.

#87 soulflower

soulflower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67,878 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 01:41 PM

Pretty good midseason finale

I like how the people on this show are getting darker faster than the characters on the original Walking Dead.

Strand now looks like the only normal character

I guess Daniel is dead or a charred Zombie now?

Edited by soulflower, 23 May 2016 - 01:42 PM.

#88 alienrace

alienrace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,368 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 08:42 AM

I don't think Daniel is dead, the producer said afterwards that in their minds, he is not.  That doesn't mean they can't change their minds though, as we really have no idea if he got out or not.

The Chris story is becoming fascinating, how he's turning into this evil monster that he cannot control.  Nick is batshyte crazy too. 

#89 soulflower

soulflower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67,878 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 12:05 PM

I don't think Daniel is dead, the producer said afterwards that in their minds, he is not. That doesn't mean they can't change their minds though, as we really have no idea if he got out or not.

The Chris story is becoming fascinating, how he's turning into this evil monster that he cannot control. Nick is batshyte crazy too.

Celia might be alive. We never saw her dead body.

It would be extremely an bad gimmick if Daniel is still alive. He should have been eaten by one of the Zombies if not burnt alive.

You have to expect that the mental and emotional trauma of the Zombie Apocalypse would drive some people Mad pretty quickly but I didn't expect the translations of these characters to happen this fast

Edited by soulflower, 24 May 2016 - 12:07 PM.

#90 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,858 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 07:29 AM

Figures they would (likely) kill off the best character.  Nick and Chris are annoying at best.

#91 soulflower

soulflower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67,878 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 05:31 AM

https://youtu.be/RtAyQeDygaM

#92 com6063

com6063

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,900 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 01:52 PM

I think the season premiere is tonight.

#93 com6063

com6063

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 19,900 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 07:38 AM

My son and I really enjoyed the premiere! Good to have the spotlight on my favorite character.

#94 soulflower

soulflower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67,878 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 07:51 AM

I didn't really enjoy the whole episode focusing on Nick. I get what they were trying to do which is show why Nick can't make it on his own. I just don't think it was a good use of 45-50 minutes.

#95 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,858 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 11:39 AM

I didn't really enjoy the whole episode focusing on Nick. I get what they were trying to do which is show why Nick can't make it on his own. I just don't think it was a good use of 45-50 minutes.

The dudes in the jeep scene wasn't even remotely believable.  Let's just stand here as a mob of zombies approach and slowly pick them off and attempt to reload our weapons.  Definitely can't run or move back 100 feet.

#96 soulflower

soulflower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67,878 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 12:33 PM

After last night's snoozer I'm close to giving up on FTWD. The characters are just not interesting enough to support the slow pacing of the show...

#97 alienrace

alienrace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,368 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 10:20 AM

Last episode was crazy good!

#98 alienrace

alienrace

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28,368 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 09:25 AM

Holy bloody hell the 2 hour season finale was insanely good!  This show is really doing a terrific job in showing how the world is just going completely batshyte crazy and devolving into the world we see in The Walking Dead. 

#99 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,858 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 07:50 AM

Holy bloody hell the 2 hour season finale was insanely good!  This show is really doing a terrific job in showing how the world is just going completely batshyte crazy and devolving into the world we see in The Walking Dead. 

Finished this weekend.  Things definitely got better after the first few episodes after the break.  Don't make Travis angry.

#100 flyboy56

flyboy56

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,433 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 06:05 AM

I think the murder of Glen came as a huge surprise. Clearly the most gruesomest Walking Dead show so far IMO. Rick was broken badly. Can't wait to see what Rick does to Negen. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users