26 replies to this topic

#21 bullmikey

bullmikey

What, Me Worry?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,821 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 02:11 PM

While watching the series it is important to keep one important rule in mind: anyone can die, anytime, and without warning.
“Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.”
__ Robert E. Howard, The Tower of the Elephant

#22 bullmikey

bullmikey

What, Me Worry?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 29,821 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 02:16 PM

The whole Brienne and Podrick looking for Sansa and Arya in book four was a slog. B & P's countryside tour of the poor, down trodden, and cut throats. Other than where she ended up it was quite a bore. The same goes for Sam Tarly & Co. trip to where ever the hell the maesters train. The same goes for Bran & Co. trip to where the wild things live. Long and slow moving with a cliff hanger at the end.

It reminds me of a line from Firefly, "Dear Diary: Today I was pompous and my sister was crazy. Today we were kidnapped by hill folk, never to be seen again. It was the best day ever."

I'm surprised they didn't reveal what Brienne and Podrick stumbled onto at the end of their really boring quest. It would have been a great season clincher. I wonder if they're just going to drop that whole plot line as just too extreme to get away with in the series or if they're saving it for a later gotcha?
“Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.”
__ Robert E. Howard, The Tower of the Elephant

#23 SemiAuto

SemiAuto

The cake is a lie.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41,951 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 02:28 PM

Yep, Lady Stoneheart is missing from the TV show.

#24 SemiAuto

SemiAuto

The cake is a lie.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41,951 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 11:49 AM

There are big-time spoilers for Game of Thrones Season 5, Episode 10, “Mother’s Mercy.” I’ve never been more serious about a spoiler warning. If you haven’t seen the finale yet, proceed with caution. If you have, charge right in. But don’t say we didn’t try to warn you, because we really, really did.

This post is dark and full of spoilers.

In short, who is Azor Ahai?

Edited by SemiAuto, 16 June 2015 - 11:50 AM.

#25 Fatmagul

Fatmagul

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationMexican

Posted 22 July 2015 - 03:11 AM

holy :)

Edited by Fatmagul, 22 July 2015 - 03:11 AM.

#26 SemiAuto

SemiAuto

The cake is a lie.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41,951 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 04:36 PM

Besides Kit Harrington being on the set, guess who else was spotted.

Rory McCann.

Oh, and for you Deadwood fans, Ian McShane will make an appearance.

Edited by SemiAuto, 28 January 2016 - 04:41 PM.

#27 SemiAuto

SemiAuto

The cake is a lie.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41,951 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 10:12 AM

Is anybody watching? Verizon gave me HBO for free until the end of August so I binge watch GoT season 6 over the weekend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users