Baltimatt

Brutal attacks on children in Washington County

121 posts in this topic

Fact is the number of innocent people put to death is infinitesimally small (Approx. 4%) compared to the number of guilty people executed.

So, you're saying that for every 20 guilty people executed, an innocent man gets executed as well?

Life without parole for first degree murder is easily 'do-able' if get rid of the non-violent drug convictions.

I wonder if he would have survived had his mother not turned away the ambulance the first time.

All three of them are going to face serious time in jail, with the murderer facing the longest.

Both the brother who handcuffed the child and the mother who turned the ambulance away should face depraved indifference.

Yours links are about the same child in your previous link.

Edited by Sprightly

Yours links are about the same child in your previous link.

I know.  Just documenting my claims.  Those details are now in the earlier story, but I don't recall seeing them there before.

Edited by Baltimatt

The child victim will likely die. Some of you go to really dumb lengths to connect one happening to another. You look foolish. No, I take that back. You look stupid. You're an embarrassment to the human race.

I started reading the previous post and started shaking my head, then I got to your post...............................Thank you!

The child victim will likely die. Some of you go to really dumb lengths to connect one happening to another. You look foolish. No, I take that back. You look stupid. You're an embarrassment to the human race.

Thank you, a voice of reason,

I'll ask the same question to you that I ask all death penalty opponents. If your mother/father/son or other loved one was killed by an individual who had been previously convicted of murder and subsequently released from jail, would you still oppose the death penalty? Think about it. What must it be like? To be sitting in your own home and be put to death knowing the whole time you are don't even know the perp much less having done anything to him? Is the death penalty too severe from people who commit murder over and over again?

Fact is the number of innocent people put to death is infinitesimally small (Approx. 4%) compared to the number of guilty people executed.

So, you're saying that for every 20 guilty people executed, an innocent man gets executed as well?

Life without parole for first degree murder is easily 'do-able' if get rid of the non-violent drug convictions.

I'm hoping he meant 0.4%, because 4% is clearly NOT infinitesimal.

For those whose first thought is scoring political points when innocent children suffer the most horrific of deaths, please seek help.

Great post Sprightly.

Well done!

Reminded me of this recent thread where there was an inability of some to determine 'tough love' vs 'felony child abuse'.

http://talk.baltimoresun.com/topic/261945-tough-love-or-felony-child-abuse/

Link: http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2015/07/06/9-year-old-boy-dies-from-beating-over-birthday-cake/

Very sad :(

HAGERSTOWN, Md. (WJZ) — Investigators say he was handcuffed and beaten for taking a slice of birthday cake without permission. Now a nine-year-old Hagerstown boy has died, his mother’s boyfriend is behind bars and police are considering more charges in the case.

WJZ has learned officials with Hagerstown police met with the state’s attorney’s office Monday to discuss filing additional charges in this case. Police officials say anyone involved in the child’s death could face charges—including the boy’s mother.
Wilson is being held on a million dollars’ bond.
The little boy had just celebrated his ninth birthday days before the beating.
His body has been taken to the medical examiner’s office in Washington DC for an autopsy.

I agree and well said. Thank you

It's very sad that the boy just turned 9 years old just days before dying.

It's very sad that the boy just turned 9 years old just days before dying.

And now there's a 6 year old on life support in the same hospital in DC because some mother's boyfriend allegedly kicked him in the head.

You're right, It is stacked against whites.

The funniest thing about liberals is that they live in a land of stupidity and hope everyone

Is so stupid that they won't notice.

Liberals said the death penalty is racist because blacks are half of those on death row but are only 13% of the population, what the liberals were hoping people were too stupid to notice is that the 13% of the population who are black actually committed over half of all murders which made them underrepresented on death row.

Personally I'm still for the death penalty even though it's stacked against white people and gives black,people a break

Stromfront is calling you.

Edited by temptationwalk

I'll ask the same question to you that I ask all death penalty opponents. If your mother/father/son or other loved one was killed by an individual who had been previously convicted of murder and subsequently released from jail, would you still oppose the death penalty? Think about it. What must it be like? To be sitting in your own home and be put to death knowing the whole time you are don't even know the perp much less having done anything to him? Is the death penalty too severe from people who commit murder over and over again?

How about people who molest and then murder children, some under the age of 5?

And you response above…“ If your mother/father/son or other loved one was facing the death penalty for a crime they didn't commit…” is not an appeal to people’s emotions?

What are we going to do here, discuss this thing on a rational level or an emotional level?

Your analogy is false and again you misquote me. I support LIFE WITHOUT PAROLE. I am AGAINST RELEASING CONVICTED MURDERERS.

Your way, innocent lives are lost just to make sure the guilty die.

My way, deadly mistakes are avoided, saving innocent lives and putting murderers in prison, where they belong.

By the way, 1,389 people have been executed in the U.S. since 1976.

You posted:Fact is the number of innocent people put to death is infinitesimally small (Approx. 4%) compared to the number of guilty people executed.

4% of 1,389 comes out to around 55 people. That's 55 mothers, fathers, sons, daughters and all of the other friends and relatives lives were torn apart just to be sure they "got the bad guy". And that is just from 1976-2014.

Now that being said, at a primal level, I would have no problems executing the scum that kill innocent people. But at the expense of killing innocent people in the process? No. Because killing innocent people makes us scum as well. And trust me, telling the family "sorry, we were mistaken", isn't gonna make them feel any better.

How about people who molest and then murder children, some under the age of 5?

And you response above…“ If your mother/father/son or other loved one was facing the death penalty for a crime they didn't commit…” is not an appeal to people’s emotions?

What are we going to do here, discuss this thing on a rational level or an emotional level?

And to answer your question, yes I would still oppose the death penalty because if he got life without parole, he wouldn't be free to kill.  Once again I will point out, Death or releasing the killer aren't the only two options. Killing an innocent person (no matter how infrequent it happens) doesn't make sense to make sure a person, who killed an innocent person, gets killed. :confused:

And to answer your child molester question, life without parole might as well be the death penalty. ;)

Edited by mrdeltoid

I'm hoping he meant 0.4%, because 4% is clearly NOT infinitesimal.

Neither is .04% to the innocent s mistakenly executed.

For those whose first thought is scoring political points when innocent children suffer the most horrific of deaths, please seek help.

amen to that and thank you

Neither is .04% to the innocent s mistakenly executed.

btw, I used .04 in the equation to give benefit of the doubt.

Actually, I misquoted the article. The 4% figure references those sentenced to death not those actually executed. I have not had any success in finding the percentage of innocent people actually executed, perhaps because once the person is dead people lose interest and therefore do not pursue the matter. If you can find any info on that subject please post it in this thread.

I suspect that with all the re-trials, appeals and appeals of appeals contained in our justice system the chances of putting an innocent person to death are very small, but again if you've got any facts please publish them here..

One thing is certain, more innocent people are executed by criminals than are executed by the states.

Not necessarily. Having won a repeal of the death penalty heo bleeding hearts are now saying life w/o parole is “as dehumanizing as death itself, and in some ways it is even worse.” How long before these idiots demand that life w/o parole be abolished?

Your analogy is false and again you misquote me. I support LIFE WITHOUT PAROLE. I am AGAINST RELEASING CONVICTED MURDERERS.

I never said you were for releasing convicted murderers, I merely pointed out that murderers are, in fact, released from jail and they do kill again.

See correction above.

My way, deadly mistakes are avoided, saving innocent lives and putting murderers in prison, where they belong.

Putting killers in jail does not stop them from killing. Other inmates and prison staff have all died at the hands of murderers who should have been executed.

Actually, I misquoted the article. The 4% figure references those sentenced to death not those actually executed. I have not had any success in finding the percentage of innocent people actually executed, perhaps because once the person is dead people lose interest. If you can find any info on that subject please post it in this thread.

I suspect that with all the re-trials, appeals and appeals of appeals contained in our justice system the chances of putting an innocent person to death are very small.

One thing is certain, more innocent people are executed by criminals than are executed by the states.

Not necessarily. Having won a repeal of the death penalty heo bleeding hearts are now saying life w/o parole is “as dehumanizing as death itself, and in some ways it is even worse.” How long before these idiots demand that life w/o parole be abolished?

I never said you were for releasing convicted murderers, I merely pointed out that murderers are, in fact, released from jail and they do kill again.

See correction above.

Putting killers in jail does not stop them from killing. Other inmates and prison staff have all died at the hands of murderers who should have been executed.

Some people have no shame

Actually, I misquoted the article. The 4% figure references those sentenced to death not those actually executed. I have not had any success in finding the percentage of innocent people actually executed, perhaps because once the person is dead people lose interest and therefore do not pursue the matter. If you can find any info on that subject please post it in this thread.

I suspect that with all the re-trials, appeals and appeals of appeals contained in our justice system the chances of putting an innocent person to death are very small, but again if you've got any facts please publish them here..

See correction above.

Actually, I misquoted the article. The 4% figure references those sentenced to death not those actually executed. I have not had any success in finding the percentage of innocent people actually executed, perhaps because once the person is dead people lose interest. If you can find any info on that subject please post it in this thread.

I suspect that with all the re-trials, appeals and appeals of appeals contained in our justice system the chances of putting an innocent person to death are very small.

See correction above.

So to be sure I'm clear on your position, you feel the small number of innocent people executed by the state is acceptable as long as the guilty are executed?

And let me be very clear; I do not feel life without parole is worse than the death penalty. Some people, or as you call them "idiots" do. That's their business. I feel it better that 100 guilty get life without parole, than one innocent person get executed.