• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#41 mrdeltoid

mrdeltoid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,488 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 01:54 PM

I am sure all of the families of the dead people appreciate your passion to keep criminals free.

So you think executing people by mistake is worth it to make sure the guilty is executed? I'll ask the same question to you that I ask all death penalty champions. If your mother/father/son or other loved one was facing the death penalty for a crime they didn't commit but got convicted due to a crappy defense or lying  wittiness, would you still support the death penalty? Think about it. What must it be like? To take that walk and get strapped down to be put to death knowing the whole time you are innocent? Is life without parole to lenient to save the innocents that are falsely accused?

#42 mrdeltoid

mrdeltoid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,488 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 02:03 PM

I am sure all of the families of the dead people appreciate your passion to keep criminals free.

Who said anything about setting criminals free?? Please don't misquote me. I support life without parole. That isn't being "free" as you say. And notice, that I am fighting to prevent an innocent person from being killed. You are fighting to risk the death of innocents to avenge someone that is already dead.

#43 mrdeltoid

mrdeltoid

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,488 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 02:10 PM

Sort of the "kill them all and let God sort them out" approach.

Ahhhh to big a stroke ....even for me.

They are responding from an emotional standpoint. When one considers the damage that can be done to innocent victims, cooler heads will prevail.

#44 Baltimatt

Baltimatt

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 67,625 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 02:41 PM

The boy died.

http://www.heraldmai...872d52bdd3.html

A 9-year-old Hagerstown boy beaten unconscious last week for taking a piece of birthday cake has died, according to Hagerstown police.  Jack Kirby Garcia, who had been taken to Children's National Medical Center in Washington, D.C., died Sunday, according to Capt. Paul Kifer. He said investigators would be meeting with the State's Attorney's Office this afternoon to discuss possible additional charges against Robert Leroy Wilson, the man charged with the Tuesday, June 30 beating of Garcia.

RIP, Jack.  :(

Dieser Weg wird kein leichter sein; dieser Weg wird steinig und schwer.
Nicht mit vielen wirst du dir einig sein, doch dieses Leben bietet so viel mehr. --Xavier Naidoo

#45 Baltimatt

Baltimatt

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 67,625 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 02:51 PM

I wonder if he would have survived had his mother not turned away the ambulance the first time.

Nicht mit vielen wirst du dir einig sein, doch dieses Leben bietet so viel mehr. --Xavier Naidoo

#46 Baltimatt

Baltimatt

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 67,625 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 02:58 PM

Now another Washington County child has been severely injured by an adult.

A Hancock man charged Friday with severely injuring a 6-year-old boy, including by kicks to the head with steel-toed work boots, was being held on $1 million bond, according to Washington County District Court records.
Aaron Jacob Vanmeter, 21, of Fleming Court, is charged with first-degree child abuse resulting in severe physical injury, as well as first-degree assault, second-degree child abuse and second-degree assault.
At 12:20 a.m. on Friday, Hancock police contacted the Washington County Sheriff's Office regarding a possible child abuse case, the statement of probable cause said. The child was initially taken to Meritus Medical Center east of Hagerstown, the document said.

The child is on "full life support."

http://www.heraldmai...918195be57.html

Edited by Baltimatt, 06 July 2015 - 02:59 PM.

#47 Marshan Man

Marshan Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33,628 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 03:30 PM

WTH?? Is it the mountain air?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]America Is Back! :rwb:

#48 Bowie-Bruce

Bowie-Bruce

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,868 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 03:31 PM

WTF is wrong with people...

Heaven is under our feet as well as over our heads.
--Thoreau

#49 VOSA

VOSA

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,979 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 03:33 PM

So you think executing people by mistake is worth it to make sure the guilty is executed? I'll ask the same question to you that I ask all death penalty champions. If your mother/father/son or other loved one was facing the death penalty for a crime they didn't commit but got convicted due to a crappy defense or lying wittiness, would you still support the death penalty? Think about it. What must it be like? To take that walk and get strapped down to be put to death knowing the whole time you are innocent? Is life without parole to lenient to save the innocents that are falsely accused?

I'll ask the same question to you that I ask all death penalty opponents. If your mother/father/son or other loved one was killed by an individual who had been previously convicted of murder and subsequently released from jail, would you still oppose the death penalty? Think about it. What must it be like? To be sitting in your own home and be put to death knowing the whole time you are don't even know the perp much less having done anything to him? Is the death penalty too severe from people who commit murder over and over again?

How about people who molest and then murder children, some under the age of 5?

Fact is the number of innocent people put to death is infinitesimally small (Approx. 4%) compared to the number of guilty people executed.

They are responding from an emotional standpoint. When one considers the damage that can be done to innocent victims, cooler heads will prevail.

And you response above…“ If your mother/father/son or other loved one was facing the death penalty for a crime they didn't commit…” is not an appeal to people’s emotions?

What are we going to do here, discuss this thing on a rational level or an emotional level?

#50 Sprightly

Sprightly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68,773 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 03:42 PM

Even worse is that the child has special needs.  

"Full life support" equals "delaying of death."

Aaron Vanmeter, scum thug extraordinaire, needs to spend an eternity in Hell.

To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover the prisoner was you.

#51 EnochRoot

EnochRoot

Money won't change me.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 03:52 PM

Fact is the number of innocent people put to death is infinitesimally small (Approx. 4%) compared to the number of guilty people executed.

So, you're saying that for every 20 guilty people executed, an innocent man gets executed as well?

Life without parole for first degree murder is easily 'do-able' if get rid of the non-violent drug convictions.

#52 EnochRoot

EnochRoot

Money won't change me.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 03:57 PM

I wonder if he would have survived had his mother not turned away the ambulance the first time.

All three of them are going to face serious time in jail, with the murderer facing the longest.

Both the brother who handcuffed the child and the mother who turned the ambulance away should face depraved indifference.

#53 TheResearcher

TheResearcher

Debonair, Handsome, Intelligent

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,763 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 04:14 PM

WTF is wrong with people...

Drugs...alcohol...

#54 Baltimatt

Baltimatt

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 67,625 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:53 PM

Another mother's boyfriend.  The boy is autistic and, like Jack Garcia, is now in a hospital in Washington, DC.

http://bigstory.ap.o...t-after-beating

http://www.your4stat...Ezka1CWbmoxn8lQ

#55 Sprightly

Sprightly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68,773 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 06:22 PM

Another mother's boyfriend.  The boy is autistic and, like Jack Garcia, is now in a hospital in Washington, DC.

http://bigstory.ap.o...t-after-beating

http://www.your4stat...Ezka1CWbmoxn8lQ

Yours links are about the same child in your previous link.

Edited by Sprightly, 06 July 2015 - 06:23 PM.

To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover the prisoner was you.

#56 Baltimatt

Baltimatt

Site Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 67,625 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 06:36 PM

Yours links are about the same child in your previous link.

I know.  Just documenting my claims.  Those details are now in the earlier story, but I don't recall seeing them there before.

Edited by Baltimatt, 06 July 2015 - 06:38 PM.

#57 ODENTON

ODENTON

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,401 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 08:31 PM

The child victim will likely die. Some of you go to really dumb lengths to connect one happening to another. You look foolish. No, I take that back. You look stupid. You're an embarrassment to the human race.

I started reading the previous post and started shaking my head, then I got to your post...............................Thank you!

#58 temptationwalk

temptationwalk

soul to soul

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 08:59 PM

The child victim will likely die. Some of you go to really dumb lengths to connect one happening to another. You look foolish. No, I take that back. You look stupid. You're an embarrassment to the human race.

Thank you, a voice of reason,

#59 Struds

Struds

Moderate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,553 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 07 July 2015 - 08:33 AM

I'll ask the same question to you that I ask all death penalty opponents. If your mother/father/son or other loved one was killed by an individual who had been previously convicted of murder and subsequently released from jail, would you still oppose the death penalty? Think about it. What must it be like? To be sitting in your own home and be put to death knowing the whole time you are don't even know the perp much less having done anything to him? Is the death penalty too severe from people who commit murder over and over again?

So, you're saying that for every 20 guilty people executed, an innocent man gets executed as well?

Life without parole for first degree murder is easily 'do-able' if get rid of the non-violent drug convictions.

I'm hoping he meant 0.4%, because 4% is clearly NOT infinitesimal.

#60 Bowie-Bruce

Bowie-Bruce

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,868 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 08:33 AM

For those whose first thought is scoring political points when innocent children suffer the most horrific of deaths, please seek help.

Heaven is under our feet as well as over our heads.
--Thoreau

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users