I feel good...

just a feel good story..

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Rural_*

Guest_Rural_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2015 - 07:36 PM

A friend and I were unloading 2 tons of stove pellets into my house for the upcoming season when a beautiful but obviously old Irish Setter came trotting through the woods, obviously lost. He was quite friendly, so we were able to check his dog tags. Fortunately, the dog's name (Harley) and his owners phone number were on one of his tags. 

I called the number and left a message. 15 minutes later my phone rang, and it was Harley's owner, who lived about a mile away. Her husband had let him off his leash about 3 hours earlier. I gave her directions and a short time later Harley's very tearful owner arrived, and was quite thankful for our making the effort to reunite dog and owner.

I felt good about reuniting the old dog and his owner, and wanted to share a happy story, for a change.  :)

#2 Struds

Struds

Moderate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,520 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 04 September 2015 - 12:32 PM

Well done Rural. It seems a simple courtesy, but not everyone would do it these days.

#3 Guest_Rural_*

Guest_Rural_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2015 - 08:14 PM

Well done Rural. It seems a simple courtesy, but not everyone would do it these days.

Thank you, Struds. 

#4 segram99

segram99

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts

Posted 09 September 2015 - 04:27 PM

Way to go Rural. I helped reunite a lost dog with his owners a couple months ago. There is no better feeling helping a scared and hungry dog get back to their family, their comfort zone

:)

Either you decide to stay in the shallow end of the pool or you go out in the ocean.

Christopher Reeve (1952-2004)

#5 Struds

Struds

Moderate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,520 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 08 October 2015 - 11:20 AM

Is it contagious?  Wouldn't that be great?

I recently saw a guy at the Exxon in Forest Hill leave his car and pump gas for the elderly woman in the next lane and he even made sure whether she needed a receipt or not. I gave him a thumbs up and he simply said; "it's the right thing to do".

So yesterday I was headed north on 924 and stopped at the Moore's Mill light.  I saw a woman in the cemetery struggling to pull a wheelchair bound woman up the hill to the driveway.  It looked painful, so when the light changed I made that quick right just on the other side of the intersection and helped her make the last 30 feet or so. As I got back in my car and started to pull away, the smile on the face of the woman in the wheelchair made it more than worthwhile. 

#6 segram99

segram99

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,765 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 10:02 AM

Way to go Struds.

I love helping people, especially the elderly. We are all going to be old one day and will probably need help ourself.

I truly believe, what goes around, comes around.

:)

Either you decide to stay in the shallow end of the pool or you go out in the ocean.

Christopher Reeve (1952-2004)

#7 Struds

Struds

Moderate

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,520 posts
  • LocationHarford County

Posted 19 June 2016 - 08:05 PM

So here I am on Father's Day in Tooele, Utah - alone. I walk over to the nearby Mexican restaurant and order. A few minutes later, the young lady at the next table calls the waitress over and has a discussion. The next thing I know, she brings MY bill and payment over and lays it down on my table. Flabbergasted, I ask, "what's this?". She says, "an act of kindness."

So, coincidence? Or, karma?

#8 Papi

Papi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,686 posts
  • LocationHarford County Maryland

Posted 21 June 2016 - 03:09 PM

So here I am on Father's Day in Tooele, Utah - alone. I walk over to the nearby Mexican restaurant and order. A few minutes later, the young lady at the next table calls the waitress over and has a discussion. The next thing I know, she brings MY bill and payment over and lays it down on my table. Flabbergasted, I ask, "what's this?". She says, "an act of kindness."

So, coincidence? Or, karma?

Karma!

The last time I was in Tooele, Utah was in the summer of 1975, for a two week summer camp with the Army Reserve. As you can imagine, acts of kindness were few and far between in that situation. The army doesn't believe in them.   :D  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users