Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Saticon3

You Tube Videos Freeze- but only at night- and not on all pc's in the home

11 posts in this topic

Scratching my head over this one, videos play fine all day long  then round about 8:30, 9 pm, on some pc's but not all- freeze making not worth watching-- browser doesn't make a difference, does it on all --- would it be an issue with the ISP? Speedtest still shows download  speed of close to 26- 30 while this is occurring 

Could be your own WiFi network, some devices slowing down while some others don't. However many devices you have all share the Bandwidth from your Router. I only have Basic 3MB myself as I don't Stream but if I'm downloading a large file on a PC or laptop I've seen my Phone get choked out on a download.

Could also be a scheduled task on the affected computers eating up RAM.  Check your antivirus to make sure it is not scheduled to scan at that time.  I also set windows updates to notify but do not download or install until I tell it to.  You should also check that there is no scheduled automatic defrag at that time.

Then again, Evenings are Peak viewing hours and if you're on Comcrap and everyone else in the neighborhood is sucking up all the bandwidth watching HDTV on multiple devices, well there you go. I was told FIOS doesn't Bottleneck like that but I'll never know, can't get it in the City. Think I saw a bandwidth chart on the Xfinity site that will show you how much everyone is on at what point of the day. Evenings are heaviest of course.

I have a problem keeping our default netgear the one the TV chooses. It drifts around the neighborhood for some reason. When it does this we have the same problem and have to reset our wifi which fixes it. 

So Smart TV isn't That smart I guess! I don't have one, I'm a sworn Dish user for a couple Decades now and won't give it up. I only have basic Comcrap 3Mbps internet. I'm not paying them any More than that. My PC is straight into the router on the Ethernet cable and only my Laptop downstairs & my phone access the WiFi and they both have the Passwords set in them and use mine by Default. Just by looking I can see a couple neighbors Don't have their WiFi networks secured and I could sponge off them but I don't. Some people don't seem to know about Securing their Network.

I have a problem keeping our default netgear the one the TV chooses. It drifts around the neighborhood for some reason. When it does this we have the same problem and have to reset our wifi which fixes it. 

That shouldn't be happening. You may need to assign the TV a dedicated IP address, but even that shouldn't be necessary. Do you have a dual band Wifi router within decent proximity to the TV(s)?

If so, consider dedicating one of the bands to the TVs that use it.