GOOCH

Edsall fired

42 posts in this topic

The boosters just couldn't take it no more Locksley named interim coach

This is in High School because..........

Nobody pays attention to the College or Terps board. Very boring.

Jim tressel please.

Paleeeeeeese.

Edited by slapshot

They should have hired Mike Leach to begin with. He didn't fit the image desired by Wallace Loh and Kevin Anderson. Now they want a high profile hire.  Somehow, I am positive these two will screw that one up.

Another loser, Locksley.  I hope AD doesn't have the intention of letting the season play out to see how he does as interim, with the thought of hiring him as permanent coach if the Terps show some life.  Start the hunt for a new coach now.

MD couldn't have screwed this position up any worse if they tried.  From giving Franklin the HCIW tag, to firing Ralph after he won ACC COY, to passing up Leech to hire Edsall - they made the wrong choice every step of the way. 

Anderson is a clown, and I predict he'll screw the pooch with this replacement as well, unless Plank tells him who to hire.

Irrespective of all the player abuse allegations against Leach, I'm not sure he would have done any better than Edsall.

After being picked up 3 years after his dismissal from TT, Leach is 8-21 in Pac12 Conference play (now in his 4th year), and 15-27 overall. Edsall is 10-23 in ACC/Big Ten games, and 22-33 overall @Maryland. Pretty similar records. Had Md picked Leach (over Edsall), I seriously doubt he would have lead the Terps to the promised land.

Chip Kelly should be availible soon .....

Now, that would be interesting!

The player abuse allegations against Leach? You mean the BS from that jackass Craig James?

There was no player abuse there, just a little boy that was in over his head.

Agree with everything gillytech said. Anderson will screw the next hiring up, too.

The player abuse allegations against Leach? You mean the BS from that jackass Craig James?

There was no player abuse there, just a little boy that was in over his head.

Agree with everything gillytech said. Anderson will screw the next hiring up, too.

One guy?

Check again.

You understand the definition of "allegation", right?

So, the wrong guy got fired? Anderson should go, too?

Edited by slapshot

Jim tressel please.

If I were Kevin Plank, I'd have the Athletic Director fired for even considering that tool for the job. He was crooked at Youngstown State, and even when he was GIFTED A JOB at Ohio State, he still mucked it up. The guy, despite writing a book on how to have a successful and fulfilled life. He's despicable.

And he won't ever get a job at U of Maryland. I'm pretty sure Kevin Plank's the kind of guy who's not going to look the other way on that kind of hiring.

I liked the idea. Kelly would be awesome....if he ever became available?

He'll be available probably by the end of next season, unless he's willing to 'customize' on his vision regarding the NFL. Maryland is pretty much 'the best' up-start program in the country. NottaLottaSuccess, tons of $, and now in the Big Ten. I could easily see Kelly wanting to land at Maryland on his 'return' to CFB, not all that unlike the way Spurrier 're-landed' at South Carolina.

The manner in which the University handled Mr. Edsall's firing was pretty abysmal.  Apparently they chose not to demonstrate any character or class in the process and they succeeded in doing just that.

There has been a lot of talk about the lack of recruits from the area by Edsall since his firing. Tom Lemming on The Fan just said if you could get 80% of the players from the DMV area you would have a top 10 recruiting class every year. He said MD is a hotbed nationally because programs know they can come here and get players because they aren't going to MD.

Edited by 85Knight

The manner in which the University handled Mr. Edsall's firing was pretty abysmal. Apparently they chose not to demonstrate any character or class in the process and they succeeded in doing just that.

You kidding? ......

Edsall should have been fired long ago instead they extended his contract and then fired him guaranteeing him more than 2 million in 2015 and 2016 .....

He should be thanking his lucky stars ....

Personally, I never like it (but I understand why) when a head coach is fired in the middle of the season. Forget what you think about the coach, it certainly doesn't help the student athletes, all of whom were recruited by that coach, moral and mental attitude.

Some may be happy to see him go, while others may have been very close...and now have to wonder about their future at Maryland.

There's no perfect time, especially when recruiting the next class is looming....but I just think in the middle of the year has got to be very disruptive on the players.

Edited by slapshot

He'll be available probably by the end of next season, unless he's willing to 'customize' on his vision regarding the NFL. Maryland is pretty much 'the best' up-start program in the country. NottaLottaSuccess, tons of $, and now in the Big Ten. I could easily see Kelly wanting to land at Maryland on his 'return' to CFB, not all that unlike the way Spurrier 're-landed' at South Carolina.

Yeah, sure Phil Knight will ok that. ????He will re-land at either USC before he visits MD. He probably can't even come back to college football as part of whatever deal he agreed to to keep Oregon from sanction hell and 'go try his offense in the NFL'.

You sure have your finger on the pulse of college football. ????

Edited by Brohan