Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
feedrover

American Delta Force Raided ISIS Prison After Word Leaked That Executions Were Imminent

2 posts in this topic

The operation marked the first known instance of American service members battling ISIS fighters on the ground in Iraq under President Obama's new mission to "train and advise" local forces against the terror group.

To summarize the article real quick, in short the US got intel that ISIS was planning to execute some hostages in a nearby prison. So in coordination with some Kurdish commandos, they raided the prison and rescued said hostages, suffering 1 US casualty. 

It appears that more similar missions like this one will be under way in the future. Personally, I'm not a big fan of putting our troops in harms way. There's another interesting article recently about how ISIS gets most of their funding from selling crude oil from captured oil fields. This article can be found here

I think it will be much more effect to re-capture some of these fields (which are poorly guarded by ISIS) and disabling some of its core components to prevent them from working. No money = No ISIS.  

Props on the rescue and sincere condolences to Master Sgt. Joshua Wheeler, who died in the line of combat, for his sacrifice. 

[source] [Where I Get My Articles]

The operation marked the first known instance of American service members battling ISIS fighters on the ground in Iraq under President Obama's new mission to "train and advise" local forces against the terror group.

To summarize the article real quick, in short the US got intel that ISIS was planning to execute some hostages in a nearby prison. So in coordination with some Kurdish commandos, they raided the prison and rescued said hostages, suffering 1 US casualty. 

It appears that more similar missions like this one will be under way in the future. Personally, I'm not a big fan of putting our troops in harms way. There's another interesting article recently about how ISIS gets most of their funding from selling crude oil from captured oil fields. This article can be found here

I think it will be much more effect to re-capture some of these fields (which are poorly guarded by ISIS) and disabling some of its core components to prevent them from working. No money = No ISIS.  

Props on the rescue and sincere condolences to Master Sgt. Joshua Wheeler, who died in the line of combat, for his sacrifice. 

[source] [Where I Get My Articles]

Going after ISIS controlled oil facilities which is what ISIS uses to generate funds to continue their operation is what Trump has been saying he will do if elected president. It appears SOD Carter is now going to do just that.