• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Scaggsville

Scaggsville

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,766 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 02:41 PM

The whole CNBC debate debacle seems a bit weird.

I've watched these folks for 20 yrs and I can't say I ever detected any political bias to the left as charged by GOP candidates or any other direction.

The are unabashedly pro capitalism, and maybe Rick Santelli, the hyperactive one, could probably be characterized as a fiscal Tea Partier. Other than that, its straight biz news.

I think the CNBC brand is suffering for it's sister and parent networks, MSNBC and NBC sins and obvious left leanings. 

Edited by Scaggsville, 02 November 2015 - 02:43 PM.

#2 zenwalk

zenwalk

Pundit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48,777 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 03:08 PM

They should ask easier questions.

"A screaming comes across the sky. . ." -- Thomas Pynchon

#3 Hexexis

Hexexis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,491 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 06:59 AM

We seem to assume some irremediable gulf betw. "the left" & "capitalism." But for the past 40 yr in America, there is no left (I mean, Melissa Whatzitz Perry; really?) & there's barely capitalism (sure, go ahead & call "profiteering" capitalism; Lord knows, the USSR had its share of profiteers, but no one ever accused them of capitalism).

There is, tho, a politico-press collusion to divert the nation's attention to the inessential. So, from what I understand, Ted Cruz is a CNBC shil.

"...anyone who can offend almost anybody is [a] brilliant and original thinker."--S.I. Hayakawa

#4 Bartman

Bartman

General Irritant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,727 posts
  • LocationBaltimore City

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:17 AM

I like to watch that Kramer guy now and then even tho I don't even own any stock, Is that the channel he's on?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Don't try to tell me that what I see with my own two eyes ISN'T what I'm seeing with my own two eyes!

#5 Scaggsville

Scaggsville

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,766 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 07:01 AM

Yah, somehow he avoided any association with the debate.

#6 afan

afan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,686 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 08:16 AM

Joe Kernan is definitely Right Wing. Cabrerra is definitely Right Wing . Santelli is said to be the father of the Tea Party. Andrew is what the left is all about. Afraid to stick up for what he believes and afraid of confrontation. Kernin walks all over him. As for the rest ,yes they try to stay fair but the biggest Republicans on here are Kudlow a Cabrerra and Kernin.

#7 Scaggsville

Scaggsville

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,766 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 10:15 AM

Yeah, you're right afan.

Like I said, I believe they suffer unfairly from their associations with the other networks.

Their ratings aren't great and the fact that their network ends with NBC make a lot of folks jump to conclusions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users