• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Underseige

Underseige

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,018 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 04:49 PM

Well watch it rise and weep. It may hit $150 by the end of the year. Now don't say I didn't tell you so.....

Edited by Underseige, 04 November 2015 - 04:50 PM.

#2 ivanbalt

ivanbalt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,136 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 05:08 PM

I still doubt it, but I think it's more of my thinking of what makes a business valuable.  Uber being valued at around $70 billion is insane.

#3 Bartman

Bartman

General Irritant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,727 posts
  • LocationBaltimore City

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:14 AM

I have One share of stock from when I worked with BGE almost 50yrs ago around here somewhere.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Don't try to tell me that what I see with my own two eyes ISN'T what I'm seeing with my own two eyes!

#4 afan

afan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,686 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 07:03 AM

Zuck just gave billions to charities. No people this was once a silly little company but now competes with Google for many things

#5 zenwalk

zenwalk

Pundit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48,811 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 05:42 PM

It's always good to invest in something you can touch and that has functionality.  Investments like this are only good until something comes along making it irrelevant or obsolete.  Like Will Rogers said: I'm more interested in the return of my money than on my money.

"A screaming comes across the sky. . ." -- Thomas Pynchon

#6 EnochRoot

EnochRoot

Money won't change me.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 11:01 PM

It's always good to invest in something you can touch and that has functionality.  Investments like this are only good until something comes along making it irrelevant or obsolete.  Like Will Rogers said: I'm more interested in the return of my money than on my money.

Facebook (and to a much lesser extent their social media peers) created a paradigm shift in how we communicate and nearly made email obsolete for a generation of people. It may have killed off the flippin' high school reunion 'industry' (if there was one). There was a thread on Nationals last week and some cranky old sot was going on about Facebook being a fad. I just laughed. Or I got up and got some more coffee. Can't decide which.

The 'stock' regret I have is not investing $10k ten years ago into Netflix. I pooped the bed on that one. I *knew* where we were headed (streaming online movies in HD) and that if anybody was going to be out in front of it, it'd be the guys that were already renting me that DVD within a day's time to my door. I'm too afraid to look up what that $10k investment would've netted me by now.

#7 EnochRoot

EnochRoot

Money won't change me.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 11:17 PM

I just checked.

$394,481.85.

Aint life grand.

#8 johnpolitics

johnpolitics

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,715 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 06:40 AM

I bought the stock day one, I am happy.

#9 bmore_ken

bmore_ken

Posting Champ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74,888 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 08:20 AM

As a conservative investor I don't regret my doubt and missing out. Facebook was a risk. Anyone seen a MySpace page lately? Kudos to those of you who stuck with it, it just didn't fit my style of investing.

Edited by bmore_ken, 18 December 2015 - 08:21 AM.

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton. It has a nice sound to it

Suggs has signed. I've never been so happy to be wrong

Don't blame me, I voted Bob Barr:cool:

#10 Bartman

Bartman

General Irritant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,727 posts
  • LocationBaltimore City

Posted 21 December 2015 - 09:25 AM

Obviously I'm not one who feels any need to FB or Tweet or "Like" anything so I don't do any of it.

There was a time when I was doing Real websites first with Claris then MS Front Page then moving on to Dreamweaver when this kid at work said he wanted to show me his website and he proceeded to show me his My Space page. I told him it was nothing but Junk and that it wasn't a Real website like one you find a host for and build Real pages and upload it all by FTP. Remember the Geocities pages too? Plenty of people did those as well. I looked at FB and decided I didn't want anything to do with it .I don't do Websites for anyone anymore, Once it was New & Cool now no one cares. Been there, Done that.

I let a couple really Good Domain names expire though, someone else Parked them and wants $1000's for one of the names now.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Don't try to tell me that what I see with my own two eyes ISN'T what I'm seeing with my own two eyes!

#11 karlydee

karlydee

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,083 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 02:03 PM

I have One share of stock from when I worked with BGE almost 50yrs ago around here somewhere.

You actually have at least 3 shares of constellation energy (an Excelon Subsidiary) stock for every share of BGE stock you owned as of 1985.

#12 TheIcon

TheIcon

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,982 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 10:17 AM

Obviously I'm not one who feels any need to FB or Tweet or "Like" anything so I don't do any of it.

There was a time when I was doing Real websites first with Claris then MS Front Page then moving on to Dreamweaver when this kid at work said he wanted to show me his website and he proceeded to show me his My Space page. I told him it was nothing but Junk and that it wasn't a Real website like one you find a host for and build Real pages and upload it all by FTP. Remember the Geocities pages too? Plenty of people did those as well. I looked at FB and decided I didn't want anything to do with it .I don't do Websites for anyone anymore, Once it was New & Cool now no one cares. Been there, Done that.

I let a couple really Good Domain names expire though, someone else Parked them and wants $1000's for one of the names now.

Ah yes those days of Dreamweaver.  Geocities.  Arguing over Frames vs. No Frames.  Then I remember once people were introduced to Flash and everyone overused it on their websites to the point it was unusable. 

I'm a Legend in Japan

#13 Bartman

Bartman

General Irritant

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,727 posts
  • LocationBaltimore City

Posted 06 January 2016 - 05:56 AM

Ah yes those days of Dreamweaver.  Geocities.  Arguing over Frames vs. No Frames.  Then I remember once people were introduced to Flash and everyone overused it on their websites to the point it was unusable.

Yeah I made a few bucks on the side with sites for half a dozen places but after a while it was taking up too much of my free time and it quit being Fun for me anymore. I did get a little bit of a following and a little notice as "the Web Guy" but like I said, after a while no one cared anymore. It was fun for a while. The Novelty just wore off. When it was a big deal Yeah. Guess it was like if you were in a small town in the Midwest in the 20's and you got a car. WOW! Now it's just nothing. Now only one of the places I did still has a website and it's only like 2 or 3 pages of Info and that's it. Oh Well.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users