Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SemiAuto

Red Oaks.

2 posts in this topic

This is an Amazon Prime show. Basically it is a Caddyshack revival as a sitcom with a dose of twenty something coming of age struggle thrown in. Ennis Esmer steals a lot of scenes as Nash, the womanizing tennis pro. The MDMA show was hysterical. Some of the other episodes which tried to get a little to deep about being a 20 something working at the club were boringly cliche. I'd say it is worth watching but 10 half hour shows to the whole season and I was kinda glad it was over. They were really running out of material.

And yes, that is Paul Riser and Jennifer Grey who both put in very solid, very funny performances.

Edited by SemiAuto

The second season was a horrible disappointment. The Caddyshack comedy stuff was gone. That left the young twenty something kids with not much more to do than be whiny brats which got old really quick.

Nash wasn't funny anymore. They put Paul Riser in classic complete A-hole mode, which he is good at playing, but it sucked for the show. There was little in the way of an overall story so it ended up being like telling a story about your sister's boring date.

It was bad. Somehow it got renewed for a third and final season but I don't think I'll be watching.