eaglesinsider

St. Frances Rumors?

918 posts in this topic

Hearing from several people that they will be dropping football after this year. I don't know the validity to this.

I also heard that their OC left for a job with one of the 1A city public schools.

If true this would drop the MIAA A back to 6 teams and the MIAA as a whole down to 18 football schools.

Hearing from several people that they will be dropping football after this year. I don't know the validity to this.

I also heard that their OC left for a job with one of the 1A city public schools.

If true this would drop the MIAA A back to 6 teams and the MIAA as a whole down to 18 football schools.

MIAA-A isn't a viable conference with 6 teams. 

He was named HC week 9 at Lewis

I guess Franklin is about to get an influx of kids huh?

OC has promised the principal at Lewis that those kids would be attending that school

Why would they go there lol. I wonder if the MIAA would give kids and exception to play for another MIAA school next year without sitting out. If not Franklin, Dunbar, city and Mervo going to get some good kids.

Why would they go there lol. I wonder if the MIAA would give kids and exception to play for another MIAA school next year without sitting out. If not Franklin, Dunbar, city and Mervo going to get some good kids.

If the programs shuts down, kids will be allowed to play at other MIAA schools without sitting out a year. The feeding frenzy will be on! My guess, McD will go hard as possible after SFA's best players.

Look for John Carroll to be moved up. And it's what they want anyway.

If the programs shuts down, kids will be allowed to play at other MIAA schools without sitting out a year. The feeding frenzy will be on! My guess, McD will go hard as possible after SFA's best players.

SFA players to McD...that's laughable. 

SFA players to McD...that's laughable.

Not really. McD will do anything to stay relevant. If the WCAC kid gets into McD, a SFA kid or two can damn sure get in.

My question is, after saying McD was irrelevant numerous times this year, including the pre-season, after the Mallard Creek loss, and capitalized with the Mt St Joe loss, did the Eagles become relevant just before the Gilman game? I'll hang up.

I believe it's an out of cycle year with regards to teams moving up/down. I wonder if they can make an exemption bc of a team folding and allowing JC to move up and just take SFA's spot in the scheduling. Although that may be tricky considering the scheduling would affect b conf schools as well, not to mention non-conf obligations

Ok to satisfy the playoff system, why not combine the A & B conference since most people think they are close to each other in talent anyway. Make 2 divisions. Put CHC & Loyola in separate divisions. Come playoff time the only chance CHC & Loyola would have a chance to meet would be in championship anyway which could be settled at Turkey Bowl. If they don't make it to championship they still play Turkey Bowl

Ok to satisfy the playoff system, why not combine the A & B conference since most people think they are close to each other in talent anyway. Make 2 divisions. Put CHC & Loyola in separate divisions. Come playoff time the only chance CHC & Loyola would have a chance to meet would be in championship anyway which could be settled at Turkey Bowl. If they don't make it to championship they still play Turkey Bowl

been proposed. been shot down. thats a dead horse. wont be a miaa-a playoff. 

The MIAA A existed as a 5-team conference for a long time (until Georgetown Prep joined).

It may have even been a 4-team league for awhile (can't remember if there was a period of time between when St. Mary's dropped to the B and McD moved up from the B in 2000 or if it was a 1-for-1 move).

been proposed. been shot down. thats a dead horse. wont be a miaa-a playoff. 

Yeah, the Turkey Bowl is one major hurdle.

The other is that outside of JC, other teams would rather play independent than play a full MIAA-A schedule (Curley said as much when they tried to move them up this past year).

Yeah, the Turkey Bowl is one major hurdle.

The other is that outside of JC, other teams would rather play independent than play a full MIAA-A schedule (Curley said as much when they tried to move them up this past year).

Makes sense. Most of the B conf school do not, or cannot, invest as much money into the football program to where they could compete week in, week out, in the A conf.

Rawlings has made it clear he is willing to bankroll JC to the A conf

Tell you the truth never even thought about that pretty good idea.  Hearing noise about Pallotti wanting to make the jump also. 

None of the B-Conference schools want to play McD or Gilman on their schedule...particularly Gilman. Honestly, I think if O'Connell drops out of the WCAC...Gilman should join them. They can still play McD...can even move that to Thanksgiving

Kick mcd and gilman out to play national schedules lol, combine rest of A&b, bring in city and poly. Have some old msa flavor lol