eaglesinsider

St. Frances Rumors?

918 posts in this topic

I think pushing back the miaa basketball schedule to accommodate football playoffs that start after thanksgiving would result in even more schools objecting. Basketball is sacred at schools like CHC, MSJ, SFA, Loyola, Spalding and McD; those programs aren't going to let their start date get pushed back, and most of them don't have a lot of overlap between fb and bb players so they wouldn't care that a few guys will need to join the team after the start of practice.

St Paul's, BL, St Mary's, all probably put more money out than half of the A conference schools. Pallotti recruits heavily, we all know about JC. Severn IMO has money so that leaves Curley who has been competing with A conference schools for years

That's a negative.

St Paul's, BL, St Mary's, all probably put more money out than half of the A conference schools. Pallotti recruits heavily, we all know about JC. Severn IMO has money so that leaves Curley who has been competing with A conference schools for years

I can say for certain that St Mary's doesn't put alot of money in their football. lacrosse and baseball is where the money is going.

I see Pallotti more likely to drop back to C conference more so than moving to A conference or staying in B conference when they are allowed to move again.......

I see Pallotti more likely to drop back to C conference more so than moving to A conference or staying in B conference when they are allowed to move again.......

Why do you think so, should be a favorite next year IMO in the B conf with the brothers coming back

You know more about Palotti than I do, just curious

So Maroon when did St Paul's and BL stop putting money into football. Please tell

Have buddy on staff who told me about wanting to make the jump, but like I said everyone has dreams and big ideas.  

No way they drop with everything that went down this offseason.  

So Maroon when did St Paul's and BL stop putting money into football. Please tell

Never said they didn't put money into football. There are reasons why McD and Gilman, which are non-Catholics are better than SPB and BL. It's money and commitment. All four of those schools are at the top in terms of tuition prices and Gilman and McD has significantly invested in critical pieces (OL/DL play) and the other two haven't. They can. St. Marys puts very little money in their program, hence all the drama it's been going through.

But I said they spend more than most, meaning teams other than Gilman & McD

But I said they spend more than most, meaning teams other than Gilman & McD

If you insist they spend alot of money, more than some A conf schools, then how come it doesn't reflect on the field?

You cant tell me St Paul's wasn't relevant for quite a few years. Curley has also been good Bl has gotten better. And I am going to sat St Paul's spends more than probably half of the A conference teams.

You cant tell me St Paul's wasn't relevant for quite a few years. Curley has also been good Bl has gotten better. And I am going to sat St Paul's spends more than probably half of the A conference teams.

When STP was relevant it was bc of 5th year seniors and rawlings brought his older son and and star running back when he left JC.

BL has always been above average but it has mostly been done with lax players. All of their best players are going on to play lax in college, not football. That's even true, on a lesser level, with STM and STP.

Curley has been good, but it is well known they don't have the money to spend, which is why they failed when they went to the A conf and why they refuse to go back.

When STP was relevant it was bc of 5th year seniors and rawlings brought his older son and and star running back when he left JC.

BL has always been above average but it has mostly been done with lax players. All of their best players are going on to play lax in college, not football. That's even true, on a lesser level, with STM and STP.

Curley has been good, but it is well known they don't have the money to spend, which is why they failed when they went to the A conf and why they refuse to go back.

BL got two of the best youth league players in the whole DMV. The kids at Gilman and the RB at McDonogh were probably the only kids that were more highly touted. They are definitely spending plenty of money. St. Paul's has some kids who were big youth league players as well.

You're right, they usually do it with lacrosse players but I think BL is definitely making a strong effort to ramp up their program. I think the issue is, player development. I don't think these schools know exactly what to do with some of these kids. But that's just not a B conference problem. You need the right coaches in there. It's no coincidence that McD got better when they brought in the new coaches. Especially the NFL line coach.

It's no coincidence that McD got better when they brought in the new coaches. Especially the NFL line coach.

Spencer Folau is a heck of a OL coach. He's the strength and conditioning coach for them now as well. He was originally part time when he started working at McD.

Not sure a public message board is the place to speculate about a specific person's academic prowess and their ability to get into a school. Isn't that confidential? It seems like throwing stones at a teenager.

BL got two of the best youth league players in the whole DMV. The kids at Gilman and the RB at McDonogh were probably the only kids that were more highly touted. They are definitely spending plenty of money. St. Paul's has some kids who were big youth league players as well.

You're right, they usually do it with lacrosse players but I think BL is definitely making a strong effort to ramp up their program. I think the issue is, player development. I don't think these schools know exactly what to do with some of these kids. But that's just not a B conference problem. You need the right coaches in there. It's no coincidence that McD got better when they brought in the new coaches. Especially the NFL line coach.

I also think that those schools don't recruit heavy year and year out. They bring in a big class, then rest on that for a while, may be bc the population of the school can't handle that kind of influx every year, idk. Just look at STP,great for 2-3 years, stunk this year, but played a bunch of fresh/soph who will be very good the next couple of years.

As for BL I think they are one of the best coaching staff around. Didn't see alot of their games this year, bUT it looks like they are going to a spread no huddle look, so hopefully they recruited for that type of offense.

Edited by Dblock34

I also think that those schools don't recruit heavy year and year out. They bring in a big class, then rest on that for a while, may be bc the population of the school can't handle that kind of influx every year, idk. Just look at STP,great for 2-3 years, stunk this year, but played a bunch of fresh/soph who will be very good the next couple of years.

As for BL I think they are one of the best coaching staff around. Didn't see alot of their games this year, bUT it looks like they are going to a spread no huddle look, so hopefully they recruited for that type of offense.

Coaching X and O's is totally different than player development. I really don't know much about BL's staff to be honest but I do know some of the kids they had and have there. Pike and the kicker seem to be only ones to have taken the next step.

Coaching X and O's is totally different than player development. I really don't know much about BL's staff to be honest but I do know some of the kids they had and have there. Pike and the kicker seem to be only ones to have taken the next step.

They have a couple guys at Cornell I believe, or one of the ivy leagues. I think they had a guy go to UVA within the last 5 years, don't know what happened to him. Their qb this year could go I-AA but he is a lax guy

If you insist they spend alot of money, more than some A conf schools, then how come it doesn't reflect on the field?

They don't. Most B conference teams have 0-2 D1 players per class land typically FCS rated players. Most A Conference teams have 3-6 per class. That's a big difference. That's from someone who has coached on both levels. I think the B conference might have better coaches because they get so much from smaller rosters and can still battle with the mid-level A foes.

They don't. Most B conference teams have 0-2 D1 players per class land typically FCS rated players. Most A Conference teams have 3-6 per class. That's a big difference. That's from someone who has coached on both levels. I think the B conference might have better coaches because they get so much from smaller rosters and can still battle with the mid-level A foes.

a 15.5% winning percentage against the A Conference over the last 10 years (using EI's numbers) doesn't exactly reflect your claim

a 15.5% winning percentage against the A Conference over the last 10 years (using EI's numbers) doesn't exactly reflect your claim

Battle doesn't mean win.

Where is DBCoach when we need him? I know he still has ties to SFA.

Sorry scout, been busy enjoying the playoffs going on. And this would be news and a shock to me if this was the case. SFA knew going into the season this would be an extremely difficult season. However, coaches come and go, myself included, usually moving on to more challenging positions. I've talked to several coaches and still have a few kids there and was assured they will still be in the A conf next season. Actually hasn't there been a rumor each year that SFA would drop football be disciplined and sanctions and all the rest??? And yet.......they still stand. Say what you want about what they do, but they are most likely there to stay.

Someone is conspicuously absent from this thread, Hmmmm... This person always chimes in and LOVES stirring the pot regarding anything CHC.

Paging the Gooch, come in Gooch. What's the deal with Messay's mercenaries on Chase Street?

I believe Arnold Jackson eventually got the Gooch. LOL

Edited by 92 Card