eaglesinsider

St. Frances Rumors?

918 posts in this topic

I mean, you're asking questions that can't be answered on this board. I would hope that anyone that was apart of those conversations, wouldn't be posting the info on this board.

What I don't get, and not saying this disrespectfully. But why do you(or anybody) care so much? I've never seen a topic on this board that's been talked about ad Naseum like this one. Even back in the glory days of this board, where there were dozens of regular posters, never has there been a topic that won't die like this one. I understand asking about this once, twice maybe. But people are asking the same things, probably a thousand times now.

Talk like this happen in message boards.  You've been around long enough to know this.  Hot topics are hot topics and Gilman is a hot topic here.  Very little about this brought up on other message boards from what I see.  Here comments and questions beget more comments and questions.  And sometimes things come so fast it's hard to keep up like me not knowing Poggi went to Michigan when I heard last it was just a Maryland and Michigan offers and considerations.

I'm asking about the 5 guaranteed admissions now because it's the current talk and I wondering where even that came from meaning was it something someone just said here that became a fact when it's not even a fact Biff asked for anything.  I asked where did the guarantee that come from.

But if he going to Michigan its against the rules for him to put money into a high school football program. I just hope several of these kids who are already starters at public schools won't be like the other transfers in the past that left after one year. Also gilman is still recruiting and parents will still send their kids there.

I think people care because this issue has had far reaching effects.  People want to understand how & why this all came to be at what seemed (from the outside looking in) a well oiled machine.

Exactly nomad.  And the more Gilman folks drop in here to say nothing is going on while 20 coaches and several players leave, the more question of just what's going will happen.  Moreover, the coaches are going to another MIAA school and maybe the players who left may have also if they could.  That's talk worthy.

Talk like this happen in message boards.  You've been around long enough to know this.  Hot topics are hot topics and Gilman is a hot topic here.  Very little about this brought up on other message boards from what I see.  Here comments and questions beget more comments and questions.  And sometimes things come so fast it's hard to keep up like me not knowing Poggi went to Michigan when I heard last it was just a Maryland and Michigan offers and considerations.

I'm asking about the 5 guaranteed admissions now because it's the current talk and I wondering where even that came from meaning was it something someone just said here that became a fact when it's not even a fact Biff asked for anything.  I asked where did the guarantee that come from.

Someone posted it on here, but it is a fact. But like I said, the answer to your questions would have to be answered by someone directly involved in the talks. Also, I don't think certain things should be posted on message boards. Also, why does it matter the intricate details? This is what I mean by why do people care so much. I'm a Gilman grad and know people directly involved in the situation and I don't even care to know all the details. I know what I needed to know. He asked, was told no, he left. I've heard other details, but I'm not posting them here. And I wasn't there to say these things as facts.

But if he going to Michigan its against the rules for him to put money into a high school football program. I just hope several of these kids who are already starters at public schools won't be like the other transfers in the past that left after one year. Also gilman is still recruiting and parents will still send their kids there.

What rules would Biff be violating to do with his money as he wishes?  Do you really believe they way things were done in the past at SFA will be the same with the new incoming crew of McGregor, Erhman, White, and others backed by Poggi?

Exactly nomad.  And the more Gilman folks drop in here to say nothing is going on while 20 coaches and several players leave, the more question of just what's going will happen.  Moreover, the coaches are going to another MIAA school and maybe the players who left may have also if they could.  That's talk worthy.

Talk to what end? You're not going to get any answers. Just going in circles. Nobody on the board at Gilman that I know read this board. I know coaches and teachers who read this board. I know Gilman's last Headmaster knew about this board and what was said. I seriously doubt the new Headmaster has any clue about this board. So these people aren't going to come on here and post answers, just because some random posters need to feed their appetite.

What rules would Biff be violating to do with his money as he wishes?  Do you really believe they way things were done in the past at SFA will be the same with the new incoming crew of McGregor, Erhman, White, and others backed by Poggi?

Erhmann hasn't been on Gilman's staff in a couple of years. He's not going to SFA.

Someone posted it on here, but it is a fact. But like I said, the answer to your questions would have to be answered by someone directly involved in the talks. Also, I don't think certain things should be posted on message boards. Also, why does it matter the intricate details? This is what I mean by why do people care so much. I'm a Gilman grad and know people directly involved in the situation and I don't even care to know all the details. I know what I needed to know. He asked, was told no, he left. I've heard other details, but I'm not posting them here. And I wasn't there to say these things as facts.

You say someone posted the guarantee thing here and it's a fact but I thought it was you yet I was not really sure because so much info comes so fast from so many places.  Why do the details matter?  I'd say the devil is in the details.

So now I see it as a fact that Biff asked for 5 guaranteed admissions and was told no but it's more than just Biff leaving when almost the entire staff left also.  And now I think it's logical to get a clarification of what constituted guaranteed admissions like Biff would have the final say on some independent of admissions rather than present who he wanted to admissions for the normal acceptance process.

These are legit topics of message board discussion rather than Biff asked, was told no, and he left, end of story.

You say someone posted the guarantee thing here and it's a fact but I thought it was you yet I was not really sure because so much info comes so fast from so many places.  Why do the details matter?  I'd say the devil is in the details.

So now I see it as a fact that Biff asked for 5 guaranteed admissions and was told no but it's more than just Biff leaving when almost the entire staff left also.  And now I think it's logical to get a clarification of what constituted guaranteed admissions like Biff would have the final say on some independent of admissions rather than present who he wanted to admissions for the normal acceptance process.

These are legit topics of message board discussion rather than Biff asked, was told no, and he left, end of story.

No, it wasn't me. I just confirmed that it was true after it was posted.

Dude, I don't know what to tell you. Can't give you your answers. I don't know them. I suggest if it really means that much to you, go on Gilman's website and I'm sure you can get the Headmaster's email address. I think you should reach out and see if you can get the answers you so desperately crave. I personally can't help you.

Talk to what end? You're not going to get any answers. Just going in circles. Nobody on the board at Gilman that I know read this board. I know coaches and teachers who read this board. I know Gilman's last Headmaster knew about this board and what was said. I seriously doubt the new Headmaster has any clue about this board. So these people aren't going to come on here and post answers, just because some random posters need to feed their appetite.

You just may be right about not getting answers or even correct answers which is a down side to message boards.  But things will be discussed and ad nauseum as you said.  This Gilman matter is the biggest high school sports matter I can ever think of for this area and like I said, I heard very little about it outside this area other than Biff trying to take Good Counsel players and you say Biff is at Michigan.

Edited by First_Down

You just may be right about not getting answers or even correct answers which is a down side to message boards.  But things will be discussed and ad nauseum as you said.  This Gilman matter is the biggest high school sports matter I can ever think of for this area and like I said, I heard very little about it outside this area oter than Biff trying to take Good Counsel players and you say Biff is at Michigan.

Not sure where you're looking! I don't even look at the DC board much but went over there today and even as dead as that board is, the only topic that's being talked about is Biff/SFA/Gilman/transfer related.

No, it wasn't me. I just confirmed that it was true after it was posted.

Dude, I don't know what to tell you. Can't give you your answers. I don't know them. I suggest if it really means that much to you, go on Gilman's website and I'm sure you can get the Headmaster's email address. I think you should reach out and see if you can get the answers you so desperately crave. I personally can't help you.

So whomever posted it you confirmed is another with good insider connection because all I read were official releases that said Biff felt he had reached the pinnacle of success at Gilman and just wanted to move on.  Now it's really about not getting what he wanted.  But it's not just me asking so many questions.  There are waves of folks in pages upon pages commenting and questioning about this Gilman matter right now.  It's just interesting stuff like those run on forever TV soaps.

Edited by First_Down

So u telling me u can be a college coach and pay money for kids to go to a high school to play football no way. It's ways around it but he can't come out and say that he is doing it. Like I said I hope the kids don't get screwed. It's not like sfa was so great last year and they suck this season kids will bolt again no matter who is there.

What rules would Biff be violating to do with his money as he wishes? Do you really believe they way things were done in the past at SFA will be the same with the new incoming crew of McGregor, Erhman, White, and others backed by Poggi?

So u telling me u can be a college coach and pay money for kids to go to a high school to play football no way. It's ways around it but he can't come out and say that he is doing it. Like I said I hope the kids don't get screwed. It's not like sfa was so great last year and they suck this season kids will bolt again no matter who is there.

It was you who said there are rules against what Biff is doing or could.  I asked what rules.  I'm thinking what's to stop anyone from providing an endowment to say what the monies may be used on like a scholar or fellowship endowment.  The school execute the endowment with McGregor getting the players he want with perhaps Michigan having the inside track on these kids.  That sounds so under the table but are there any NCAA rules prohibiting this or some fashion of it.  I don't know but you said there are rules against it.  What rules?

I read u wrong but it would give Michigan the inside track and creating an unfair recruiting advantage. But anyway this football season will be real interesting I can't wait.

I read u wrong but it would give Michigan the inside track and creating an unfair recruiting advantage. But anyway this football season will be real interesting I can't wait.

It could be an unfair recruiting advantage in this area for some others for even Biff to be at Michigan, even Maryland.  Biff putting in his money into one high school could be an unfair advantage for Michigan at the high school.  But how many high schools are there in the country Biff's money is not taking a recruiting advantage.

Because I don't like chumps hiding behind a screen name. I don't care if you hang out at tailgates for high school, I repeat, high school football games. I have asked him repeatedly to reveal his name and he was too scared to do so. I also know that you all circle jerk with each other so I knew that you knew his name. Others on here are tired of the bull that is talked so that name was revealed me to me. Who revealed it? Doesn't matter but for someone that is not afraid "TO GET DOWN" in a drop of a dime would not reveal his name. Just wanted to throw the name out there so everyone would know :)

You are an insecure fool. We learned on this board years ago to ignore GA's Gilman hype machine. Why is that so difficult for you to do? Did GA threaten to whip your *** East Baltimore style? You and a few others have hard-ons for GA. Maybe you all are the circle-jerkers. Keep it in perspective, Uncle Ruckus. This ain't serious enough to pull that type of ***** move. Edited by TheGuru

You are an insecure fool. We learned on this board years ago to ignore GA's Gilman hype machine. Why is that so difficult for you to do? Did GA threaten to whip your *** East Baltimore style? You and a few others have hard-ons for GA. Maybe you all are the circle-jerkers. Keep it in perspective, Uncle Ruckus. This ain't serious enough to pull that type of *****

Edited by Outside Looking In