eaglesinsider

St. Frances Rumors?

918 posts in this topic

92 Card why you calling me out . I've laid off the Hall in recent weeks but you wanna stir the pot . Idk what's going on with the Rev Do Good and company down on Chase street but the word around in the hood was Poggi was taking over lol . I'll be at the Chicken Bowl this week on Loyolas side in all black with a Loyola cap on come holler at me

What's crazy?

Would u think that a coach of his reputation would step away from a program like Gilman, to come to SFA as the head coach? Sorry, I have ties to the SFA program and absolutely loved my time there, but I think that move would qualify as crazy.

The fact that he would even consider that move, shows his arrogance. He would leave his alma mater out to dry, take his ball(money) and go to SFA. That is crazy. Maybe he needs a new challenge and turning SFA into a national power in football would be challenging.

GA,

What's the word on Gilman? Heard a lot of buzz this past weekend but don't know what's fact and what's fiction? Frankly I think the aforementioned SFA move is more in keeping with Biff's mission. Helping inner city kids get good high school educations and D1 and D2 football opportunities.

Did anyone at the MCD/Gilman game wonder how a team with barely 30 players could compete with a team with that many big talented players?

92 Card why you calling me out . I've laid off the Hall in recent weeks but you wanna stir the pot . Idk what's going on with the Rev Do Good and company down on Chase street but the word around in the hood was Poggi was taking over lol . I'll be at the Chicken Bowl this week on Loyolas side in all black with a Loyola cap on come holler at me

Give it up hypocrite. I'm shaking.

The fact that he would even consider that move, shows his arrogance. He would leave his alma mater out to dry, take his ball(money) and go to SFA. That is crazy. Maybe he needs a new challenge and turning SFA into a national power in football would be challenging.

If he leaves, his money wouldn't go anywhere. Also, they're other people who helps fund the program. I don't think it would take away from Gilman at all because they attract different type of students.

If he leaves, his money wouldn't go anywhere. Also, they're other people who helps fund the program. I don't think it would take away from Gilman at all because they attract different type of students.

Agreed

What do you mean by attracting a different type of student?

Killing two birds with one stone. He preserves Gilman's dominance and staves off the Catholic schools by putting on a full court press to young men headed for CHC, LB & MSJ with fully paid tuition and promises of a national relevance.

Killing two birds with one stone. He preserves Gilman's dominance and staves off the Catholic schools by putting on a full court press to young men headed for CHC, LB & MSJ with fully paid tuition and promises of a national relevance.

I wonder if the MoHoCo pipeline to Gilman will continue when BM steps away from 5407 Roland.

I thought I saw on here that Biff brings in about 5 recruits a year correct me if I'm wrong.  If so and he's flipping the bill that's roughly 150,000 a class at 600,000 a year. 

At SFA with lesser resrictions Biff could bring in double or triple that number with a slight bump on the dollar amount.  Just about every player on the team would be hand picked pretty much like DeMatha.

What do you mean by attracting a different type of student?

Pretty simple, Gilman academically is much more stringent than SFA. Didn't think that it was hard to understand.

Edited by GREYHOUND ALUM

I wonder if the MoHoCo pipeline to Gilman will continue when BM steps away from 5407 Roland.

Highly doubt it. They're pretty entrenched now in those counties. Bill is a big part of it though.

Highly doubt it. They're pretty entrenched now in those counties. Bill is a big part of it though.

how many pg kids up there now?

GA: Biff bankrolls the Gilman coaching staff. Gilman would take a minor set back for a few years but this might be a good thing for the MIAA as I do think McDonogh would scale back its recruiting efforts. 

While Gilman will always remain a strong program, it will suffer if Biff retires or goes to SFA. I have ties to Gilman and I just don't see the administration pouring in the same money and resources that Biff has done for the past 20 + years. I'm not saying Gilman will fall off, the schools kinda recruits it self. (top notch academics in the state and strong athletics)

Gilman's recruiting arm will be downsizing for sure if Biff is going to depart for SFA. (would McGregor go with him?)

Personally I would give him mad respect if he took over SFA. 

Give what up 92 Card I'm not trying to scare you by no means buddy but you should be scared of what might happen to you Thursday if y'all lose lol

GA: Biff bankrolls the Gilman coaching staff. Gilman would take a minor set back for a few years but this might be a good thing for the MIAA as I do think McDonogh would scale back its recruiting efforts. 

While Gilman will always remain a strong program, it will suffer if Biff retires or goes to SFA. I have ties to Gilman and I just don't see the administration pouring in the same money and resources that Biff has done for the past 20 + years. I'm not saying Gilman will fall off, the schools kinda recruits it self. (top notch academics in the state and strong athletics)

Gilman's recruiting arm will be downsizing for sure if Biff is going to depart for SFA. (would McGregor go with him?)

Personally I would give him mad respect if he took over SFA.

Why do you think if he leaves that his money leaves or retires that his money leaves as well? His money is going no where from what I've been told by those in the know. In fact, if he retires, you can expect him to be more involved in recruiting than he is now.

how many pg kids up there now?

Quite a few. Ellison Jordan, Maddox, Evan Gregory, Spanky Dixon, Brandon Willis, Kasim, off the top of my head.

GA,

What's the word on Gilman? Heard a lot of buzz this past weekend but don't know what's fact and what's fiction? Frankly I think the aforementioned SFA move is more in keeping with Biff's mission. Helping inner city kids get good high school educations and D1 and D2 football opportunities.

Did anyone at the MCD/Gilman game wonder how a team with barely 30 players could compete with a team with that many big talented players?

Exactly. That's why it's not crazy. Might be able to save more lives, have less restrictions, and all that.

Why do you think if he leaves that his money leaves or retires that his money leaves as well? His money is going no where from what I've been told by those in the know. In fact, if he retires, you can expect him to be more involved in recruiting than he is now.

What is he Obi Wan Kenobi? "If you strike me down I will become more powerful than you could possibly imagine!" Sorry...couldn't resist, getting pumped for new Star Wars.